Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phunk
The new top will not look anything like that. That fabricated version was one part only... the new one is 2 parts and has a flange around the outside. On the fabed one, those 3 caps are how you get inside to put the hardware in or take it out.

the new top is more smoother and contoured and puts the throttle is precisely the stock location. If you prefer the fabbed one... it will most likely be for sale eventually.. but I would have to give you the low down on it first. its fully functional and ready for use, has been for months... just never actually tried it.

We will also be offering fully custom tops... so there is going to be a standard production version, and then we will make any changes for one offs for people... we are setup to be able to do this to meet anyones needs. So if you have your own custom specs you would like, let me know and we can build you one right now and ship it whenever.
So you are able to place the TB anywhere the customer wants it? lets say the front of the plenum?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
So you are able to place the TB anywhere the customer wants it? lets say the front of the plenum?
correct. even once the casting begins, we have the means to machine and fabricate however you need. for a custom top we would first CAD it and then you would approve the design and then we could fabricate it out of sheet metal. We would need you draw some sort of sketch to work from.

Keep in mind, its nearly impossible to come over the timing chain over without a custom hood.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Yeah it's WAY tight. Any possibility on dual TB's then? Just a random splruge of words but isn't possible for dual TB's on this plenum, and routing the piping in a manner such as the SFR Intake Manifold. I don't know the pro's and con's of a dual tb setup on a N/A car but love to see it none the less.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:49 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

i feel that dual throttle would be of benefit if you were running 2 small displacement plenums, both in harmony would create a great increase in throttle response and low end torque to compliment one another. For a max HP situation, dual throttles can be used in attempt to further balance individual cylinder tuning, however it is not always required. It depends on the level you are taking things.

In a very extreme application, it would be worth looking into, it depends heavily on the shape of the plenum and what not. We can build it however you wish... just keep in mind that the more complicated it gets, the higher the quotes are gonna get Not only that, but for us to make it use twin throttle bodies is the easy part... the hard part is on your end (Getting the twin DBW throttles to function correctly).
Old 02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thing will replace both the upper and lower half of the upper plenum correct?? I have the Vortech and would be willing to test this thing out on my setup for a little sum sum!! Given good gains and a reasonable price, comparable to the Kinetix SSV, I could definitely do this piece. It looks purely awesome! Nice work Charles!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is beautiful, cant wait to see some dyno #'s....good work Charles
Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Couldn't have done it without Brandon! (oorx7 on this forum)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep us update on the dyno info.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:38 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

I thought I might post some of my pics. I don't think charles has seen these yet.

My name is Brandon I am charles partner. I have been into manufacturing for about 12 years, mainly injection plastics. Our partnership is fairly recent, although I did work part time with him for a little over a year. During this time we developed the stage two fuel system. In the future we plan to incorperate plastics into our products, as this is my expertise. The first product we will be using this on is the twin pump assembly. Anyways that is my introduction, on with the intake manifold thread.
Attached Thumbnails LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-100_02131.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-100_02141.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-100_02191.jpg  

Last edited by oorx7; 02-09-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

sweet pics.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

nice pics brandon.

I cannot wait to see how badass this thing looks this weekend after we run the final finish programs to smooooooooooooth her all out.

BTW one of these days I need to borrow your camera so I can use something other then cell phone pics all over the website haha.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 PM
430ztt

any idea when the final production will be? when will we start to see dyno #'s?

Is there a possibility of having one for ZDayz? What price range are we talking about?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:57 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Brandon or Charles

Originally Posted by oorx7
I thought I might post some of my pics. I don't think charles has seen these yet.

My name is Brandon I am charles partner. I have been into manufacturing for about 12 years, mainly injection plastics. Our partnership is fairly recent, although I did work part time with him for a little over a year. During this time we developed the stage two fuel system. In the future we plan to incorperate plastics into our products, as this is my expertise. The first product we will be using this on is the twin pump assembly. Anyways that is my introduction, on with the intake manifold thread.
Nice CNC work... I sat here looking at the part you created.. But I
have an other question. What is the outside chance you could run a program to clean up the Stock Factory intake manifold. ( To match your work? )

Cheers Amy -

Last edited by AmyCroft; 02-09-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by AmyCroft
Nice CNC work... I sat here looking at the part you created.. But I
have an other question. What is the outside chance you could run a program to clean up the intake manifold. ( To match your work? )

Cheers Amy -
There are still a few programs left to run. The pictures shown is not the finished texture. This was the fine roughing program you see there. Left are the programs to smooth it all out, drill and tap the outside flange holes, and to finish the inside of the runners.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:02 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by 430ztt
any idea when the final production will be? when will we start to see dyno #'s?

Is there a possibility of having one for ZDayz? What price range are we talking about?
Its possible that dyno runs might begin next weekend. This weekend we are planning to fabricate a upper plenum for testing the specs on the runners and stacks. Once we are happy with the results, everything will kick into full production mode.

There is a lot to loose or gain in very small changes to the runner shapes, tapering, and velocity stack shaping. Chances are high that we will not get the perfect results on the first one... but we know what to change and where if its not what we want, and then we cut another one.

The target pricing is 1050-1250, expect on the higher side of the middle. It depends highly on exactly how we end up manufacturing the tops initially. When we are 100% content, we will start taking the actions to cast both halfs. But it takes time for that, and we will have to CNC and fabricate the units for each order until the casting is all setup. We have to work out the details soon.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:43 PM
dscheers

Would you consider doing the top part in a material other than metal? Something that help keep it cooler ?

Danny
Old 02-09-2006, 09:52 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

a couple months ago i looked into doing it carbon fiber. At work I already deal with a place that does extremely high quality dry carbon that could construct it. However, I have no information on the long term durability of that, nor if they will be applying the proper manufacturing techniques to ensure the longest durability of CF in that application, so we have to pass on that for now.

If people would be prepared to pay up to 2 grand for a CF version, I would start looking into it again.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
dscheers

Maybe some other kind of cheaper polymer? Like what Kinetix uses, but then with some nice SS reinforcements belts running over the top or so ?

Thanks

Danny
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think that would be worth not having a solid strong peice, This is an aftermarket manifold that will exceed OEM quality. Im excited
Old 02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

yea for now we just want to focus on what we know works... experimenting with other materials can leave us with unhappy customers. An exploding plenum would result in a car that is left banging off the rev limiter until you turn it off.

Quick Reply: LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**