Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics kit, BLOWN motor, i just dont have luck with this car

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
350zbiturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics kit, BLOWN motor, i just dont have luck with this car

well guys, its me again, the guy with the lemans sunset z who blew his motor N/a and got it covered under warranty, well i was at japtrix today and we did a compression test and the number 4 cylnder failed, the tune on the turbonetics flash wasnt good enough and i regret trusting it, I put my catback on and my car i guess started running lean, so w/e im gonna have alot of parts for sale including the kit after xmas, if anyone is interested in anythin on my sig pm me.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you do a dyno run when you installed it or have an A/F gauge? What was your A/F?

I'd only believe it is good when I can see it, even then I don't believe in the one size fits all approach that flashes have

sorry to hear about your luck though, that sucks man
Old 12-16-2005, 02:40 PM
350zbiturbo

gus was their so he'll probs tap in with a little more knowledge but when my car left japtrix from what i remember my car was running an a/f of 10 8 and i put on my catback after and since that problems problems problems, car spiking, so w/e i officially say that whoever gets this kit dont trust it, get something to tune , take it from my experience i literally had the kit on for only bout 2000 miles
Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 PM
sentry65
the burninator

i have a feeling we're going to eventually start seeing more TN problems show up in the next few months since there's been a LOT of people who have recently installed them in the last 4-5 months or so
Old 12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
k3silk

MIAPLAYA where are you at i was sure you would be the first one to reply to this thread?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
xluv2eatx

calm down bro, its only been 25 minutes...sorry about your z...
sentry65
the burninator

hehe actually I wouldn't be suprized if MIAPLAYA tries to say it's a hoax given how much on top of everything TN he is - JK!!! was a joke! just pulling your chain a little MIA We all love ya man

Last edited by sentry65; 12-16-2005 at 02:56 PM.
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry about the bad news.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
350zbiturbo

just throwing out my opinion, the quality of the kit and stuff are amazing, i really love it but i just think that the need to charge a little more and get a piggyback or something on there, or a big warning sign that says do not run with jus flash lol, w/e wat bothers me the most is I gaurantee if i was to call turbonetics to complain i would get yes yes, ok well have a nice day, so im not gonna even bother.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
k3silk

lol it was a joke sucks about the blown motor take the turbo off and see if you can get it under warr, like you did before may work then sell that bad boy.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:59 PM
blk180sx

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
just throwing out my opinion, the quality of the kit and stuff are amazing, i really love it but i just think that the need to charge a little more and get a piggyback or something on there, or a big warning sign that says do not run with jus flash lol, w/e wat bothers me the most is I gaurantee if i was to call turbonetics to complain i would get yes yes, ok well have a nice day, so im not gonna even bother.
Please call me when you get a chance. I'll be in the office at Monday 7am pst 805-581-6710

Ps. MIA isnt at work today. So he hasnt had access to a cpu.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:02 PM
xluv2eatx

^^^^ if your gonna give him something free, i want in, i got a turbonetics kit too....
Old 12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
350zbiturbo

ill call you on monday but i know turbonetics isnt gonna do a thing for me, b/c i doubt theyre gonna pay the bill to get the piston replaced, and by the way japtrix is awesome, they were working on other cars and as soon as i got their roger stopped everything to help me, he threw my car on the dyno right away and started testing everything lol, thats when he did the compression test also.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Yes I was there today for the bad news, unfortunatley this seems to be another case of the kit not being able to handle changing the exhaust and was probably having the same issues reported by Jetpilot here but unfortunately not caught in time. The plugs looked like they had been running lean and as mentioned the compresison on number 4 was low around 110 while all others were around 200.

I think it just continues to reinforce that a reflash just doesn't cut it and maybe as jetpilot is finding out the wastegate doesn either.

When the car left the shop it was on the rich side but as mentioned the exhaust was changed afterwards and he started experiencing the hesitation at around 4k which was probably due to the boost spikes and the MAF not being able to handle it.

Definelty not the kit to just plug and play and not worry about it.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
ill call you on monday but i know turbonetics isnt gonna do a thing for me, b/c i doubt theyre gonna pay the bill to get the piston replaced, and by the way japtrix is awesome, they were working on other cars and as soon as i got their roger stopped everything to help me, he threw my car on the dyno right away and started testing everything lol, thats when he did the compression test also.
Well if you talk like that I wouldn't do anything for you either Turbonetics isn't having you call them to chat about the weather. I'm sorry about the piston but jeez at least call the guy and don't tell him or make him not feel like helping you before he even has a chance to tell you what he's thinking. It wouldn't be the first time Turbonetics bailed someone out when there was an issue. Give them a chance.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

That sucks, i think ever engine management that comes with these kits suck (emanage, unichip, S.S..ect). First FI mod i did was a new engine management. Really sorry to hear about that, 2 motors??? your Z is cursed, sell it get a different one
Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
JisNis

I wonder what TN is going to do for you. Tell us how the conversation goes.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
captj3

Now they're going to offer a piggy back and bigger injectors. Look at the post above a little to late. I'm really sorry about your car as I said to you earlier at japtrix.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by captj3
Now they're going to offer a piggy back and bigger injectors. Look at the post above a little to late. I'm really sorry about your car as I said to you earlier at japtrix.
Hey how bout you stop being such an @ss till he talks to them. Unlike APS Turbonetics does happen to help their customers even with things like oh I don't know upper oil pans, new ECUs, etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:25 PM
tekk

Originally Posted by westpak
Definelty not the kit to just plug and play and not worry about it.
i'm still a noob so please correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that there are no records of unmodified cars w/ properly installed turbonetics st kit experiencing engine failures.

people are only really having problems when they begin modifying their cars (however minor the mod(s) may be)

Quick Reply: Turbonetics kit, BLOWN motor, i just dont have luck with this car