Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjbalto
How would anybody know if you made changes? If they inspect your car and see a JWT kit installed wouldn't they let it pass? If what you're saying is true Mia, then why is everybody excited about APS going for CARB? I would say that if the kit you have initially is CARB friendly, than you will be okay after making changes that are probably not visible anyway. On the other hand, the Turbonetics kits is an automatic failure.
My statement has nothing to do with the Turbonetics kit or any other...and the point is that if you alter the kit its not CARB cert. I'm not saying Turbonetics or any other is. VRT says they make "street legal" super cars. They are not. End of story. Nice ninja edit The APS "tuner" kit will not be CARB cert. Only the full TT kit (CARB version) will be. The kit must be installed as provided and ZERO alterations must be made. True some will not change anything and some changes are not noticeable. However the CARB cert is no longer valid once something is changed. This is more a concern when a dealer installs it or it is sold on a new car like that. The BAR gets REALLY pissy when you do that.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 11-14-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
weslutes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I don't get. They're sayin' their built motor, low compression, cams, & alterations to a JWT kit is gonna pass smog. Riiggggghhhht.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

How would anybody know if you made changes? If they inspect your car and see a JWT kit installed wouldn't they let it pass? If what you're saying is true Mia, then why is everybody excited about APS going for CARB? I would say that if the kit you have initially is CARB friendly, than you will be okay after making changes that are probably not visible anyway. On the other hand, the Turbonetics kits is an automatic failure.
To my knowledge, there are basically 2 steps to passing smog in California. The first being a visual inspection; is anything changed from stock and if it is, does it have a CARB #? BTW, the smog inspector is suppose to check the CARB # to make sure you did not take the CARB # off another product and place it on a non-CARB part/kit. The second part is the actual testing on a dyno and sniffing it. A car can actual pass the 2nd part and fail because it does not have the approved parts/kit on it with a CARB #.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
kjbalto

Originally Posted by weslutes
That's what I don't get. They're sayin' their built motor, low compression, cams, & alterations to a JWT kit is gonna pass smog. Riiggggghhhht.

But none of that is visible to the eye except the fact that you have a JWT kit installed. They can't see that you changed the pistons and installed cams.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
MIAPLAYA

But none of that is visible to the eye except the fact that you have a JWT kit installed. They can't see that you changed the pistons and installed cams.
You also might now be able to pass smog like that. A low compression motor with a MUCH richer tune isn't going to roll very well.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
nissansource

hmmm who knows I guess we will only know when its released. BTW a 400hp car is a great car that can whoop on 90 percent of the avg sports cars out there. S H I T i remember when my 200sx on 28psi was making 482 hp i pulled up to a viper didnt have to down shift and spun the tires on the frwy freely to redline while cruising at 75mph prior and ebliterated the viper
Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The kit must be installed as provided and ZERO alterations must be made. True some will not change anything and some changes are not noticeable. However the CARB cert is no longer valid once something is changed.
You're 100% correct Mia, alter the CARB approved FI system or modify the engine and the CARB EO order no longer applies.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Glad I don't live in Cali...all I have to do for smog inspection in IL is pass an OBD test..they just plug their gear into the OBD II port on my car..and as long as it doesn't throw any codes...I'm good to go. No sniffer and no inspection under the hood or under the car. I can even roll in there with no cats on the car...and it still passes.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
weslutes

The stock tune is 14:1 A/F with 10.3:1 compression.

A built motor tuned is around 10:1 A/F with 8.5 compression.

I don't care what they(VRT) claim, any one of their "supercars" will fail smog. Unless they cheat, bribe, or give a really good "BJ" to the technician.

Ban these guys & their failed marketing attempts
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 PM
nissansource

The stock tune is 14:1 A/F with 10.3:1 compression.

I don't care what they(VRT) claim, any one of their "supercars" will fail smog. Unless they cheat, bribe, or give a really good "BJ" to the technician.

Ban these guys & their failed marketing attempts

Your a Douche
we should ban you for being dumb no one needs your comments

Last edited by nissansource; 11-14-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
illZ

? huh? Where are you getting that from?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so now the inspection stations start measuring piston and deck height and running the car under boost with a wideband to determine AFR? Aside from the kit itself, there is NO way for the inspection station to tell ANY internal mods you have done.

A stock tune is not 14.1 AFR either....

Do the moderators even look at these threads anymore? There is so much useless bull**** in here it's time to head for a desk.

I'm not a JWT dealer, nor do ever intend to be, but my lord...the lack of knowledge in this thread as a whole is staggering
Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

OMG, you people are doing nothing but ruining this place for people like me that like to gather information. You quote false information, biased opinions, try to destroy people for no good reason other than you are sucking on Greg V's nuts and pretty much make yourselves out to be a bunch of fools.

If you don't know what you are talking about, try this... KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

oh yeah, and Im sure you are butt hurt now so feel free to flame on me all you want. I have sat here for the last 3 weeks and watched you all act like idiots and didn't say anything negative, but now I am sick of this.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

unsubscribed
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
so now the inspection stations start measuring piston and deck height and running the car under boost with a wideband to determine AFR? Aside from the kit itself, there is NO way for the inspection station to tell ANY internal mods you have done.

A stock tune is not 14.1 AFR either....

Do the moderators even look at these threads anymore? There is so much useless bull**** in here it's time to head for a desk.

I'm not a JWT dealer, nor do ever intend to be, but my lord...the lack of knowledge in this thread as a whole is staggering
+1
Old 11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
nissansource

ROFL GREG V nut suckers LOL!!!!!. man thats funny kinda like when he stole a dyno chart to write an article on nissanperformance mag and stated it was his i dont even think it was corrected. People these days are all FORUM KEYBOARD WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, this thread was 18 pages of negativity and TOU violations from most of you. Enough is enough. All of the "community benefit" of this thread ended about post #0, so.....CLOSED.