Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick I appreciate the kind words... you will know within the hour of when we have a useable unit. I would love to see what you and vinny and the guys think of it... we can make whatever changes you guys desire to put this unit on your street car!

BTW I would still like to see under the plenum of that wilson one on your race car! Brandon and I have been dieing to see if it looks anythink like ours under there! If you have any pics you want to share, shoot them to me at fstasfq@hotmail.com

Talk to ya soon Nick.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
Nick I appreciate the kind words... you will know within the hour of when we have a useable unit. I would love to see what you and vinny and the guys think of it... we can make whatever changes you guys desire to put this unit on your street car!

BTW I would still like to see under the plenum of that wilson one on your race car! Brandon and I have been dieing to see if it looks anythink like ours under there! If you have any pics you want to share, shoot them to me at fstasfq@hotmail.com

Talk to ya soon Nick.
phunk any need for a test car for the single guys. Turbonetics has a motor mid-build right now that might be able to use this very soon. (hint hint T66 cough, hack )
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So Charles, Any update on progress of this IM, I know a bunch of us cant wait to throw it on our cars Thanks.

-George
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 AM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

We have almost all the machining of the flanges and the lower peice done. We had started fabricating the top part, but The person that was helping us has become unavailable. We are looking at other avenues at the moment to get it done quicker. Unfortunatly I am not the greatest welder, only because of lake of experience. I will be bringing my good camera to work by the end of the week to take some better pics and hopfully we will have made some more progress.

Thanks for the bump
Brandon
Old 02-22-2006, 05:29 AM
mcderns

Brandon-Tell Charles to call me if he needs help with the top.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

We made some good progress this evening. Finished up some more of the machining fixtures. I should be able to completly finish the bottom by this weekend. Now I just need to make some fixtures to set the locations for welding the top together (stock throttle body flange location and hood hight limitations). We will keep you guys posted as we make progress.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good! Thanks for the update
Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

We made some more progress this weekend. Completly finished the bottom. Also dropped the the top of to be completed. Should be completly finished and tested in the next couple of weeks. I will let Phunk (Charles) go into more detail.
Attached Thumbnails LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-1.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-2.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-3.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-4.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-6.jpg  

Old 02-26-2006, 12:27 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

A couple of more pics.
Attached Thumbnails LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-9.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-8.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-7.jpg   LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**-5.jpg  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:34 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Damn! Looks great. Let's get some numbers on this thing!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Hmm... not much I have to say about it.

Hope everyone is ready for an intake manifold like this. Like camshafts, a properly designed intake manifold can compliment other modifications and reform the powerband. Using this intake manifold with the correct camshafts and RPM is going to bring a new dimension of useable power to the VQ35DE. What we have built here is no joke... we will see if the VQ community is ready for it.

of course, dyno charts will be posted as soon as possible. The first car that this will be really tested on is a local NA 350z. While the manifold was designed entirely with higher HP and higher RPM forced induction applications in mind... we really just want to see what it does on a NA car. So the local car is a 292rwhp NA dynojet car... I have some ideas but we will see how it goes.

Last edited by phunk; 02-26-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charles, what kind of numbers are you expecting this thing to put out on the NA Z? When will we be able to see what this thing will do on a F/I Z?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Boosted2fourO

Sweet... Charles sent me pics this morning. Brandon, you build the hot **** dude! wish i could help more with the upper, but im so stacked at work right now
Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Charles, what kind of numbers are you expecting this thing to put out on the NA Z? When will we be able to see what this thing will do on a F/I Z?
Its really going to depend a lot on the RPM.

NA cars are much more sensitive to runner length and shape tuning. According to some math, this manifold should harmonically peak somewhere between 8500-9000rpm. Of course there are other things that effect this. So the question I have in my own head is.... at what RPM will this manifold begin to start kicking in the gains on a NA car? The earlier the better! Cause at this point in time, not many guys are going past 7100-7200rpm.

There is only one way to find out, which is why we are going to test it on a car that is a very good canidate. This local NA car has camshafts and other mods. We will be testing it in comparison to his existing rev-up lower mani.

-Charles
Old 02-26-2006, 01:03 PM
aalzuhair

Good luck Charles wish you all the best

Az
Old 02-26-2006, 01:10 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Brandon wrote the CAD program for this... he probably spent 60 hours on that... doing it over and over until it was just right. Spent probably another 40 hours on getting the CNC programs written and the fixtures built.

But now that its all done, we should be able to accomodate any orders.

After we see the results we want on the dyno, it will go straight into the casting process. However, while waiting for the cast version to be done, we will see be able to build the CNC version for anyone who needs something ASAP.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

I'll take one if you can have it done in 3-4 weeks before my next tuning date. I'm on the totally other extreme of an N/A car - PM for details and pricing - we're targeting 800+whp with the new setup.

I have the Crawford on now, and could give a direct back to back test...
Old 02-26-2006, 01:21 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Shouldnt be a problem... we will talk to the fellow who is building the plenum tops for us. Let me know if you would want stock throttle location, or a relocated throttle, or even a dual throttle wouldnt be a problem.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

We're heading down the path of using a Q45 throttle body for a number of reasons (some of which maybe you could help me with off line), so maybe I could just send you the flange instead of us modifying it when it gets here...
Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 PM
JETPILOT

What does the cover look like for this thing?

Respect
JET

Quick Reply: LOOK What I FOUND!! CJ-M Intake Manifold UNCOVERED!!**PICS**