Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:43 PM
jdg345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Griot's Garage, www.griotsgarage.com. They have a bunch of cool stuff.
Thank you!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by overZealous1
me personally, that banks tt on the small block is sick!!!! turbos sitting high over the front of the valve covers. uber amounts of power!!! 800-1300hp if done right
Yeah that engine is amazing, but the only thing hanging me up about it is that its not very muscle car...ish.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:05 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Yeah that engine is amazing, but the only thing hanging me up about it is that its not very muscle car...ish.
Yeah. May look huge on the dyno, but what yah going to do with that power?

M
Old 02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Yeah. May look huge on the dyno, but what yah going to do with that power?

M
scare the crap out of myself, hahhaaa.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Sam405

haha seriously .........
Old 02-13-2006, 12:38 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Here is a link to a little photo shoot I did the other day...

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/171175-project-double-down-photo-shoot.html
Old 02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

damn. looks so good.
skeet skeet skeet.

+1 on the hatch idea... might as well!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:08 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Chebosto
damn. looks so good.
skeet skeet skeet.

Thanks Cheston!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto
damn. looks so good.
skeet skeet skeet.

What up? When you coming to Dago and look me up....

M
Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
knight_white99

Wow, Mike. I just went through your two threads. 600+ ft-lbs of torque!!!!!
I have driven some mighty fast cars, but yours is going to be a rocket and a handful with all that power. You've done lots of awesome mods - I'm supremely jealous!!! I have never driven anything with those kinds of HP/TQ numbers.

Can't wait to get a ride in it at Fontana! I'll try to stay out of the way when your on the track! You should certainly have a competitive ride in either the Modified or Unlimited classes!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by knight_white99
Wow, Mike. I just went through your two threads. 600+ ft-lbs of torque!!!!!
I have driven some mighty fast cars, but yours is going to be a rocket and a handful with all that power. You've done lots of awesome mods - I'm supremely jealous!!! I have never driven anything with those kinds of HP/TQ numbers.

Can't wait to get a ride in it at Fontana! I'll try to stay out of the way when your on the track! You should certainly have a competitive ride in either the Modified or Unlimited classes!
Thanks! I don't know if you are going to want a ride in Fontana lol. It will be the first track event since getting my car back. I will put a "ride at your own risk" sign on the passenger door lol. See you there!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
knight_white99

Thanks! I don't know if you are going to want a ride in Fontana lol. It will be the first track event since getting my car back. I will put a "ride at your own risk" sign on the passenger door lol. See you there!
Well, Fontana is a new track for me too. I figure I'll let you get some things sorted out before I give you any extra dead weight as a passenger. Maybe I'll ride in the morning on Sunday after you get used to the track and the car. Although maybe you'll need some dead weight to slow that car down! LOL...

Luckily, I had a track day just about a week ago to try out all my new go fast goodies - cams, headers, test pipes, pulley, hd clutch, flywheel, custom TS ECU tune and some new suspension springs. I was VERY happy with my mods - gained 7mph at the end of the front straight at FIR, plus the car hooked up great out of the corners. Also got a partial sponsorship from Rotora for some rear brakes and a rear carbon fiber wing. Can't wait for Fontana! The car should be much more competitive than at Spring Mountain.

See you there!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by knight_white99
Well, Fontana is a new track for me too. I figure I'll let you get some things sorted out before I give you any extra dead weight as a passenger. Maybe I'll ride in the morning on Sunday after you get used to the track and the car. Although maybe you'll need some dead weight to slow that car down! LOL...

Luckily, I had a track day just about a week ago to try out all my new go fast goodies - cams, headers, test pipes, pulley, hd clutch, flywheel, custom TS ECU tune and some new suspension springs. I was VERY happy with my mods - gained 7mph at the end of the front straight at FIR, plus the car hooked up great out of the corners. Also got a partial sponsorship from Rotora for some rear brakes and a rear carbon fiber wing. Can't wait for Fontana! The car should be much more competitive than at Spring Mountain.

See you there!
Congrats on the sponsorship! You already have Rotora front brakes I take it? Thats a nice list of mods you added as well! What class does that put you in now? If we were running the ROVAL my car would own all, but unfortunately the Time Attack will be on the infield course, which from the looks of it, won't showcase the true potential of my car. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike:
The infield course at Cal Speedway will be a very good test of your handling mods, and there are two straights that come off of relatively slow corners, so HYPER attention to those two corners and getting the best possible exit speeds there will give the best returns to that monster power and still give you some advantage over the lower hp competition.

Discipline in slowing down enough to perfectly nail the exits is going to be the toughest thing you face in all liklihood. Only in maximizing the exit speed on those turns will you get the translation into car lengths of space at the other end of the straight. There will be some good loading-unloading of springs technique with your braking on a couple of the turns as well.

If you ran the Roval you would just destroy most of the other people. I remember hanging in there with the VRT cars last year through the middle, and then when we got to the front straight....the black VRT modified G coupe just walked by me, and four other cars, like we were parked. I was going almost 150mph and it WALKED me! Totally sick. Be careful when you get the high hp space for unleashing that much force. Trouble comes fast and bites hard when it comes. And concrete walls don't bend when you kiss them. Work your way up to the speed and the limits slowly.

Have a great, safe time out there!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:50 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Thanks for the tips Ed! I plan on running all the practice laps I can on Saturday so I am as ready as I will ever be for Sunday. At the last Time Attack in Pahrump, the Time Attack cars could run in the advanced group as well as a seperate time attack group. So basically there is a possible 160 minutes of seat time on Saturday if they run 4 20 minute sessions for each run group and even more if the sessions are longer.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Eagle1

Unless you want to swap out new rotors and pads, you won't need that much time to get settled in for the course. Probably two, at most three sessions and you will be ok. It is totally flat. Surface condition is good.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Mike:
The infield course at Cal Speedway will be a very good test of your handling mods, and there are two straights that come off of relatively slow corners, so HYPER attention to those two corners and getting the best possible exit speeds there will give the best returns to that monster power and still give you some advantage over the lower hp competition.

Discipline in slowing down enough to perfectly nail the exits is going to be the toughest thing you face in all liklihood. Only in maximizing the exit speed on those turns will you get the translation into car lengths of space at the other end of the straight. There will be some good loading-unloading of springs technique with your braking on a couple of the turns as well.

If you ran the Roval you would just destroy most of the other people. I remember hanging in there with the VRT cars last year through the middle, and then when we got to the front straight....the black VRT modified G coupe just walked by me, and four other cars, like we were parked. I was going almost 150mph and it WALKED me! Totally sick. Be careful when you get the high hp space for unleashing that much force. Trouble comes fast and bites hard when it comes. And concrete walls don't bend when you kiss them. Work your way up to the speed and the limits slowly.

Have a great, safe time out there!
You are BOTH going to have your hands full.

LOL

It is going to be fun to watch. Safe Driving Racers....Eagle, your trailer is awesome.

M
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
knight_white99

Congrats on the sponsorship! You already have Rotora front brakes I take it? Thats a nice list of mods you added as well! What class does that put you in now? If we were running the ROVAL my car would own all, but unfortunately the Time Attack will be on the infield course, which from the looks of it, won't showcase the true potential of my car. We'll see how it goes.
I posted a reply to this earlier, but somehow, it didn't get displayed.

Actually, I have Stop Tech brakes in the front. I didn't really have a need or desire to change these, and Rotora didn't seem to mind just sponsoring the rears, so that was okay by me.

I am still in the Street RWD class. Under the new rules however, it would be better to be turboed or SC'd (that's legal now). Had I known this rule change wsa coming, I might be sporting a Stillen SC instead of cams and headers. I might still do this, but finances might delay this upgrade. I hope adding the Rotora carbon fiber GT wing doesn't bounce me into a higher class (or else I will take it off for the time attack).

You're right, your car would rule if we were running the ROVAL. I think the infield course will still be good for your car because of the long straights (though not as much as if we ran the ROVAL). As you said, "we'll see." Handling and driver skill will definitely be more important running the infield than the ROVAL.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Eagle1

Mraturbo:
I am so anxious to get my hands on the car I could scream. Scott has been a true gentleman, and all his work above and beyond the call of duty to pull the trailer together, the strut brace, etc. He is a real credit to the team.
Looking forward to seeing you both Friday and shaking out the kinks on the set up at the track.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Mraturbo:
I am so anxious to get my hands on the car I could scream. Scott has been a true gentleman, and all his work above and beyond the call of duty to pull the trailer together, the strut brace, etc. He is a real credit to the team.
Looking forward to seeing you both Friday and shaking out the kinks on the set up at the track.
Yep, Scott is a good one. Except he didn't tell me he needed my Escalade to pull the trailer until an hour ago.

Good Night.

Quick Reply: Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)