Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

E-Manage Ultimate OR UTEC For T-Netics ST???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Elite 350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Manage Ultimate OR UTEC For T-Netics ST???

Im gonna be installing my T-Netics ST soon, just want your opinions on ECU, i got the tuner kit so im not running the TS Reflash...I have the E-Manage Ultimate right now...Ive read alot on the UTEC and it sounds pretty good...what is your experience/opinions on both the ECU...Im looking to stay safe boost at 8PSI, so feedbacks will help guys...thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd probably get the UTEC, but see that you already have the EU, I'd just stick with that. The EU is more than enough for what you need with the Turbonetics.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
DBZ33

I would say if you have the EU already then keep it. There are many people who have it and are running great. Also you will lose money by selling the EU and then spend even more money on the UTEC. I would say save the money and put it towards a fuel return and some injectors. Good Luck with the install.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U-TEC... I am using this currently this unit is VERY Promising, car is still at my shop for some tunning.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
DBZ33

Originally Posted by D350Z10
U-TEC... I am using this currently this unit is VERY Promising, car is still at my shop for some tunning.
Why is your car taking so long to finish tuning?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
D350Z10

Good question, the main tunner has been sick so he hasn't been in much. Trust me I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER lol.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by Elite 350z
Im gonna be installing my T-Netics ST soon, just want your opinions on ECU, i got the tuner kit so im not running the TS Reflash...I have the E-Manage Ultimate right now...Ive read alot on the UTEC and it sounds pretty good...what is your experience/opinions on both the ECU...
The UTEC is a much better option, especially if you plan on doing further upgrades down the road.

Here is what I would suggest:

UTEC
UTEC MAP Sensor
UTEC TunerREG or Tuner Pro
550cc injectors & clips
Walboro Fuel Pump
AAM Spec Turbonetics Oil Pan Spacer & Line kit

Optional:

Fuel System
UTEC Map selector switch
UTEC Knock Light

You could also use 440cc injectors, but because they are esentially the same price as the 550cc injectors the larger injectors will give you more power potential down the road if you decide to build the motor and/or upgrade the turbocharger.

Hope this helps,
Old 12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
The UTEC is a much better option, especially if you plan on doing further upgrades down the road.
He said he plans on sticking with 8psi or so. It would be pointless to sell what you have, take a loss, and buy something more expensive and all of the things you need to go with it. If the EU can handle 600+ on Sharif's car, I'm sure it can handle an 8psi TN

I'm not knocking the 'Tec at all. Hell, I'm either getting UTEC or an FCON next year, depending on funds. I'd just rather see him spend that on a return fuel system and injectors. My .02 cents.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:55 PM
DBZ33

Originally Posted by failsafe306
He said he plans on sticking with 8psi or so. It would be pointless to sell what you have, take a loss, and buy something more expensive and all of the things you need to go with it. If the EU can handle 600+ on Sharif's car, I'm sure it can handle an 8psi TN

I'm not knocking the 'Tec at all. Hell, I'm either getting UTEC or an FCON next year, depending on funds. I'd just rather see him spend that on a return fuel system and injectors. My .02 cents.
+1
Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Peking

+2

Agreed, spend your money elsewhere. Or save it in a mutual fund
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
D350Z10

I agree, I will post my numbers quick.. get this hype settled!!! I believe I am one of the First to go with the U-tec on a TN!!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

I agree for just 8 psi or slightly more the EU is perfect...
Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Elite 350z

thanks for your opinions guys...
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 AM
taurran

If you really want the UTEC, I'll offer to buy your EU for an ungodly low price.

If I were in your shoes, I would stick with the EU since you've already paid for it. As everyone else says, it should be absolutely fine.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

I agree with you that the EU is a good unit and it is adequate. I guess the question is after spending so much money on the TN Kit and everything else is adequate sufficient?

After having experience tuning the EU and UTEC on boosted 350Z's the choice is clear to me (that is why I installed the UTEC on my personal 350Z). But I guess I can see how it is difficult for anyone who does not have hands on experience with both units to know the differences and justify a cost difference.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 12-13-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the agree with Mike, the way the UTEC controls the fuel and timing is much SAFER than the EU. Both units can be tuned to make good power, but the UTEC is the safer choice incase anything unexpected happens ( i.e. stock ECU changes maps, accidentally leaving your ignition on with the EU will burn the coils, and other thing )

Also another thing, to have a good constant tune with the EU you SHOULD reflash your stock ECU with what some call a "stabilizer flash". If you go this route the cost of the EU vs. the UTEC would be the same or more. Hope this helps. Again just my look on things.

-George
Old 12-13-2005, 01:52 PM
dynamic6er

One other thing that should be mentioned. The EU is a good unit, but in its current setup the facotry ECU still has the ability to change timing maps. Even with the EU connected and tuned properly the Factory ECU still has teh ability to advance anywhere from 2 to 7 degrees if it switches maps. The EU does not have the ability to control this. 2 to 7 degrees of additional timing can mean disaster for your motor.

The UTEC has no such issues because it is controling the ignition while in boost with no input form the ECU. Also, the EU can potentially burn your coils up if the key is left in the on position.

Only reason I mention this is becasue there is no ECU flash planned at this point according to the original post.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
sentry65
the burninator

when the hell is greddy going to update the firmware and give the EU target timing?

I'm selling my EU in a couple months if they haven't come out with it yet. That was promised to us by them like 4-5 months ago.

Hell right now it's totally worthless on my NA Z cause my tuner didn't even see the target A/F map and just did the +/- deal and after a week the tune was totally gone back to normal

Last edited by sentry65; 12-13-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by XBS
I have the agree with Mike, the way the UTEC controls the fuel and timing is much SAFER than the EU. Both units can be tuned to make good power, but the UTEC is the safer choice incase anything unexpected happens ( i.e. stock ECU changes maps, accidentally leaving your ignition on with the EU will burn the coils, and other thing )

Also another thing, to have a good constant tune with the EU you SHOULD reflash your stock ECU with what some call a "stabilizer flash". If you go this route the cost of the EU vs. the UTEC would be the same or more. Hope this helps. Again just my look on things.

-George
What is a "stabilizer flash"? Who can do this sort of flash?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

elite: what year and trim is your car?

Quick Reply: E-Manage Ultimate OR UTEC For T-Netics ST???