Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo Kit by Eternal Motorsports for the G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
damen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Single Turbo Kit by Eternal Motorsports for the G35 coupe

Even though this is mainly a 350Z forum alot of us G35 guys hang out here to get good info, please don't be offened my 350Z brothers. We need some more options for our cars so this is one that may take the cake. Enjoy anyways. And I'm planning on being at the AAM meet this weekend Oct. 1st.

Four months ago my car was sent to Eternal Motorsports in Connecticut to be fitted for a single turbo set up for the 2003 G35 coupe. I’ve had my car back now for about a month. Parts for this kit include:
-Garrett GT35R turbo (dual ball bearing turbo)
-Twin Spearco intercoolers
-Tial 44mm waste-gate with a .5Bar (7.25 psi) spring (with a recirculating setup) -this is good for 8.5 psi. of boost
-3” down pipe leading to the stock muffler
-High flow cat
-MAP-ecu for fuel management
-440cc injectors
-K&N filtered (wet sock) cold air intake
-Walbro 255 fuel pump with a return fuel system

The car runs fine and has power that doesn’t seem to stop. As of right now the kit is using the MAP-ecu for fuel management but over the next couple of weeks Eternal Motorsports will be looking to install the Uni-Chip system with a plug and play set up on my car. This will be for those that may want more boost as well as being able to control some timing if needed. The MAP-ecu will still be available as a tuner set up.

Attached I have some pics of the kit as well as a dyno sheet. You’ll see that the dyno was on a Mustang Dyno but, once the Uni-Chip and is installed and tuned we’ll be going to a Dyno-Jet Dyno for those that may want to see numbers on it. At 8.94 psi. of boost my car made 392-hp. and 416 ft. tq.

MSRP of the kit is estimated at $6,300. Tuner kits will be available without any fuel or engine management system.

In addition to the kit my car has an ACT clutch, Greddy boost controller, and Zeitronix gauge.

Pics included: http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2121101314
Old 09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Not flaming nice work but aside from the dual intercoolers and slight difference in turbo position it looks exactly like the Turbonetics G35 kit. Excpet of course for the price being at least $1300 higher.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
damen

yeah i said the same thing once i was shown the kit by Eternal Motorsports but, they claimed that was the best place for it at the time of building. the twin intercoolers was so that no one would have to go out and buy a new bumper. that was one of my main reasons of giving them my car to try the kit on. plus it gives a sleeper look until noticed. hehehe
Old 09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by damen
yeah i said the same thing once i was shown the kit by Eternal Motorsports but, they claimed that was the best place for it at the time of building. the twin intercoolers was so that no one would have to go out and buy a new bumper. that was one of my main reasons of giving them my car to try the kit on. plus it gives a sleeper look until noticed. hehehe
Its very interesting design wise. Turbonetics went with SPAL pusher fans that run at full speed under boost and half when off to eliminate the need to buy a new bumper. They actually flow better then ambient forced air...lol..either way nice setup. Can't complain about the work. After all Turbonetics did it like that for a reason and its nice to see others had the same idea.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Bullitproof

I agree with mia, that is a pretty expensive kit for a st. nice to see other kits popping up out there, especially for the g35. btw, what type of bov is that? nice numbers, now get that car to the car wash!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
damen

the bov is a turbosmart set up to recirculate.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Cronic

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Not flaming nice work but aside from the dual intercoolers and slight difference in turbo position it looks exactly like the Turbonetics G35 kit. Excpet of course for the price being at least $1300 higher.
Keep in mind it is using a gt35r which is more expensive then the t3/t4 60trim. I also like the tial 44mm better then the tnetics gates. The 35r is a kick *** turbo, it is a great choice for this motor.

Sweet kit forsure, as i said when i saw the tnetics kit, i would heat coat the turbine housing of that exhaust, and wrap or coat that charge pipe. That is the cold pipe and you want to keep it as cool as posable since it is coming out of the IC. Turbos of that size throw off some serious heat.

Nice kit man!

ps i cant read that chart! Did xx tuning tune the car? Thought they had a dyna pak?

Last edited by Cronic; 09-26-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Cronic
Keep in mind it is using a gt35r which is more expensive then the t3/t4 60trim. I also like the tial 44mm better then the tnetics gates. The 35r is a kick *** turbo, it is a great choice for this motor.

Sweet kit forsure, as i said when i saw the tnetics kit, i would heat coat the turbine housing of that exhaust, and wrap or coat that charge pipe. That is the cold pipe and you want to keep it as cool as posable since it is coming out of the IC. Turbos of that size throw off some serious heat.

Nice kit man!
Really how much is a GT35R. I know the 60-1 with T4 turbine side is over $1700 just for the turbo. Do you have any flow data on that Tial 44 mm gate that I could compare to the Evolution BTW?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Cronic

Really how much is a GT35R. I know the 60-1 with T4 turbine side is over $1700 just for the turbo. Do you have any flow data on that Tial 44 mm gate that I could compare to the Evolution BTW?
I just know we had no luck with the tnetics gates. Boost was always all over. Keep in mind we are running 30+ psi so this may not apply to these low boost levels.

Do you have any better dyno charts?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:33 PM
MIAPLAYA

I just know we had no luck with the tnetics gates. Boost was always all over. Keep in mind we are running 30+ psi so this may not apply to these low boost levels.

Do you have any better dyno charts?
30 PSI on what turbo? The Evolution wasn't designed for over 500 HP. At that point I would have switched to a Racegate or personally a Newgen. Dyno charts of? My car?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Cronic

30 PSI on what turbo? The Evolution wasn't designed for over 500 HP. At that point I would have switched to a Racegate or personally a Newgen. Dyno charts of? My car?
It was the race gate BTW.. the car with that gate had a t04r, garett t66, and a few others. It never worked. We have a dozen 35r cars in the mid-high 5's with the 44mm and they work perfect. These are all wrx, or sti's.

Where did you get the price for the t4 60-1? Everything i see is about 6-800 in t4 format.

Stock motor STI with 40r.

I woud love to have the tnetics kit with a t4 35r! I am trying not to mod this car..LOL A 40r on the Vq, now we are talking!

Last edited by Cronic; 09-26-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
MIAPLAYA

Sorry price came down its now $1470 with the ball bearing option for the 60-1 with a T4 Stage V turbine and ceramic ball bearing. (as used in the G35 kit) http://www.racetep.com/turbopl2004.html

Hmm maybe the Newgen would have worked better for you then the Racegate. I saw the flow numbers for the newgen and it flowed at least twice as much as the Evolution (the 500 HP gate). The Evolution is used on the Z/G kit and has not had any flow issues to date. Nice graph...what pressure ratio was that at? Looks like a BIg compressor by the looks of the peak tq point...
Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Cronic

Sorry price came down its now $1470 with the ball bearing option for the 60-1 with a T4 Stage V turbine and ceramic ball bearing. (as used in the G35 kit) http://www.racetep.com/turbopl2004.html

Hmm maybe the Newgen would have worked better for you then the Racegate. I saw the flow numbers for the newgen and it flowed at least twice as much as the Evolution (the 500 HP gate). The Evolution is used on the Z/G kit and has not had any flow issues to date. Nice graph...what pressure ratio was that at? Looks like a BIg compressor by the looks of the peak tq point...
Yea keep in mind that is a bone stock 2.5l sti. We actually experienced combustion stall on that pull and reached the limits of the stock motor, the car could not physically move anymore air. That was 31psi, on a gt40r with i believe a .9x turbine housing. The 40r is in the 70lb min range. We have had a few 35r's touch about 600whp on a built motor. That car is currently getting a fully built 2.65, heads, cams, etc we are shooting for 650whp.

So tnetics uses the BB 60-1 in their kit? That is pretty cool then.

Sorry to ***** it up in here, but that is a sweet kit ya got there. Post up a better graph i cant even see what it makes.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
damen

Nice kit man!

ps i cant read that chart! Did xx tuning tune the car? Thought they had a dyna pak?
thanks on the kit. i'm not here to start a which kit is better. Turbonetics make a good kit and Eternal Motorsports makes a nice kit. they both have their differences. XX didn't tune the car, Eternal Motorsports had a guy from MAP-ecu come and tune the car. XX has a mustang and a dyna pak.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When does full boost come on with this custom ST kit?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Rayden2001

Old 09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
damen

Post up a better graph i cant even see what it makes.
sorry about the graph i'll try and see what i can do.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Rayden2001
Is that toward me? Did I miss the part where he explains when boost comes on?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Rayden2001

Originally Posted by Alberto
Is that toward me? Did I miss the part where he explains when boost comes on?
Not towards you....the price of the kit.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Rayden2001
Not towards you....the price of the kit.
Oh ok, lol.

BTW Damen I just noticed you are in MD. I would love to check your set-up out. This fall/winter Ill be installing my ST, afterwords maybe we can meet up and film some runs