Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jim Wolf TT - DYNO RESULTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:03 PM
vision619

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maximZ
Nice, nice car.
Thanks for the compliments on my car everyone. I figured I had the nicest of everything else so I may as well cap it with the best "go go" (IMO) obviously cause it's the kit I have! LOL No for real, I have never seen a Turbo Kit with no lag and 300lbs of torque at 2,000rpm. i LOVE the torque curve. The damn thing just keeps pulling and pulling. Shift at 5,400 and it put's me right back in to peak torque. I LOVE IT!!!!! Just burned down my first Corvette Z06 today on the freeway!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 PM
ActionJackson

Congrats mike, I still remember the car at the san diego meet with the SC heh, sweet looking ride then. Are you coming up for the Jtuned meet @ Irwindale speedway tomorrow?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:09 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I think (Jeff) Zland from SportZ mag. has the pending MSRP on this kit, so maybe he will coment on this................

We do not have a price on just the kit, as we can not sell this kit to the public "uninstalled" and "un-tuned". .....Yet............
Straight from the summer 05 issue of Sport Z mag. & directly from Jim Wolf, MSRP was listed as $6895.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
Congrats mike, I still remember the car at the san diego meet with the SC heh, sweet looking ride then. Are you coming up for the Jtuned meet @ Irwindale speedway tomorrow?
Yeap. I will be at that show tomorrow. See you there!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:57 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by zland
Straight from the summer 05 issue of Sport Z mag. & directly from Jim Wolf, MSRP was listed as $6895.

Thanks for stating the facts.

Michael
Old 01-13-2006, 09:02 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Thanks for stating the facts.

Michael
No problem Michael, that was the goal of the article; 6 manufactures kits tested on one dyno on the same day, driving impressions, and specs on the kits listed. If time permitted, I would have loved to have done a 1/4 mile too....that would have been interesting and fun.

Jeff - zland
Old 01-13-2006, 09:03 PM
vision619

No problem Michael, that was the goal of the article; 6 manufactures kits tested on one dyno on the same day, driving impressions, and specs on the kits listed. If time permitted, I would have loved to have done a 1/4 mile too....that would have been interesting and fun.

Jeff - zland
Jeff, will you be in Irwindale tomorrow?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:19 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Jeff - zland
Perhaps in the near future we can do the same kind of test, Dyno, track Day at Willow or Cal Speedway, 1/4 mile, and more on two levels, built and non-built. This could be really interesting.

Warmly,

Michael
Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by vision619
Jeff, will you be in Irwindale tomorrow?
I would like to say yes but I got the flu and it has got me under the weather. Chances are, I am not going to be there....
Old 01-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Bullitproof

just to clear the air chimmike, an exhaust is a supporting mod, adding cams will be 1200 for the sticks and at least 750 for labor. i'm not knocking visions numbers on the jwt kit, i'm saying that don't be dissilusioned into thinking you are gonna get 400 hp out the box with the jwt tt kit and be carb legal. especially at under 7 lbs. of boost. tuning, quality exhaust, cams, all play a factor in those numbers. not hating on the kit, just the way its being marketed. when i can see some examples of other shops installing the kits, with comparable numbers, i'll be a believer. but right now there is one shop in the world installing this kit and the one stock internal car that is out there is cammed up. and if cams only give you 15 hp, why waste over 2000 bucks for them?(jwt cams retail at 1200 dollars) why not just up the boost another pound? just my two cents.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:32 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
just to clear the air chimmike, an exhaust is a supporting mod, adding cams will be 1200 for the sticks and at least 750 for labor. i'm not knocking visions numbers on the jwt kit, i'm saying that don't be dissilusioned into thinking you are gonna get 400 hp out the box with the jwt tt kit and be carb legal. especially at under 7 lbs. of boost. tuning, quality exhaust, cams, all play a factor in those numbers. not hating on the kit, just the way its being marketed. when i can see some examples of other shops installing the kits, with comparable numbers, i'll be a believer. but right now there is one shop in the world installing this kit and the one stock internal car that is out there is cammed up. and if cams only give you 15 hp, why waste over 2000 bucks for them?(jwt cams retail at 1200 dollars) why not just up the boost another pound? just my two cents.
I just said it like it is. I know It's always hard to believe something that doesn't seem realistic but I promise you that there is no big secret hidden agenda. I would invite ANYONE to buy a Cat Back Nismo Exhaust and tell me you got a HP increase. No way. As far as why Cams cost so much, I don't know as I don't sell them. Maybe the increase from the Cams is more than 15 maybe it's less ... I dunno. But it's not going to make or break my Dyno numbers. I believe the JWT car "Sport Z Magazine" tested was producing around the same numbers as my car and it was completely stock. As far as tuning, there has been ABSOLUTELY no modifications to the program that this kit is shipped with.

That's just how it is. I don't want to sound like I'm marketing the kit or any companies providing it, so I'll leave it at that and say just one more time ... That's just how it is.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:50 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Perhaps in the near future we can do the same kind of test, Dyno, track Day at Willow or Cal Speedway, 1/4 mile, and more on two levels, built and non-built. This could be really interesting.

Warmly,

Michael
That would be really interesting and informative to many as well. The logistics might be an issue. Got ideas?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:30 AM
plumpzz

I do believecams are good for 40+ rwhp on a turbo car. However, the best part is NOT from the peak HP gain, but the ability for the new cams to help the engine sustain power after 5000 RPM. On a non-cammed car, the engine falls flat on its face (seriously dropping 75-150 trq on a built TTcar). The cammed car continues to gain HP and keep trq flatter.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by vision619
I just said it like it is. I know It's always hard to believe something that doesn't seem realistic but I promise you that there is no big secret hidden agenda. I would invite ANYONE to buy a Cat Back Nismo Exhaust and tell me you got a HP increase. No way. As far as why Cams cost so much, I don't know as I don't sell them. Maybe the increase from the Cams is more than 15 maybe it's less ... I dunno. But it's not going to make or break my Dyno numbers. I believe the JWT car "Sport Z Magazine" tested was producing around the same numbers as my car and it was completely stock. As far as tuning, there has been ABSOLUTELY no modifications to the program that this kit is shipped with.

That's just how it is. I don't want to sound like I'm marketing the kit or any companies providing it, so I'll leave it at that and say just one more time ... That's just how it is.
My shop installed a TN kit with bone stock everything and it made 320whp on a Mustang MD Dyno... After a Nismo Exhaust it made 343whp... The dyno pulls were 1 hour apart...
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by 1G-350Z
My shop installed a TN kit with bone stock everything and it made 320whp on a Mustang MD Dyno... After a Nismo Exhaust it made 343whp... The dyno pulls were 1 hour apart...
I believe it. Could be the car had time to cool off while you were installing the exhaust. I've seen 60HP differences just because of engine temp. But then again your talking about a Mustang Dyno and I don't know anything about those so I wouldn't want to pretend I do.

What I do know is that I dyno'd my car, went and installed the Exhaust, went right back to the Dyno and it was the same (give or take 1-5 HP). Car sounds cool though . I'm excited to get straight through dual exhaust!!! Now THAT should give me a HP increase. I'm thinking HKS. Also glazed test pipes to replace the cats. We'll see what happens!! I will AGAIN do a baseline before install and a run after install.

Last edited by vision619; 01-14-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:27 PM
mraturbo
Banned

That would be really interesting and informative to many as well. The logistics might be an issue. Got ideas?
Perhaps we can put some minds together, Tim@SFR, Greg and Mia with TN kit, Cheston with Power Enterprises, Alpine with APS. There are plenty of locals around with Greddy that is for sure.

They are all in Southern Cali and I am sure we can get some players to participate and set a time, place, and accurate testing ground with a "PRODUCTIVE AND EDUCATIONAL AGENDA." We at VRT would love this kind of event if it is truely moderated by a respected publication or two.

All cars being street drivers, maybe just a tire change at the track. Would be a blast. Please PM me and we can discuss. After our discussion, we can call Tim, Greg V, Cheston, and Alpine if we come up with something interesting.

Warmly,

Michael

Last edited by mraturbo; 01-14-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, forget about peak power output, and whether the cams resulting in a power increase. Waaaay too many variabled involved, and you guys will type your fingers numb trying to debate this.

The important take-away here is that TRQ CURVE! Holy smokes, this must be an incredibly usable and fun car to drive.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:22 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Guys, forget about peak power output, and whether the cams resulting in a power increase. Waaaay too many variabled involved, and you guys will type your fingers numb trying to debate this.

The important take-away here is that TRQ CURVE! Holy smokes, this must be an incredibly usable and fun car to drive.
You wouldn't believe it brotha! Like I said before, it just pulls and pulls and pulls. I can't wait to turn up the boost!!! I'll save that for the track and 110 Octane. No need for anymore power than this on the street. Just unusable.

I agree with you Sharif. There are just too many variables. Either way, It's all about the curve. It's all about 300lbs at 2,000 RPM!!!!!! Insane!!! I'm picking off Vette's (yes Z06's), Mustangs and Porches left and right like it's nothing. I can't wait to get to the track. I have a date with a Viper that's been ppulling me on the front straight for a year!!! I'm tired of reeling him in in the twisties, only to have his *** put 5-10 car links on me in the straight. IT'S MY TURN!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 06:31 PM
plumpzz

usually its a straight front not a frunt straight

Good ish mike
Old 01-14-2006, 08:01 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Sharif,

Looking for some unique Arias Pistons for a high horsepower car we are building in the next few weeks.

I sent you an email.

Warmly,

Michael

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf TT - DYNO RESULTS!!!