Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well here are a few pictures of the new Corbeau FX1 Pro seat installed as well as the Defi Link Meter Control Unit that I have mounted where the radio was. Eventually when I mount the Defi boost, egt, and oil temp gauges, they will all hook up to the control unit allowing me to record and play back data after track sessions.

Videos are coming soon. I was going to edit them at work today, but my computer here cannot read mini DVDs so I will have to wait until tonight when I get home. Sorry for the wait.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:39 AM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the car, looks like it will be a fun track car. I dont think im going to take mine up to that level but damn looks like a fun cart
Old 02-01-2006, 10:21 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

If you're doing all of this work, why didn't you just go all out with more and better stuff?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

ANOTHER NEW SPONSOR!!!

Again, I am very excited to announce another sponsor for Project Double Down! The new sponsor is SVRTechnologies which is a new company that will be making some exciting new products for the 350Z! To start with, my 350Z will be getting their new stainless 3” dual exhaust! This exhaust is awesome! It is a turbo back design with an X pipe in the middle. The system utilizes AeroTurbine mufflers as well which are high quality. My favorite part of this new exhaust, aside from being 3”, is that it already comes with two extra O2 sensor bungs, one of which I will use for my AEM wideband gauge! The exhaust should be installed by the Performance Nissan Meet on February 25 and then from there, it goes back to Jim Wolf for re-tuning to accommodate the new exhaust.

I am excited to see what power gains this system will yield for as well as what it will do for the power and torque curve. It should be exciting and I will post here in this thread when completed.

Here are some pictures of the exhaust system on the owner’s 350Z…

You can visit their website, which is currently under construction, at www.svrtechnologies.com
Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS
If you're doing all of this work, why didn't you just go all out with more and better stuff?
And what would you suggest I do differently?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
nissansource

First thing that comes to mind is cash flow man this stuff gets pricey
Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

The AEBS Stroker Kit, Cryo Treat your parts, the new Speed Force Racing Intake Manifold with Twin TB's, Twin T-3/T4 60-1 hi-fi turbochargers, Thermal Coating and Anti Friction Coating, Motec ECU, Tilton or Exedy Triple plate system.

Everything you've done so far is great!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
tig488

so.....i take it this isnt your daily driver,

looks like its gonna be a monster on the track, what tires are you running?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
nissansource

The AEBS Stroker Kit, Cryo Treat your parts, the new Speed Force Racing Intake Manifold with Twin TB's, Twin T-3/T4 60-1 hi-fi turbochargers, Thermal Coating and Anti Friction Coating, Motec ECU, Tilton or Exedy Triple plate system.

Everything you've done so far is great!

Umm.... he already has more then enough power at his finger tips. this car isnt a drag race car but can with some boost its already in 11-10 sec land without much
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Umm.... he could have more, since he's doing whatever he's doing, why not do it bigger? Yeah, this sure does look like a race car to me, gutted inside, all out performance parts, well almost, and he has his IS300 daily driver, so sure does look like to me he's turing it into a race car of some sorts.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:58 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

AFitchTLS - Thank you for your suggestions. I am now regreting not thermal coating my stuff, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. As far as the power mods, I have more than enough power for what I am doing with it. It won't see much 1/4 mile action, but it will see alot of track time at the road courses. This is also why I didn't get bigger turbos. I need my power band to start as low as it can so I don't fall out of boost while going through the turns. If I were building a drag car, I would have gone with all of the things you suggested, but in my opinion, they are not necessary for my application.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
AFitchTLS - Thank you for your suggestions. I am now regreting not thermal coating my stuff, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. As far as the power mods, I have more than enough power for what I am doing with it. It won't see much 1/4 mile action, but it will see alot of track time at the road courses. This is also why I didn't get bigger turbos. I need my power band to start as low as it can so I don't fall out of boost while going through the turns. If I were building a drag car, I would have gone with all of the things you suggested, but in my opinion, they are not necessary for my application.
MB,

When we have your car for a week, perhaps we can coat then. We can talk over the phone and see if it makes sense. Never to late since we will be retuning with the new 3 Inch exhaust...

Sweet. More Power More Power and More Power....

Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
mr2fasterthanyo

it says you are only 22 on your web site.. what the hell do you do for a living if i may ask???

as for afitch, some people don't go for the highest hp possible.. some of us prefer racing that requires some type of talent.... and in that kind of racing, a quick spooling turbo is much better than one that gets more peak HP, but has no low end and lots of lag
Old 02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Hey Michael! I will talk to you about coating everything later. That may get a little pricey though with taking off all of the turbo piping and the coating.

mr2fasterthanyo - Yes I am 22 years old. I am a commercial real estate agent.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
alex12

Jealousy...rising....further...
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Well that's why you have boost controllers and other electrical parts and settings. He could have all of that power if wanted maxed out or just have it set for practical situations. I'm not saying go for the gold and be the one who has the highest Hp. I understand about getting the settings right and the turbo lag situations for when you're tracking as per your application you race in. Still a great job with what you're doing so far.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Umm.... he could have more, since he's doing whatever he's doing, why not do it bigger? Yeah, this sure does look like a race car to me, gutted inside, all out performance parts, well almost, and he has his IS300 daily driver, so sure does look like to me he's turing it into a race car of some sorts.
Don't know about that J.

Have you ever driven 550+ FT/LB or torque. It is all good.

What up MB...

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 02-02-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
mr2fasterthanyo

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Hey Michael! I will talk to you about coating everything later. That may get a little pricey though with taking off all of the turbo piping and the coating.

mr2fasterthanyo - Yes I am 22 years old. I am a commercial real estate agent.

damn, can you be my sugar daddy? haha i spent all my money on my old cars... this engineering doesn't pay enough to afford a new toy...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM
mraturbo
Banned

+1
Old 02-02-2006, 07:38 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Hahaha I am no ones sugar daddy lol. I spend way too much on my own cars.

Quick Reply: Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)