Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 03:27 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vision619
I'm fairly sure the JWT kit twill ship "tuned" out of the box for stock VQ35 engines like every other kit on the market.
.....true + 1, and will be, (and is) easily tuneable for built motors.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:29 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
.....true + 1, and will be, (and is) easily tuneable for built motors.
Can you share some more info on how it is tuned? Is it still using the same box that Clark built or is it a SS box?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Can you share some more info on how it is tuned? Is it still using the same box that Clark built or is it a SS box?
I think it can be done either way.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I think it can be done either way.
Um....so does that mean its the Split Second Box or is it the one Clark built in house?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how are they leading you, or anyone else on? By not disclosing the specifics of a kit that is not yet offered to the general public? When they are ready to disclose, they will
Old 11-13-2005, 04:09 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
how are they leading you, or anyone else on? By not disclosing the specifics of a kit that is not yet offered to the general public? When they are ready to disclose, they will
+1...........I'd rather let Clark at JWT answer any specific questions about THEIR kit, when they want to, and to whom they want to. You understand
Old 11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
VRT
Banned

+1+1

Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
theking

I didn't mean it the way you took it. I was talking about how they have led people on about when their kit was going to be ready. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. They could have made a boatload(which is what they are in business for) if they would have released something by now. I know that I would have bought their kit with their upgraded turbos if they would have just released a tuner kit when they got the whole setup working(or with no tuning or fuel components for that matter). You answered my questions MIA....thank you!
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by theking
I didn't mean it the way you took it. I was talking about how they have led people on about when their kit was going to be ready. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. They could have made a boatload(which is what they are in business for) if they would have released something by now. I know that I would have bought their kit with their upgraded turbos if they would have just released a tuner kit when they got the whole setup working(or with no tuning or fuel components for that matter). You answered my questions MIA....thank you!
Glad I could help out
Old 11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
nissansource

This is like a soap =) gotta love it. I just cant wait to get my TN Kit personally i dont want to pipe my motor to china and back =) besides im ready now not when they release.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Gman2004

I can tell you this much...its a pull through MAF style. The bypass valve is vented back into the tract pre-turbo. They are using an Aux box that Clark made there. The base kit uses stock injectors with a Walbro 255 lph pump in the tank. There is an FMU similar to what Vortech uses to increase fuel pressure under boost. The aux box just pulls timing from what I understand. If you plan to go for big power expect to replace the injectors at the very least. Not sure if the aux box can be tuned by anyone other then Clark or Jim but right off the bat I'm going to say probably can't be. Just basing that on my experience with their past ECU upgrades. Usually the pre-tuned it and sent it to you. Becasue it runs pull through though it does mean that the boost can be higher without the MAF freaking.
If all this is true I don't know how VRT can claim the the JWT TT kit is the best kit all the kits available. I mean come on, an FMU like the vortech? Split Second box or Aux box for tuning? Using factory injectors and no fuel system? Seems kinda pre-historic like my mitsubishi turbos.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
nissansource

they cant tune the ecu for smog reason or jwt would. plus 99.9 percent of the Z chip tuners only cracked 90% of the computer half *** tuneing.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:46 PM
vision619

Charles Pak? I do know him actually. But thats not who I'm referring too.
Oh sorry. You said Jim's biggest local vendor so I assumed you were talking about Charles at PowerTirix. I'm not sure on exact numbers and can't speak for Jim but I don't see how PowerTrix's can be exceeded (considering an average of 10 turbo's a month). Just my personal experience.

Are you referring to that place where G. Vogel works?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by nissansource
they cant tune the ecu for smog reason or jwt would. plus 99.9 percent of the Z chip tuners only cracked 90% of the computer half *** tuneing.
Jim can. Patience is a virtue. Hang in there!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
nissansource

Jim can. Patience is a virtue. Hang in there!
he has the portions everyone else has cracked from the word on the grapevine. Jim wont release a half *** thing till its fully cracked.. just like the SpecV market he couldnt get
Old 11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by Gman2004
If all this is true I don't know how VRT can claim the the JWT TT kit is the best kit all the kits available. I mean come on, an FMU like the vortech? Split Second box or Aux box for tuning? Using factory injectors and no fuel system? Seems kinda pre-historic like my mitsubishi turbos.
Human nature is to deny what we don't understand ... so I understand.

I can't speak too much about this kit but let me tell you this. The torque it produces is inconceivable when compared to it's rivals.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by nissansource
he has the portions everyone else has cracked from the word on the grapevine. Jim wont release a half *** thing till its fully cracked.. just like the SpecV market he couldnt get
I really wish I could tell you details on how close he is to CARB apporval. But loyalty prohibits me from speaking about the subject in deatail. Just hang in there. It's coming. Believe that.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
theking

I'm trying to say this in the nicest way but that is a ridiculous statement. Seeing as how most the kits on the market(even the old and outdated Greddy system) have great spoil characteristics this is not even a good selling point. I can put my car on a load based dyno, hold the speed and make it look like it makes full boost at a much lower rpm than could be seen on the street. Most tuners know this trick and that's why most of them are staying out of this. Look at the JWT kit when Sport Z did their shootout. Not much different than the rest. Wait till TurboXS has the anti-lag feature of the UTEC working for the Z!

About the EM/tuning solution: basically what you are saying is you don't know? Sorry for being a dick but you guys are sure talking alot of game. First it was 1)we are going to JWT to dyno, then 2)it was a fresh motor so we didn't rev it, 3)we don't drag race but if we did it would run 11.4@127 4)we make 500whp but JW didn't want to hit the rev limiter/fresh motor thing, and on and on and on. I've tried to ask questions about tuning and what the setup is or what it is not but it's been made out as if it's a secret. After all these boards and specifically this forum are made to share information not market products. If I'm out of line then by all means ban me. I've been seriously dissapointed in the amount of knowledge being shared on this forum on this board as of late because everyone's efforts have been towards arguing and not sharing. MIA has seen the cars and if I ever saw them I could answer my own questions within a 5 minute inspection and 1 minute ride. Example: when running a BAP fuel solution under boost you can hear the pump motor rise in it's whine as it ups the voltage(as long as you can get your head fairly close to the pump and on a 350z that's not a problem) or measure the MAF pipe size. If you view this as argumentative then I apologize but I don't think anyone should tip-toe around the aspects of the kit just because JWT and this kit have been viewed as the Holy Grail of the 350z FI world. I will now be getting off my soap box.
I can't speak too much about this kit but let me tell you this. The torque it produces is inconceivable when compared to it's rivals.

Last edited by theking; 11-13-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Gman2004

Human nature is to deny what we don't understand ... so I understand.

WTF are you talking about? I am not denying anything. All I said was if this kit is using an FMU and stock injectors with no fuel system and a limited EMS like the SS box then how can this kit be the best off all the kits? Again if this is true, then IMO the APS is a better kit out of the box.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Bullitproof

how can you guys(vrt) push this kit, says its the greatest of the great and when forum members ask general questions about the kit, you plead the fifth. not trying to flame, but that seems jacked up. all-in-all, i'm glad i didn't wait for this kit like i said i would almost two years ago when i first heard of it. i really don't think the kit is gonna perform any different than most the kits out there. the kits you guys are putting out now are not carb approved just like all the other kits out there, right? you guys seem to have some pretty solid cars, but no different than some of the other forum members that grace these boards. with the exception of the built motor, my g mirrors one of your vrt cars down to the rmc volks. do i call it the "bullitproof" g35 and invade the boards about the supremacy of the aps kit and my supercar-destroying pimp-mobile? nah homie, seems kinda weak. i wish i did live on the west so i could see these everyday track terrors for myself. if your prototype non-carb legal jwt turbo kits are really the end all to be all, i'm sure i'll be reading bout them in all the magazines. sorry this is so long, but the browns are getting their butts handed to them and i'm bored.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???