Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:05 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Hahaha I am no ones sugar daddy lol. I spend way too much on my own cars.
mike your exhaust is coming right along. most all testing is done. heres a clip.

http://www.mp-racing.net/scootr_sz.mov
Old 02-03-2006, 04:36 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally Posted by AFitchTLS
Well that's why you have boost controllers and other electrical parts and settings. He could have all of that power if wanted maxed out or just have it set for practical situations. I'm not saying go for the gold and be the one who has the highest Hp. I understand about getting the settings right and the turbo lag situations for when you're tracking as per your application you race in. Still a great job with what you're doing so far.
regardless of the electronics settings, a 60-1 will still lag a lot more than what he has. just bc he can turn the boost down does not make the turbo spool faster.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by overZealous1
mike your exhaust is coming right along. most all testing is done. heres a clip.

http://www.mp-racing.net/scootr_sz.mov
That sounds sooooooo nice! Too bad it was raining. I have never seen grass on the exit of a driveway before lol. Thanks for posting the clip. I can't wait for mine!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:37 AM
zillinois

And what would you suggest I do differently?
Mike, you handled this guy very well. He deserves worse.

Last edited by zillinois; 02-03-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by zillinois
Mike, you handled this guy very well. He deserves worse.
hahaha, for all I know he could have tought me something new. I am always open for suggestions.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:45 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha, for all I know he could have tought me something new. I am always open for suggestions.
Thumbs up for you buddy! You must count backwards
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...or do you use the "Serenity Now" bit?!
Old 02-03-2006, 09:44 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds sooooooo nice! Too bad it was raining. I have never seen grass on the exit of a driveway before lol. Thanks for posting the clip. I can't wait for mine!
Can't wait to put your baby back on the dyno with that new exhaust.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Zincognito

Your car is sweet!!!

G
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

WEEKEND UPDATE:

Well this weekend I got some work done on the Z. Not at all as much as I had hoped to get done but at least its a little closer to completion. I spent a good portion of my saturday grinding out the remaining sound deadener and the glue it left behind. After 5 hours of grinding and vaccuming out sound deadener I was finally done. I was left with one problem though, the wire wheel left a bunch of bare metal spots all over the place, so I decided to do a little painting. I painted the floorboard of the passenger side flat black. It looks really good, but I think when I get time, I will cover the inside with a thin carpet like they use on speaker boxes and add some skateboard grip tape to where the driver and passenger's feet go. The only other thing I got done over the weekend was mounting the AEM wideband gauge above the Defi Control Unit in the dash where the radio used to be. Pics will come soon, but that stuff isn't really exciting. The project is going slow right now, but most of the boring work is done so hopefully it will be getting exciting soon. Here is a short timeline of things to come...

February 11th - Another full day to work on the car.

February 25th - Performance Nissan Meet

February 26th through March 3rd - Car will be at VRT for the following...
- Post break in check up.
- Quaife LSD Install
- Re-tune with SVRTech 3" Dual Exhaust (if it gets here on time)

March 4th & 5th - Redline Track Events Time Attack @ California Speedway

I still cannot figure out how to get the video from the mini DVD to my computer so I apologise for that.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:38 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I worked on the car today and this is what I got done...

Interior floorboards and glove box "holes" are now painted flat black and I think it looks pretty good. I also made a piece that will go where the NAV compartment used to be and it will hold the Defi boost, EGT, and oil temp gauges. The flat black paint is drying on that, as well as the interior as we speak. Tomorrow, the seats, center console, and gauges will go in, however, the gauges will most likely not be installed until later.

By next Sunday I hope to have the Fire Bottle fire suppression system and Data Cam video datalogger installed, as well as the boost and oil temp gauges hooked up. The EGT gauge will wait until I get the new exhaust on as it will already have a bung welded for it. Then after that its on to the suspension tuning and a nice wash, wax, and detail for the Performance Nissan Meet!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:08 PM
overZealous1

hmmm, ya might get me down to nevada to hand deliver this exhaust mike! would be fun to go to that meet, well and the fact it's vegas!! just need to figure out how to strap it to my Z, lol. ya know, it just may fit in the car somehow someway unassembled. i give it more thought, lol.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
speedlimits

Originally Posted by mr2fasterthanyo
damn, can you be my sugar daddy? haha

haha. thats funny.

mike: i should hve find a sugar mommy back there in vegas. lol
Old 02-07-2006, 05:22 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by overZealous1
hmmm, ya might get me down to nevada to hand deliver this exhaust mike! would be fun to go to that meet, well and the fact it's vegas!! just need to figure out how to strap it to my Z, lol. ya know, it just may fit in the car somehow someway unassembled. i give it more thought, lol.
That would be sweet!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
mraturbo
Banned

You are too funny. What up MB...

M
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by mraturbo
You are too funny. What up MB...

M
Whats up! FYI since I haven't been able to call you back. The car is doing awesome. It hasn't been driven in a few days since I have been working on it, but I am driving it to a local meet tonight. Everything is running perfect other than that small oil leak. I have been checking the levels and it still hasn't leaked enough to have to add any oil so its not a big leak at all. Maybe a few drops a day. Still getting used to the power as well . Talk to you later!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Whats up! FYI since I haven't been able to call you back. The car is doing awesome. It hasn't been driven in a few days since I have been working on it, but I am driving it to a local meet tonight. Everything is running perfect other than that small oil leak. I have been checking the levels and it still hasn't leaked enough to have to add any oil so its not a big leak at all. Maybe a few drops a day. Still getting used to the power as well . Talk to you later!
Cool and glad to hear she is making good progress. Can't wait till the Fontana time trial. Is going to be sweet! We will turn her up to about 10.5-11 PSI making about 480 WHP and 500+ FT/LB torque and see if you can really drive??? If you want of course.

As for leak, that’s turbos heh? - A simple oil-line retighten will fix it. If it is not using, burning, or spilling enough to add after all of the miles and kick *** dynos, it is definitely NO BIG DEAL.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Cool and glad to hear she is making good progress. Can't wait till the Fontana time trial. Is going to be sweet! We will turn her up to about 10.5-11 PSI making about 480 WHP and 500+ FT/LB torque and see if you can really drive??? If you want of course.

As for leak, that’s turbos heh? - A simple oil-line retighten will fix it. If it is not using, burning, or spilling enough to add after all of the miles and kick *** dynos, it is definitely NO BIG DEAL.

isn't that the truth. no matter how well i sealed and tightened everything, it always seemed to leak a little here and there on the mr2's. fact of life i guess.

i am not that familiar with the Z, but does it have a PCV valve that originally tied into the intake? the mr2's had it and it went in to the intake right a head of the filter, we had to install a catch can... hell on any turbo application a catch can is a good idea.

congrats..
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Sam burned the mini DVD to a big DVD and it still doesn't work so I have concluded that my laptop is the problem. I am going to have to do this on someone elses computer. Hopefully it works on my girlfriend's. Sorry guys. I did shoot another video as well that is better than the first one. In the meantime, here are some pictures that I took at the gas station last night...

Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to love Vegas.....They use expensive Granite, Slate or some sort of rock flooring rather than plain O' concrete. .... Your tires must make some noice when turning.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 AM
overZealous1

ya the stamped and acid washed concrete finish is a nice touch. only in vegas!!

Quick Reply: Project Double Down: From Start to Finish (Part Two)