Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics AT w/ CAT by Danzio worth the wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captj3
If you convert his numbers he's at 399 hp / 375 tq. When I had my car on a dynojet and then on a mustang dyno the difference was 12% this was on a 6mt. I hope this helps and answers some question.

Congrats on your numbers. Now go out and have fun.
thanks for the info. This will boots up my confident in buying TN.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:24 AM
z327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jlimquest]

Details: 2004 DB 5AT / Dyno = 356HP + 335TQ on a Mustang Dyno / Ave AF = 10.8 (attached)

QUOTE]

How many pulls did you do and in what gear?
Did you have a baseline dyno before the install?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
MIAPLAYA

He did but his baseline was done on a Dynojet which reads about 5-10% higher.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Fairlady_z33

Hey does numbers are rwhp if it is i calculated 356 times 13 percent and it gave me 402. Also is this the new t66 tnetics kit or the old version.

And what are your other mods and set up

Originally Posted by jlimquest
Just picked up my car from Chris at Danzio Performance ( http://www.danzioperformance.com/default.asp ) & drove it for first time...&...WHOOOOO WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!! Car drives "normal" on AT mode w/ smooth shifts (pre-boost)...excellent for daily driving.....However, when at WOT (manual mode)....boost kicks in & the ACCCCEEELLLERATTTION just pins you down + that lovely sound going Pssssssssttttttt!!!!....RPM quickly climbs faster than I can shift.....next thing you know it's going 130++.....How do you guys look at all the gauges, drive & shift all at the same time??? I waited for this TN AT kit for almost 3 mos & I can finally tell everyone that this was well worth the wait. THANKS Greg at Mossy for being patient w/ me & Turbonetics for a very well developed & tested product....glad that it was not one that was rushed into production. Hat's off too to my installer Chris Muzio of Danzio Performance in Elsinore, CA. While the shop was almost 50 miles away it was well worth the drive...they were THE EXPERTS on TURBONETIC's....Install was very clean & precise. I am very glad that I was able find a shop that I could trust my "baby". A fantastic group of experts that were turbo knowledgeable & a ton of experience on Turbonetics. Anyway, this is all for now as I need to go BOOOOSSSSTING!!!!

Details: 2004 DB 5AT / Dyno = 356HP + 335TQ on a Mustang Dyno / Ave AF = 10.8 (attached)

PS: As an added bonus....was on my way to pick up my daughter at UC Irvine this afternoon & a Black Porche Boxter zoomed past me....floored it on AT mode & quickly caught up on his right & had the car shift right as I was passing him w/ BOV going PSSSST......PSSSSST.....then I purposely waited for him to catch up....but at this point he just tailed me & did not want to play anymore
Old 02-26-2006, 07:03 PM
jlimquest

No, this is the out of the box TN ST for the AT w/ cat. I have an Injen dual Angled SES exhaust with a custom reverse Y pipe, UR pulleys, 5/16 Motordyne plenum spacer & Jethot coated OEM headers. I took off my DC headers & Kinetix V4 plenum. I don't have a Mustang baseline dyno as the previous one was done on a Dynojet (248 HP & 234 TQ).

Hey Ant & Znot...3 FI's in Walnut....way to go!!!! I'm in Marlborough Ridge across the soccer field on Amar....Hope to see you guys!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Ant830

Over there by Westhoff I believe? I'm behind Walnut high. Hope to see you guys around. Do you go to the chino hills meets?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:37 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Cool setup - congrats.

any upgrades to the tranny?

extra cooler?

valve body?

If not, any problem with shifts missing/slipping?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:46 AM
BluZee

Thats good to hear. I want the same setup. How does it shift at WOT in full auto mode?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
GQ 350z

AWESOME.

Dammit, I can't wait to get my ST. ANyway--whats the situation with carb and this kit? Are you still running the Injen exhaust..

once carb is set--my check will be in the mail hahahaha...damn..so excited.

I rode in my friends 18psi volvo, LOL gave me turbo envy. Can't wait to see my Z + turbo= damn..crazy *** ride.

ravi
Old 02-27-2006, 10:07 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
AWESOME.

Dammit, I can't wait to get my ST. ANyway--whats the situation with carb and this kit? Are you still running the Injen exhaust..

once carb is set--my check will be in the mail hahahaha...damn..so excited.

I rode in my friends 18psi volvo, LOL gave me turbo envy. Can't wait to see my Z + turbo= damn..crazy *** ride.

ravi
There is no way this kit will ever pass carb. With the cat on the car, it would pass a sniffer test, but would never pass visual.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
jlimquest

I have no transmission upgrades...maybe in the future. I have not been working it hard on AT mode as recommended by my shop to protect the tranny. At WOT I normally induce the AT to shift (slight accelerator release) at 5500 - 6000 RPM. You can go to red line on the manual mode. Yes, I still have the Injen SES dual angled exhaust. They fabricated a reverse Y pipe after the CAT.

Ant - I'll try to make the next Chino Hills meet...haven't gone there yet.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:33 AM
jlimquest

Thumbs up

Been getting a lot of inquiries on Danzio:

The basic install w/ dyno tune runs about $1300-1400. However, I had my exhaust fabricated due to the Injen (reverse Y pipe), DC headers taken off (hard) & motordyne 5/16 plenum spacers installed so mine was higher. Danzio was recommended by Mia & TN since they have done many of these kits. Chris Muzio has inside connections with Turbonetics (Jahme-engineer of the 350Z TN kit). They are also the one's building the engine for the 1.5 TN kit for Turbonetics. That is why I went with them as it made it easier to work w/ TN when they needed too. Mine was one of the first 5AT w/ cat that was sent out of production. Tell them that Jeff w/ the blue Z referred you to them.

Yes, I am still running the ECU flash. However, I had Technosquare tune my AF (mid 10's as it started to go too low) & up my rev limiter in AT mode to 7100. Cost was just $150 as I already had my ECU previoulsy reflashed by Tadashi. It also helped being I was local & he did it on the car.

Good Luck all & enjoy your TN as I am!!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by jlimquest
Been getting a lot of inquiries on Danzio:

The basic install w/ dyno tune runs about $1300-1400. However, I had my exhaust fabricated due to the Injen (reverse Y pipe), DC headers taken off (hard) & motordyne 5/16 plenum spacers installed so mine was higher. Danzio was recommended by Mia & TN since they have done many of these kits. Chris Muzio has inside connections with Turbonetics (Jahme-engineer of the 350Z TN kit). They are also the one's building the engine for the 1.5 TN kit for Turbonetics. That is why I went with them as it made it easier to work w/ TN when they needed too. Mine was one of the first 5AT w/ cat that was sent out of production. Tell them that Jeff w/ the blue Z referred you to them.

Yes, I am still running the ECU flash. However, I had Technosquare tune my AF (mid 10's as it started to go too low) & up my rev limiter in AT mode to 7100. Cost was just $150 as I already had my ECU previoulsy reflashed by Tadashi. It also helped being I was local & he did it on the car.

Good Luck all & enjoy your TN as I am!!!!
Glad to hear Chris took care of you. When I called last week I know your car was in there getting some work done. Those guys over there are top notch especially Chris. When Jhame recommends someone to people its for a reason Congrats again.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:53 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

If I read that right it looks like your a/f is in the low 10's. Why so rich?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 35ounces
If I read that right it looks like your a/f is in the low 10's. Why so rich?
He is running the cat version which I'm sure hurt turbo efficiency and airflow quite a bit...
Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 AM
chimmike

after reading htis thread...whoever said he's at 399whp by throwing a random percentage from the mustang numbers....you're definitely not correct....ESPECIALLY if he's only running 8psi, and on an automatic tranny....sorry.

I'd say closer to 370whp would be a much safer estimate.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:05 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

+1 Usually 7% is safe to use for the Mustang comparison.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:08 AM
TheLastSpartan

so does TN have a special kit for AT? im a little confused

im thinking about scraping my vortec plan after reading this

Last edited by TheLastSpartan; 04-06-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 AM
jlimquest

Thumbs up

Regarding Dyno #'s - No problem....bottom line is I'm happy w/ it...Thx!!!

As far as tranny mods....no I have not done any....looking into the SGP valve body upgrade (currently having a group buy)...Yes, TN has a specific AT kit & all kits could be bought w/ the CAT option ($300 extra) which I wanted due to smell (which I've tried being catless...couldn't stand it) & in case of random smog check.

BTW, had an encounter with a brand new Silver Porche Cayman S (no plates yet) the other day on the 57 Fwy. Saw him a few cars ahead. Floored & swerved on other lane to catch up. He must have seen me coming as he too accelerated. However, with the tight traffic here in the LA area. I was only able to tail him thru-out until the traffic slowed us down. Finally, went to his right side to check him out but he just snobbed me....must have been surprised as I was technically knocking on his bumper...it made my day!!!

Last edited by jlimquest; 04-06-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by TheLastSpartan
so does TN have a special kit for AT? im a little confused

im thinking about scraping my vortec plan after reading this
Yes they do. They created a 5AT specific kit with the revlimiter increased to 7100 to aide with shifting...

Quick Reply: Turbonetics AT w/ CAT by Danzio worth the wait!!!