Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbri
LMFAO You guys need to chill I love any Z regardless no turbo 1turbo 2 turbos 4 turbos....there is always someone faster....and all the kits have their plus and minus.... Everyone take a hit of the greenery...
Zivman doesn't care how many turbo's your car has, boost pressure is built from his brain, not from your overpriced Engine Managment Unit, which keeps him in boost at all times and whenever he wants to.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I certainly hope so with your built motor.

sorry but you are greatly misinformed..

Zivman does not have a built motor, he simply drained the coolant from his engine and pissed in his radiator and thus lowering his engine compression to 9:0:1
Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman
and here is a shot of what other Z owners that buy other FI kits get to view:

omg!!! i thought people were joking about the aps plate thing. that is a pretty bold statement about all the other turbo kits, hahhaa.
it is good you have found a product you believe in, but almost every single post i see from you even on other forums is ALWAYS something about how aps is better than anything else. it would really kill ya to know a few aps exhausts have been sold so they could run mine and get way better sound and not sound rice.
not trying to bash, but i think you need to have a more open outlook on other products on the market.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
omg!!! i thought people were joking about the aps plate thing. that is a pretty bold statement about all the other turbo kits, hahhaa.
it is good you have found a product you believe in, but almost every single post i see from you even on other forums is ALWAYS something about how aps is better than anything else. it would really kill ya to know a few aps exhausts have been sold so they could run mine and get way better sound and not sound rice.
not trying to bash, but i think you need to have a more open outlook on other products on the market.
How is his plate a bold statement. He has a Z. He has an APS kit on the Z. Hence, he has a plate that says APS Z.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:12 PM
bigbri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Zivman doesn't care how many turbo's your car has, boost pressure is built from his brain, not from your overpriced Engine Managment Unit, which keeps him in boost at all times and whenever he wants to.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
BawlZTT

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
How is his plate a bold statement. He has a Z. He has an APS kit on the Z. Hence, he has a plate that says APS Z.

+10000, must be some form of insecurity to think of it any other way
Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
BawlZTT

I am quite suprized half of you are not banned for disrespecting other members. Where is the forum **** when you need him.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Trust me, I have a very open outlook on other products on the market. I think your exhaust looks great and sounds great. Thing is, when it comes to a guy running an APS twin setup why would the person want to run your setup with the 2.5" dumps and 2.5" test pipes when they can run the APS exhaust with 3.5" dumps right off the turbos? forget the catback section, the piping right after the turbos is most critical. the exhaust gasses are still expanding in this section and with your setup, you are running them through a 2.5" pipe for 12-24" before opening to 3".

And your comment about sounding rice? come one, that's a stretch. I was hell bent against getting the APS exhaust on my car. I told GRD I wanted to keep my greddy evo2. I didn't want to go back to the stock style muffler and I was in love with the note of the evo2. I went with their recommendation due to flow concerns with the greddy exhaust. Came to get my car and even had more of a concern about the stock look of the APS 2.5" setup. I took it for one drive, hit the gas, and forgot all about my greddy. The APS setup sounds great and I have no regrets in terms of quality, flow or sound with this exhaust:
Click here to see Video

Last edited by Zivman; 07-19-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
chimmike

Trust me, I have a very open outlook on other products on the market.

Whatever you say, Nixon
Old 07-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by chimmike
Whatever you say, Nixon
How am I not objective and open to other products? For example: I run the crawford plenum rather than the APS one, because the crawford one was cheaper and I felt its quality was equal to the other cast plenum offering. You think I just looked at the TN name and said, "nope not as good as APS?" Thing that you all forget is that at one point, I had no turbo kit and was researching them like a lot of the board members are. I chose to spend my money on the most complete, safest, best quality kit I could buy. Do you think I bought into some APS hype or mass marketing, or bargain pricing - NO WAY. You guys want to talk about hype and mass marketing selling kits, you are NOT talking about APS setups.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by BawlZTT
Like most in this forum, this is the most assenign statement I have ever heard. There is no quality difference between the kits, they are built with the exact same parts. The only difference is 1 turbo vs. 2 and no manifolds. Everything else is virtually the exact same.

Robert (has seen both TT and ST kits in person)

Believe what you will, but it's the truth. However, if you believe the only difference in the two kits is the turbo(s) and the manifolds, I'd suggest "seeing" both kits again.

By the way, it's spelled "asinine"...

taurran (has seen both TT and ST kits in person)
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Zivman

Believe what you will, but it's the truth. However, if you believe the only difference in the two kits is the turbo(s) and the manifolds, I'd suggest "seeing" both kits again.

By the way, it's spelled "asinine"...

taurran (has seen both TT and ST kits in person)
I've personally installed both kits. The APS single uses basically the same parts as the twins. Garret turbo, basically the same FMIC, but with only a single inlet. Same fuel system and injectors, same EMS, same boost solenoid, same blow off valve, and same oil pan. All hardware is the same, all piping is the same quality and construction, etc, etc, etc.

Taurran, you seemed to be so well informed about the kits and the money I make off my posts
Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
taurran

I've personally installed both kits. The APS single uses basically the same parts as the twins. Garret turbo, basically the same FMIC, but with only a single inlet. Same fuel system and injectors, same EMS, same boost solenoid, same blow off valve, and same oil pan. All hardware is the same, all piping is the same quality and construction, etc, etc, etc.

Taurran, you seemed to be so well informed about the kits and the money I make off my posts

As do you. Its not a Garrett turbo. Its just a Garrett cartridge with APS everything else. The "quality" of the unichip, wiring harness, and the basic design of relying on a scavenging bilge pump to syphon oil out of a turbo is questionable. I've heard many complaints about the fittings on the ST kit as well. This quality piping doesn't seem to keep people from shredding crossover pipes sending metal shards into the turbine.

There is also the fact that you scrape turbo piping if you hit a speedbump wrong... go figure.

Last edited by taurran; 07-19-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OWNED!
Taurran FTW
Old 07-19-2006, 10:40 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me, I have a very open outlook on other products on the market. I think your exhaust looks great and sounds great. Thing is, when it comes to a guy running an APS twin setup why would the person want to run your setup with the 2.5" dumps and 2.5" test pipes when they can run the APS exhaust with 3.5" dumps right off the turbos? forget the catback section, the piping right after the turbos is most critical. the exhaust gasses are still expanding in this section and with your setup, you are running them through a 2.5" pipe for 12-24" before opening to 3".

And your comment about sounding rice? come one, that's a stretch. I was hell bent against getting the APS exhaust on my car. I told GRD I wanted to keep my greddy evo2. I didn't want to go back to the stock style muffler and I was in love with the note of the evo2. I went with their recommendation due to flow concerns with the greddy exhaust. Came to get my car and even had more of a concern about the stock look of the APS 2.5" setup. I took it for one drive, hit the gas, and forgot all about my greddy. The APS setup sounds great and I have no regrets in terms of quality, flow or sound with this exhaust:
Click here to see Video
the things i have said is feedback i am getting from my customers about the sound. i have personally only heard the 3" aps system, and well, biased or not mine is quiter and sounds way more powerful at the same time. take note, this is not just my opinion.
also, our 3" dual set up goes directly to 3", 1/2" after the flange. not 12-24" as you were under the impression. if you have not noticed, 2-3 other new exhaust makers has shown up in the last few months, mimicking some of the advantages of my systems, and now hks and injen are moving to h-pipes. i hate to say i told ya so, but do actually know what i am doing, lol.
i'm not saying aps is bad or anything like that, i know they have good products. but nearly every post from ya is aps oriented and makes ya sound like a sales person for aps rather than a fellow forum member.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...E6D58C1CDD.htm 3" vid

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...00b1859cf5.htm 2.5" vid

sorry, a shameless sound plug.

Last edited by overZealous1; 07-19-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Zivman

As do you. Its not a Garrett turbo. Its just a Garrett cartridge with APS everything else. The "quality" of the unichip, wiring harness, and the basic design of relying on a scavenging bilge pump to syphon oil out of a turbo is questionable. I've heard many complaints about the fittings on the ST kit as well. This quality piping doesn't seem to keep people from shredding crossover pipes sending metal shards into the turbine.

There is also the fact that you scrape turbo piping if you hit a speedbump wrong... go figure.
Sorry buddy, this last post is 99% BS misinformation. how many people have complained about fittings? How many have "shredded" crossover pipes? Stop taking a single issolated occurance that most likely was due to install and calling it an epidemic. It comes down to guys thinking they are mechanics and trying to install the kit themselves when they have no business doing so.

The unichip harness is the same I run I my car and all the TT guys run.

So where is all my monetary motivation coming from???
Old 07-20-2006, 03:13 AM
Zivman

the things i have said is feedback i am getting from my customers about the sound. i have personally only heard the 3" aps system, and well, biased or not mine is quiter and sounds way more powerful at the same time. take note, this is not just my opinion.
also, our 3" dual set up goes directly to 3", 1/2" after the flange. not 12-24" as you were under the impression.

whether it be the dump pipe section only, you are still choking the exhaust through 2.5" piping enroute to the 3"

if you have not noticed, 2-3 other new exhaust makers has shown up in the last few months, mimicking some of the advantages of my systems, and now hks and injen are moving to h-pipes. i hate to say i told ya so, but do actually know what i am doing, lol.

Told me so??? We chatted on IM about this. Cross over H pipe or X pipe is worth very little IMO on a turbo setup. IF I had the choice between running 3"+ piping off the turbos without an X pipe or the 2.5" -> 3" setup as you have it with the X pipe, I am choosing the bigger piping off the turbo. I don't care what HKS does, or even injen. those exhausts are NOT designed around turbo applications. For SC and N/A, H-pipes and X-pipes are great. Don't try telling me the X pipe is worth buying your exhaust for when I will be stuck with 2.5" piping for ANY part of the piping right after the turbo

i'm not saying aps is bad or anything like that, i know they have good products. but nearly every post from ya is aps oriented and makes ya sound like a sales person for aps rather than a fellow forum member.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...E6D58C1CDD.htm 3" vid

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...00b1859cf5.htm 2.5" vid

sorry, a shameless sound plug.
Great, your exhaust sounds good, so do a lot of exhausts out there. My aps sounds great, so did my greddy. Takes more than an exhaust that sounds good for a turbo application.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:37 AM
taurran

It comes down to guys thinking they are mechanics and trying to install the kit themselves when they have no business doing so.
Its quite ironic you can make this argument in defense of the APS kits, but fail to take this into account as you openly criticize other setups on a daily basis. It must only apply to APS I guess, right?

I would tend to think it was APS' goal to minimize self-install related issues when they decided to disown customers who don't have the install done at an authorized dealers.

The fact that other kits have multiple times more systems on the roads, and MANY more self-installed kits should tell you this might be a contributing factor to certain problems that might arise. Of course, this would be true if this argument applied to any other company than APS.......

You can "say" 99% of that post is BS, but only because you refuse to believe the truth of it. Then again, it has been established that trying to argue anything of that nature with you is a waste of time.

That being said... those are some nice plates you've got there.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is Zivman's money coming from?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 AM
nissansource

hahhaahah lame

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?