Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jim Wolf TT - DYNO RESULTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Very interesting. I noticed they are used a single MAF inlet (suck through) style so the MAF sits before the turbo inlet. This is a proper setup for an OEM FI car, and thats great!

With this setup, its unlikely you will max out your MAF sensor, which means you can do some really safe tuning via MAF vs. using a pressure sensor. I am looking forward to seeing these kits up close and personal.
Thanks Sharif,

Looking forward to you driving one as well.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:51 PM
vision619

Hey, I'll be at this meet this weekend. Would be cool to see anyone from Southern CA there.

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/162062-my-1st-official-sports-car-meet-of-06-saturday-jan-21st-2006-10am.html
Old 01-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nissansource
oh i totally understand guys just doesnt make sense when ive done this stuff b4 with Jim and Clark at myside i havnt spoken to them about the kit lately but yes i do belive you guys just it doesnt make sense to me if im near max capacity on my TN ST kit at 4.9vlts i understand its a different setup but oh well things that make me go Hmmm?? i think they are maf clamping with the SS
When you blow compressed air from a turbo through a single MAF, you are measuring a much larger mass air, when compared to sucking atmo (uncompressed air).

When you blow compressed air through the stock VQ35 MAF we are good for 300-320whp before maxing out. I would expect that the by placing the MAF prior to the turbo inlets, you can easily get 400whp worth of resolution and probably more. This is the reason your TN, APS, Greddy turbo car maxes out the MAF sensor pretty quickly. Most modern OEM cars use the same setup, in placing the MAF at the turbo inlet. I imagine the SS box is still clamping voltage on this application, but I havent had my hands on it yet to confirm anything.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 01-16-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:32 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
When you blow compressed air from a turbo through a single MAF, you are measuring a much larger mass air, when compared to sucking atmo (uncompressed air).

When you blow compressed air through the stock VQ35 MAF we are good for 300-320whp before maxing out. I would expect that the by placing the MAF prior to the turbo inlets, you can easily get 400whp worth of resolution and probably more. This is the reason your TN, APS, Greddy turbo car maxes out the MAF sensor pretty quickly. Most modern OEM cars use the same setup, in placing the MAF at the turbo inlet. I imagine the SS box is still clamping voltage on this application, but I havent had my hands on it yet to confirm anything.
You need to get your hands on one of the kits so you can give us your impressions afterwards....
Old 01-16-2006, 08:38 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by zland
You need to get your hands on one of the kits so you can give us your impressions afterwards....
Agreed.

Always enjoy your opinions. Besides, having a personal car with 600WHP+ that you Built and Tuned speaks loads to me. Getting any car over 500+ at the wheels is a tremendous and respectable accomplishment.
IF IT IS RELIABLE....and Streetable - Real Sh.....

Old 01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Bullitproof

there's a thread on one of the other boards of a non-vrt jwt tt 350z. bone stock 350whp at 6.8 psi. it was installed by vinny ten on the east coast. these numbers seem comparable to all the other kits out there. no exhaust or anything.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:07 PM
alpine

I just wanted to get into this thread before it was too late.

I've been derailed from most of my personal interests due to some family matters, but enough of that.

The kit/car looks great.

Good Numbers all the way around.

Fortunately we had Shariff for the excellent naration and sounding board as this topic matured.

I am still hoping to check this car out, and get together with VRT as well.

the Torque is really nice!

Have you had a chance to Road Course your car yet? 1/4 or 1/8?

See ya
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by alpine

I've been derailed from most of my personal interests due to some family matters, but enough of that.

The kit/car looks great.

Fortunately we had Shariff for the excellent naration and sounding board as this topic matured.

See ya

Hows it going Alpine....... and Thanks.
We were at Calif. Spedwy. for a track day and we will be at Laguna Seca this Tuesday with a few cars. You have PM.......

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 03-17-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by alpine

The kit/car looks great.

See ya
What Up ALPINE????

Hope you and your family are well. Laguna Seca Tuesday and Big Willow with SERCA on March 31, 2006...

M
Old 03-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Cyp

wow!! This kit sounds nice. How reliable is it for a daily driver? Will it continue to take 91 pump gas? What gas mileage does it average around town? Ok the gas mileage question may be silly, but I'm not out to race anyone. I want that extra punch but yet have it as reliable as a stock car. Is it carb legal for CA? Thank you for any feedback