Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Beware Of Turbonetics

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I chuckled....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto
I chuckled....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
NOBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the whole turbonetics vs the world thing on this board is really funny, what happened to just loving the z? =)
Old 03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
ronum1

wow, just read everything, all those parts missing,

I'm about to wake up early tomorrow to check and see if I got everything,
(Have an install appointment tomorrow or later today at Altered)

I got my kit way back in December, but never checked part by part with the Intruction Booklet.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by NOBI
i think the whole turbonetics vs the world thing on this board is really funny, what happened to just loving the z? =)
Thing is we didn't make the whole "Turbonetics Vs. The World" it seems others felt it was their "Product Vs Turbonetics and those who choose them"...

Also I completely agree with your post I quoted above, and have stated something very similar time and again... Really why argue or fight about which kit, and then to drag it on over and over again... Should just be happy people are even making stuff for this car, maybe not all of you have experienced or seen what it is like to own a car where aftermarket stuff is not broad... The more to choose from the better to me.

But with posts like this...

Originally Posted by NOBI
stevo we appriciate your input here but everyone on this site has a huge boner for TN, you are only wasting your time becasue no one will listen to you.
Well that doesn't help, and is offensive. We are all grown here, and we all should act like it...

But instead folks want to come out and post like children (and this is being said in general from the threads I have read since knowledge of the Turbonetics kit was being talked about before its official release which I guess is well over a year of this I guess).

Last edited by Peking; 03-19-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:34 AM
BlackStevo8
Banned

Wow, didnt get to check back here last night. Let me address a few things:

I didnt know Thermal makes the exhaust piping, if they do thats great, but the pipes still should be replaced because they have more surface rust then any other SS thermal exhaust i've ever seen

Reggie did NOT offer to overnight me anything. He said I can order them from my distributor. First he said "I dont know what to tell you, we dont have a problem with them"

There is a picture of an AC bracket that just does not exist on my customer's 350Z

The kit WAS missing parts when it first arrived, but Reggie did take care of that after a tiny bit of haggling.

You people really do have a Boner for this place. Why would we be posting all of this if we didnt have problems??? Anyone ever think of that?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
Wow, didnt get to check back here last night. Let me address a few things:

I didnt know Thermal makes the exhaust piping, if they do thats great, but the pipes still should be replaced because they have more surface rust then any other SS thermal exhaust i've ever seen

Reggie did NOT offer to overnight me anything. He said I can order them from my distributor. First he said "I dont know what to tell you, we dont have a problem with them"

There is a picture of an AC bracket that just does not exist on my customer's 350Z

The kit WAS missing parts when it first arrived, but Reggie did take care of that after a tiny bit of haggling.

You people really do have a Boner for this place. Why would we be posting all of this if we didnt have problems??? Anyone ever think of that?

Wait so now you are saying your other SS piping DOES rust. This directly contradicts what you said earlier about NONE of your other SS piping rusting. Which is it? Secondly the piping is UNDER the car and not visible unless you are jacking the car up. Not to mention that surface rust/tarnish has ZERO bearing on the kits performance. The AC brakcet has been beat to death but maybe you just can't read well. Lets try this:

ON EARLY 03 MODEL 350ZS A DIFFEENT AC COMPRESSOR WAS USED. DUE TO THE DIFFERENCE IN AC COMPRESSORS A FEW CARS HAVE ONE LESS BOLT THEN ALL THE OTHERS. THIS BRACKET DOES NOT NEED TO BE ATTACHED AND TURBONETICS RECHECKED THE INTEGRITY OF THE PIPING WIHTOUT IT BOLTED ON. TAURRAN ALREADY POSTED THAT HIS KIT DOES NOT HAVE THAT BOLT WHICH IS ON THE INTAKE PIPING MIND YOU AND HAS HAD ZERO ISSUES WITHOUT IT. Do you get it now? ONE bolt on the charge piping does not affect the exhaust piping OR clamps. The head of R&D was able to remove that bolt from their R&D car and stand on the intake piping as dicussed previously on this board should you ever chose to use the "search" function. Your story contradicts everything EVERYBODY has experienced with REggie and Turbonetics including other competent shops that have already post here. Gee who am I going to believe about what was said?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:56 AM
leakyZ

so here i am in another forum with a bunch a "know nothing hacks" I made the original post because I am the customer, so allow me to clarify:
First off the directions dont reflect the actual car, my tech was pretty pissed about the whole thing. And hes built everything from evos to mustangs.
second of all i can see that everyone here(especially MIAPLAYA) is on reggies nuts. When the recirculating pipe first broke, TN broke my ***** about wanting pictures and after they got them they still took over a week to ship. So anyone that thinks reggie is just sitting around twiddling his thumbs waiting to help someone .......THINK AGAIN.
Third it has nothing to do with the alignment of the pipes. My pipes are aligned so well and so tight together that even with the clamp boken and barely doing a thing it only sounds like a small leak. The actual clamp itsef falls apart.
And finally REGGIE didnt offer me a thing, i spoke to him personally and the last words out of his mouth were "well then send me pictures"
I have been building cars for years and this is my second 350z and probably my 4th turbo car, I have glued together civics that fit better than this kit. so anyone that thinks otherwise well kiss my ***. if you had a good expeiriance with them, well amen. and if you had a bad expeiriance with them, well join the club and oh yea ...if YOU personally havent had anything with them just shut the f**k up and read the thread because hearsay is bull **** and you dont have s**t to stand on.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by leakyZ
so here i am in another forum with a bunch a "know nothing hacks" I made the original post because I am the customer, so allow me to clarify:
First off the directions dont reflect the actual car, my tech was pretty pissed about the whole thing. And hes built everything from evos to mustangs.
second of all i can see that everyone here(especially MIAPLAYA) is on reggies nuts. When the recirculating pipe first broke, TN broke my ***** about wanting pictures and after they got them they still took over a week to ship. So anyone that thinks reggie is just sitting around twiddling his thumbs waiting to help someone .......THINK AGAIN.
Third it has nothing to do with the alignment of the pipes. My pipes are aligned so well and so tight together that even with the clamp boken and barely doing a thing it only sounds like a small leak. The actual clamp itsef falls apart.
And finally REGGIE didnt offer me a thing, i spoke to him personally and the last words out of his mouth were "well then send me pictures"
I have been building cars for years and this is my second 350z and probably my 4th turbo car, I have glued together civics that fit better than this kit. so anyone that thinks otherwise well kiss my ***. if you had a good expeiriance with them, well amen. and if you had a bad expeiriance with them, well join the club and oh yea ...if YOU personally havent had anything with them just shut the f**k up and read the thread because hearsay is bull **** and you dont have s**t to stand on.

Question #1 DO you have aftermarket headers on this car?
Question #2 WHICH V band broke there are 5 of them

The AC compressor bracket has been explained again and again and again. Do you really need me to spell it out once more? If you and your tech know so much how come neither one of you decided to call Turbonetics at the point in the install that you had a question? A quick call could have answered your question about the brakcet in about 5 seconds. Hell a search on this board could have answered that question. So your telling me that your pipes are aligned SO well that a broken v band clamp BARELY causes a leak AND your wg dumptube broke? Being the FIRST person with that tube to break and one of two broken clamps (the other was caused by a misaligned pipe) you didn't think for ONE second your piping might not be installed right? ]

BTW a lot of these "know nothing hacks" were able to install their kit on jackstands in their garage while you in all your turbo wisdom and shop with tons of builds had a problem. But yeah I guess them knowing nothing and not having a single problem you described is just a result of being hacks

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 03-20-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
leakyZ

the highest vband on the drivers side breaks the one thats like impossible to get to. i didnt start the thread over the fittment i started it because all your buddies wouldnt give me a god damn VBAND CLAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
the car has stock manifolds too so what other whitty excuse are you gonna pull out of you *** this time. im glad you focus on the problems that have solutions like the ac bracket. how bout my kit missing about 7 things??? whats the excuse there, was Pedro out to lunch when they boxed up the kit?

Last edited by leakyZ; 03-20-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:15 AM
MIAPLAYA

the highest vband on the drivers side breaks the one thats like impossible to get to. i didnt start the thread over the fittment i started it because all you buddies would give me a god damn VBAND CLAMP!!!!!!!!!!!! the car has stock manifolds too so what other whitty excuse are you gonna pull out of you *** this time. im glad you focus on the problems that have solutions like the ac bracket. how bout my kit missing about 7 things??? whats the excuse there was Pedro out to lunch when they boxed up the kit?
I don't know a Pedro who works there but sure lets say he is out to lunch. Were the parts sent out? Oh yeah they were. If the upper most v band on the drivers side is breaking its DEFINITELY an issue of improper alignment. If the pipes are not positioned correctly it is going to over stress that clamp section. This is basically common sense. This is EXACTLY what happened to taurran when he installed the kit with headers. The pipe was not aligned right and that EXACT vband broke. Oh yeah, he's the only one besides you... coincidience..may be not.. Oh did you not want solutions to your problems? It sounds like you did. So was there NOT a solution to the missing parts as you insinuate in your last sentence? Cause I think that was already solved. Still sounds like an install issue to me...but then again what do us know nothing hacks know? we've only self installed or assisted install oh I don't know 10-20 kits so far.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
leakyZ

well at least you relize that you are a know nothing hack, identifying the problem is always the first step, so good luck with that.
I still dont see my clamp though, and even if i did get it now it would only be to silence me. All this over a clamp if they would have just lived up to your fantasy cust service you think they have then i would have been sent a clamp and this thread would have never started. but no clamp, no help, no service so here we are.
i already know 2 people that will have the greddy kit soon anyway due to the simple fact that i told them what happened and they know me and that i tell nothing but the truth and they saw most of the install so TN lost 2 possible sales that alone is more than consilation enough for me.
I will make sure they lose at least a dozen more as well, nothing more convincing than listening to someone that has the kit and has delt with the company thats mad it.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 AM
taurran

well at least you relize that you are a know nothing hack, identifying the problem is always the first step, so good luck with that.
I still dont see my clamp though, and even if i did get it now it would only be to silence me. All this over a clamp if they would have just lived up to your fantasy cust service you think they have then i would have been sent a clamp and this thread would have never started. but no clamp, no help, no service so here we are.
i already know 2 people that will have the greddy kit soon anyway due to the simple fact that i told them what happened and they know me and that i tell nothing but the truth and they saw most of the install so TN lost 2 possible sales that alone is more than consilation enough for me.
I will make sure they lose at least a dozen more as well, nothing more convincing than listening to someone that has the kit and has delt with the company thats mad it.
Who cares? It's not like your shop is competent enough to install the kit anyway. Last thing we need is more people whining about their inability to align a few pipes.

Oh, shouldn't you be crying to nissan because they changed the design of the AC Compressor? I'm sure they'd be happy to send you a new one.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

I don't know how many different ways to tell you that Reggie offered to ship the clamp and was told it was sourced locally. If you want to bad mouth Turbonetics have fun with that. Your posts on this board have already shown how little you obviously know about the kit. Of the 50+ people who have one installed here NO ONE but you has had a problem with Reggie sending them parts. Of course with your attitude I wouldn't want to help you either. BTW all that turbo knowledge you have must REALLY be paying off if you are recommending them the out of box Greddy kit. DId you happen to mention everything else they need to buy to make it safe? Or do you even know what those parts are? BTW calling everyone on this forum a "know nothing hack" is really going to get you some credibility here and everywhere else for that matter. But then in your fantasy world where 50+ owneres and countless shops attest to a great customer service experience from a company and only YOU and YOUR shop have a problem I guess that doesn't matter. I guess EVERYONE else is wrong and you are right Yeah their customer service is SO bad they even shipped a guy a replacement part for everything he damaged when he WRECKED HIS CAR.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 03-20-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:10 AM
BlackStevo8
Banned

I sent reggie an E-mail asking about when he said he'd send me a clamp, He has yet to respond. He did not offer to send anything, I dont care what he is telling you because if He did I would have accepted it and this war would have never begun. I'll still take the clamp but its not gonna change the fact that he blew us off The first time.

And I find it funny how you bring up no one else has problems with reggie sending out parts, I've seen numerous people say they were also missing stuff and even though he's sending parts out why should he have to? Why dont they just include everything to begin with? Why cant people put exhaust on the car without getting boost creep?

I'll tell you what happened here. Reggie blew us off thinking it didnt matter and now we're posting online where everyone is on Turbonetics' D*ck like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. Their turbos and wastegates suck also, but thats not the issue here.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 AM
chimmike

1) the deltagate was the only produt that was not really that great from TN.

2) If you're a shop, and you had those problems, I'd say you're about as competent at installs as I am at brain surgery. That is, you'd have to be goddamn retarded to let me near your brain with a scalpel, just as anyone would be retarded to let you lay a finger on their car.

3) Piping fitment is excellent, especially considering this is a mass produced kit, and surface rust can happen from iron in dirt/sand and other minerals kicked up from the road and sticking to pipes. Again, you'd have to be retarded not to realize this.

BTW! I didn't need a shop, or a lift to install the kit myself, in my garage, on ramps, without even taking the wheels off. Took me some time, but it runs great, nothing leaks, and nothing broke. Then again I don't suck at life like you do

4) If everyone here was a turbonetics sackrider, why are there owners of other kits coming in here and telling you you don't know **** from your face?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
I sent reggie an E-mail asking about when he said he'd send me a clamp, He has yet to respond. He did not offer to send anything, I dont care what he is telling you because if He did I would have accepted it and this war would have never begun. I'll still take the clamp but its not gonna change the fact that he blew us off The first time.

And I find it funny how you bring up no one else has problems with reggie sending out parts, I've seen numerous people say they were also missing stuff and even though he's sending parts out why should he have to? Why dont they just include everything to begin with? Why cant people put exhaust on the car without getting boost creep?

I'll tell you what happened here. Reggie blew us off thinking it didnt matter and now we're posting online where everyone is on Turbonetics' D*ck like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. Their turbos and wastegates suck also, but thats not the issue here.
OK so a few kits had a problem with missing parts. There was never an issue having them sent out. At least until you somehow had one. Of course now that you want to bring up everything else I guess you are just looking to fight with someone. So this is a WAR now? IC. I'm sure the mods will like that time. Your time here is short lived. But while you are still here let me ask you when if ever Greddy has resolved the VARIOUS problems people encounter with their kit. Or for that matter ATI (FMU), Vortech (jackshaft), the list goes on. Oh thats right they haven't. Greddy STILL doesn't send a timing harness with their kit OR a fuel pump. Turboentics had an issue with overboosting and it was fixed. AT NO COST TO THE CUSTOMER. They fixed the design and shipped everyone replacement parts free of cost. Thats a bad thing? I guess you are DEFINITELY the authority on Turbonetics products though right? So Ara Arslanian, The Efantis brothers, Gary Gardella, Jason Hunt and the countless other winning pro drivers who use Turbonetics turbos are WAY off base in their selection. You don't think ANY of them could go get turbos elsewhere? Oh they can, but they still choose Turbonetics turbos. In fact Lisa Kubo even switched to another company one year for money and half way through the season went back to Turbonetics since the other turbo wasn't cutting it. But yeah they are garbage Sounds a whole lot to me like you and whatever shop did this install since that still hasn't been finally answered are the only refuse I see. Whoever installed the kit CLEARLY needs a lesson in reading (that new thing where you go left to right, top to bottom, put words together they make sentences) and maybe a quick refersher on how to properly assemble a kit. In fact since YOU know so much about the boost creep go ahead and tell me how many exhausts cause it to happen that are currently released on the market. You are clearly not too knowledgeable about the kit, the car, or customer service skills... c ya later troll.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey mia just send them a few 1/4 pounders at least that will shut them up for awhile.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by superchargedg
hey mia just send them a few 1/4 pounders at least that will shut them up for awhile.
Doubtfull, from the sounds of it the wrapper might give them trouble...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
chimmike

OK im done here. i can feel myself getting dumber just listening to all you morons s*cking eachothe d*cks. I hope you all die in your sleep.

well, at least you'll suck at life somewhere else than here.

Quick Reply: Beware Of Turbonetics