Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HKS Twin Turbo Kit and Apexi Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Pwr
We havent firsthand installed one on an automatic, but I heard of a few done by owners/installers. There might be some modifcations that need to be done due to items such as an AT cooler/lines that run in the same path as parts for the SC kit.....but I have heard of them being done. I do know that on early model G35 sedans the SC kit would not work due to the radiator fan design. The early models used a clutch fan that was driven off the motor/pulley assembly...where as the newer ones (post 6spd manual release) used an electric fan set up like how the Z and the G35c do.

If I can a chance to do some research with some dealers, I can see if they personally installed a kit on an AT.
what is the price for this? You can use my car to test out...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 AM
kurisuchan

any pictures of the apexi turbo kit?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by dank311
Will PWR - Do these HKS single and TT kits have much production left before being released, or are the in their final production stages?

Im just trying to get an idea if they will be released in the next few months, or is it going to be more like a year for it to hit the US? I am getting closer and closer to buying a turbo setup for my Z, and I was wondering if either of these kits will be worth waiting it out.
Well, they are not in thier final production stages, but they are not in the early stages either. Basically, I dont forsee them in the next few months, but I dont see it being like a year or so. There still needs to be physically testing, tuning and so forth for US spec / LHD vehicles. I wish I could offer more info, but thats all for now..

PS....I personally think the kits will be worth the wait...there are a few things about the kit that I think are nice additions over some of the current kits available.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by Bubble
what is the price for this? You can use my car to test out...
Price = TBD

Test Car = sorry space has been taken
Old 01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
PumpedVA

Will quick question. I have the HKS SC now any word on a pully for this kit?? Because I am looking to upgrade my intercooler and add a pully. I am also runing the v pro so I am guessing it would be a great combo for this new TT kit? but can I still keep my plenum headers test pips ect?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Will quick question. I have the HKS SC now any word on a pully for this kit?? Because I am looking to upgrade my intercooler and add a pully. I am also runing the v pro so I am guessing it would be a great combo for this new TT kit? but can I still keep my plenum headers test pips ect?
No update about a new pulley offering by HKS. But you might talk to an HKS prodealer that has experience with the HKS SC and see how he may be able to assist you with your upgrade project.

The vpro will be a great combo for any FI kit to be honest

with the TT kit, you will not be able to reuse the headers, since it comes with new turbo exhaust manifolds. as for the plenum and test pipes, phyically you can...but as the kit will be programmed it will be with stock intake manifold and such. This is not to say that you can not reuse your parts..but you may and probably will need to have the tuning redone to accommodate for the increased intake and exhaust flow from those two components.

Hope that helps...

Will
Old 02-01-2006, 07:10 AM
manny007

Please do keep us in form Will with any updates or ( suttle hints )
Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Zexy

So what tuning instruments will the single kit bring?

Is it possible for bigger turbo upgrades options in the future with the kit like Tnetics promises?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:36 AM
brewster

Will

I do live near Calgary & Reg wants to fix my car. I would love to be have my G35 be the first in Canada with a twin turbo (HKS test car! hint hint). If the TT is a long ways from being put out, it will be the rotrex. Reg would be able to set the car up nice if he could get the parts. My car collects dust while I'm in Afganistan for another month.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by brewster
Will

I do live near Calgary & Reg wants to fix my car. I would love to be have my G35 be the first in Canada with a twin turbo (HKS test car! hint hint). If the TT is a long ways from being put out, it will be the rotrex. Reg would be able to set the car up nice if he could get the parts. My car collects dust while I'm in Afganistan for another month.
Reg is a good guy and knows his stuff.....The TT kit isnt close to coming out...I will tell you that....plus currently its specifically for a 350z...not saying it wont work without modification or what not, but you get what Im trying to say...

None the less, just keep talking to Reg when you can, and go from there...Ill help with what I can too.

Good luck!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

As for the SC kit for the G35c, we are doing long term testing on our inhouse car.
Check out this HKS Supercharged G35c!

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/customers/c-scott-g35/

Old 02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is it confirmed that the EMS will be FCON?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

PS....I personally think the kits will be worth the wait...there are a few things about the kit that I think are nice additions over some of the current kits available.
My .02

The HKS kits will be worth the wait. Although the HKS Supercharger kits for the Z & G do not put out as much peak horsepower as other Supercharger kits, their torque / powerband is more usable which makes the Z more fun to drive. We've also had the least problems with their SC kits vs. the others.

It should also be noted that our experience with HKS and their products are second to none. Everything is over-engineered (they do extensive testing & re-testing before releasing new products), reliable, performs as claimed, and they give their dealers more support than any other manufacturer we've dealt with over the past eight years.

I cannot wait to see HKS's new turbo kits, ignition components, engine parts, and more that will be coming down the pipeline over the next year!

Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
Check out this HKS Supercharged G35c!

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/customers/c-scott-g35/

That looks awesome Mike! Great job!
Old 02-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
ignition components
That twin power dli II is around the corner.....
Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Zilvia

any new updates Will
Old 02-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by Zilvia
any new updates Will
nothing at the moment.....
Old 02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
brewster

Reg is a good guy and knows his stuff.....The TT kit isnt close to coming out...I will tell you that....plus currently its specifically for a 350z...not saying it wont work without modification or what not, but you get what Im trying to say...

None the less, just keep talking to Reg when you can, and go from there...Ill help with what I can too.

Good luck!
Thanks Will

Not sure if Reg will want to fabricate something to fit the Rotrex unit on my car as he's fairly particular & patient about waiting for the RIGHT HKS parts. Do you know if the G kit will have the pulley upgrade? I think my twin turbo dreams are over for the G.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:32 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
HKS is a pretty good company. I'd go as far as to say its the best non-super-expensie JDM (think amuse and endless) company outside of the Z. Its odd they havn't penetrated the Z market other than the intakes and exhaust they produce. The exhaust, as you can see, is damn good. Imagine a turbo kit from them?
I don't know if everyone realizes HKS has been around for almost 20 YEARS!!! When the 300ZX TT was king HKS was there providing 600 HP kits. Since the demise of the 300ZX and later the TT Supra, RX7 etc it seems they had a low profile, however the quality of their products are top rate. Their new kit should be a killer!! Just my
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by z350boy
I don't know if everyone realizes HKS has been around for almost 20 YEARS!!! When the 300ZX TT was king HKS was there providing 600 HP kits. Since the demise of the 300ZX and later the TT Supra, RX7 etc it seems they had a low profile, however the quality of their products are top rate. Their new kit should be a killer!! Just my
... actually its over 30 years in Japan and over 20 years for the US

Quick Reply: HKS Twin Turbo Kit and Apexi Turbo Kit