Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Beware Of Turbonetics

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
Dude, I've had and I sell SS exhausts every single day made by Apexi, greddy, thermal research and they do not rust like these pipes are rusting.
Thats funny...Thermal Research MANUFACTURES the exhaust piping for Turbonetics..you still sure about what you are saying?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 03-19-2006, 05:51 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
Dude, I've had and I sell SS exhausts every single day made by Apexi, greddy, thermal research and they do not rust like these pipes are rusting.
Seriously, lets see some pics. I've never seen an exhaust not "tarnish" after use on a turbocharged vehicle, even stainless steel pipes. It is from heat, and has nothing to do with the quality of the piping.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
ANY kit will break clamps if the pipes are not aligned properly. Lets ask the other 50 guys here how many clamps they have broken... Um none. Looks like your "qualified" mechanic needs a little more "qualification" in aligning pipes.
BlackStevo8 = OWNED

Read the thread on this crap on the other forum... And well just reading the first post had me shaking my head on how easily the kid was blaming the wrong people (also I was taken back by some of the comments made about this site and the Turbonetics owners).

If you do a search, you will see that Turbonetics has a excellent record with its owners here.

Including the numerous times I had to call Reggie for stuff (which he was also polite and helpful), and also this brings back to memory from the shop I used to install my Turbonetics Kit blaming Turbonetics and Reggie for some of the problems I was having... When really they lied about it (saying they called Reggie though they didn't) and didn't know or care what they were doing to my car or lack there of.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:05 PM
MIAPLAYA

BTW I just talked to Reggie AGAIN and he said when he offered to overnight you some new clamps you told him you already sourced them from somewhere else. Although my suspiscion is that if the pipes are STILL not aligned correctly you are going to break those as well..
Old 03-19-2006, 06:10 PM
taurran

I had a broken v-band clamp after I first had the kit installed. Of course, this is because I was running it with headers that didn't fit. The headers were contacting the downpipe and throwing the alignment of downpipe off, which caused the bolt on the v-band clamp to strip out from tightening down the misaligned clamp.

I called Reggie and let him know, and had a brand new v-band clamp in my hands the very next day.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:14 PM
westpak
SFZCC

One thing you cannot fault TN and that is customer service and response, Reggie is always available and willing to ship stuff out quickly.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by westpak
One thing you cannot fault TN and that is customer service and response, Reggie is always available and willing to ship stuff out quickly.
Thanks for that Gus that means a lot coming from you...
Old 03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Peking

Clearly the starter of the thread here was just tyring to start some silly immature bull crap.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:35 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Thanks for that Gus that means a lot coming from you...
I give credit where it is due, I wish more manufacturers were like that, makes dealing with customers a lot smoother.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Z PHAT Z

My Turbonetics kit was installed by my friend. He's not a certified mechanic or anything, just a guy that messing around with cars. He installed my kit on jack stands in his garage with just regular tools. My kit didn't break any clamps or the re-circular thing that you mentioned. Everything fitted nicely and not a problem( knock on wood ). I storage my car every Winter. I don't see how people drive the Z in NY Winter weather with snow and ice. Everything that I needed from Turbonetics were sent out in a heart beat.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I also am not a certified tech, just your regualr car enthusiasts/weekend mechanic, and I had no issues during install or to this date concerning any pipe/clamps breaking. Whoever did the install obviously wasnt ready for it/didnt work to their potential on the car in question.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
NOBI

stevo we appriciate your input here but everyone on this site has a huge boner for TN, you are only wasting your time becasue no one will listen to you.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

What input? As far as Im concerned he has no credibility here just having signed up-and posting on somebody elses behalf(wanting to stir things up). He posted problems that are likely related to bad install, anybody that knows anything about this kit can tell you that. And you expect us all to not ask questions?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
1 2 NV

Wow, I really don't know what to say! I installed my kit on my own with a friend in my garage. Didn't know really a thing about turbos, nor have I ever installed one. Not only have I asked members of this board for guidance and explanation on how things work but have called Reggie and done the same. That's not even his job! Reggie and Turbonetics stand behind their products 100%. I am not even going to tell you how many times Reggie has been their for me. (cause its too many to keep track of) Reggie would be willing to overnight me a washer if my kit was missing one! That's just how committed Turbonetics and their staff are. Man I hate to judge you cause I have never met you, but something isn't adding up here. If what your saying is true (which I am really having a hard time believing) then there is more to the story than your telling us..........so what is it?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI, stainless steel isn't "magic steel" and salt can act as a catalyst to oxidation...
Old 03-19-2006, 08:16 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOBI
stevo we appriciate your input here but everyone on this site has a huge boner for TN, you are only wasting your time becasue no one will listen to you.
They don't listen because they are too busy beating off to their Turbonetics/Fisher-Price: "My First Turbo" 60-1's.....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

^^would be questioning too if some douche said my APS pipes are cracking, APS sucks blah blah
Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 PM
bullseye

Originally Posted by taurran
Seriously, lets see some pics. I've never seen an exhaust not "tarnish" after use on a turbocharged vehicle, even stainless steel pipes. It is from heat, and has nothing to do with the quality of the piping.
I agree. Heat will cause discoloration. I believe some exhaust manufacturers use 3XX grade SS, which is a little more resistant to surface rust than 409. But in salty conditions, even 3XX can rust on the surface. Even if they made exhausts out of 202 grade SS, the same material in surgical instruments (!), they could still rust in the salt bath of winter driving. By the way, salt air in coastal areas can induce surface rusting, too. Particles settle out of the air, mix with salt and moisture, and cause a chemical reaction on the surface. If one is concerned about aesthetics, SS cleaner will knock off the surface rust, no problem.

Otherwise, no harm done!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto
^^would be questioning too if some douche said my APS pipes are cracking, APS sucks blah blah

Relax biatch...I was trying to be funny :P You have to admit that was mildly amusing...

Quick Reply: Beware Of Turbonetics