Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:03 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
naw you didn't, i know what you were saying. you're just dense, that's all
no its just that i really don't care about the book you typed... i was just trying to get my point across

Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
chimmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't be sad that you're teh suck
Old 07-20-2006, 04:37 PM
BobbyRitz

my n2o kit is teh bomb!!!!

:slowly walks out of the room with head down:
Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
this is my main concern!!! he has been making comparisons of my product to aps stuff without a full understanding of mine and giving false information about mine. like the statement a page back, where we run 2.5" for the first 12-24" of the exhaust!! i try not to read his posts, but i have to sometimes to make sure he is not saying things that are incorrect about my parts and costing me sales!!

Come on, the point wasn't the 12-24", the point was it bottle necks at the most critical point of the exhaust. So let's see you dispute that
My apologies

it is one thing to post an opinion if someone has one, but to start arguing with a sponsor about their product that they really are not familiar with and for a company he claims does not pay him for it, is abit over the top in my opinion.
i will put either of my exhausts against aps any day of the week. again, not trying to bash aps at all, they have good stuff and know what they are doing, but so do i.
Let's do it and put an end to it. Send me your 2.5" setup. I will put my dump pipes back on, and dyno the car on the same day. I am running the 3.5" pipes into the APS 2.5" exhaust
Old 07-20-2006, 04:58 PM
chimmike

bottlenecks are never good and I can't figure out why APS is the only one that thinks it's good...........i know plenty of drag teams, etc, that say it's asinine to think that.....
Old 07-20-2006, 05:02 PM
nissansource

Clark is the Brains over at JWT vrt is a customer of theirs. they happen to put the turbo kits on and been sucessfull at doing it. if it where any kit id run clarks
Old 07-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by chimmike
bottlenecks are never good and I can't figure out why APS is the only one that thinks it's good...........i know plenty of drag teams, etc, that say it's asinine to think that.....
APS thinks bottlenecks are good and drag teams think saying what is asinine?

Last edited by Zivman; 07-20-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Zivman

pm sent. btw, so everyone reads it, 3" from the flange! not 2.5"

I am sorry, you are running 2.5" flanges that open up shortly after to 3"
With that setup, you still have to run the smaller dump pipes that are 2.5" at the point they would bolt to your exhaust. THAT IS MY POINT. NOTHING about the X-pipe, NOTHING about the sound, NOTHING about the quality.
Just look at the pic:
Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Zivman
So please tell me how those 2.5" flanges aren't restrictive in comparison to these?:
Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Where is Zivman's money coming from?
I would like to know this as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to know this as well.
Well, just saw the accusation thrown out there and thought it was harsh. Unless someone has something they'd like to share.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Well, just saw the accusation thrown out there and thought it was harsh. Unless someone has something they'd like to share.

I don't know where this is coming from (Taurren's claim). Flat out, nobody pays me anything. No monetary reimbursment for my posts from anyone.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
taurran

I don't know where this is coming from (Taurren's claim). Flat out, nobody pays me anything. No monetary reimbursment for my posts from anyone.
Something I heard from nowhere in particular, and I was interested in Zivman's response. Then again, this is nothing I would own up to personally if I were him, so I expected total denial. Of course nothing can be proven by either party in the context of this forum thread, so take it as you will.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by taurran
Something I heard from nowhere in particular, and I was interested in Zivman's response. Then again, this is nothing I would own up to personally if I were him, so I expected total denial. Of course nothing can be proven by either party in the context of this forum thread, so take it as you will.

Why don't you just say who it is you 'heard' is paying me???

And I love how you play this off on me as you expected "total denial"
Old 07-21-2006, 12:03 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So please tell me how those 2.5" flanges aren't restrictive in comparison to these?:
that point where it mates to the exhaust is only about 4" off the turbo for nearly every tt set up out there. do you know the outlet size of your turbos? my td05's are only 2". so within 4" it expans from 2" to 3". if someone has a greddy kit, they can add our dump tubes and increase exhaust flow by about 30% at full throttle also. now the only reason the aps flanges are that large is because it is internal wastegate. so is the jwt kit. we have seen great gains on the jwt kit with our exhaust.
now run custom dumps off an internal wg turbo, and see what your flange looks like then. meaning, make the flange large enough for just the turbo itself, and it would be far smaller. point being, the flange does not make a bit of difference, but what happens after that, that matters.
has aps shown a gain with the larger test pipes? not being sarcastic at all, but more curious.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Zivman

that point where it mates to the exhaust is only about 4" off the turbo for nearly every tt set up out there. do you know the outlet size of your turbos? my td05's are only 2". so within 4" it expans from 2" to 3". if someone has a greddy kit, they can add our dump tubes and increase exhaust flow by about 30% at full throttle also. now the only reason the aps flanges are that large is because it is internal wastegate. so is the jwt kit. we have seen great gains on the jwt kit with our exhaust.

Great, so go push your exhaust on the 12 guys running the JWT setup

now run custom dumps off an internal wg turbo, and see what your flange looks like then. meaning, make the flange large enough for just the turbo itself, and it would be far smaller. point being, the flange does not make a bit of difference, but what happens after that, that matters.
has aps shown a gain with the larger test pipes? not being sarcastic at all, but more curious.
APS puts quite a bit of R&D into their products. I switched from the cast dumps and 2.5" tests to the big pipes and had a noticable increase in spool times and saw boost rise about .5 - 1 lb at peak and at redline. I am really wanting this back and forth about your exhaust to end. My only point was that you are choking the exhaust through 2.5" piping at the most critical point. Comparing running your exhaust with the 2.5" flange is not comparable IMO to the turbo outlets. Like I said, as the exhaust leaves the turbo, the gass is sitll expanding and the reason I feel the APS big pipes are the better solution.

Like I said, go push your exhaust on all the greddy owners and the handful of JWT owners. You should be able to turn a profit on those.

I still have my cast dumps sitting in my shop if you want to send me a 2.5" setup to dyno against my current exhaust system. If it makes less power, you cover all costs including to send back. If it makes more power, I'll send you the money for the exhaust - I don't even care about the sound or the look of the exhaust, if it proves itself on my car I will buy it.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:55 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran

Well as an outsider looking in, that's a pretty strong statement to put out there and follow it up with "Something I heard from nowhere in particular". If you're gonna say something like that, as if it's fact, I would think you'd give a detail or two.

There are fanboy's for every kit, and I'm not necessarily meaning that in a negative conotation. You love your TN kit, and he loves the APS kit. In my quest for research on FI, I visit the "three" forums and have aggravated Sharif to death I know, lol. It's necessary to do so, since this board leans toward TN, motoring toward APS, and tech somewhere in the middle. We're all car enthusiasts and it's a shame these FI threads turn into FI flame wars.

Oh well, carry on.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by tig488
jorge, dont forget the pink pony!

I made it. Mapquest said it would take 10.5 hours......8 cups of coffee and 6 ECA stacks (Ephedrine, Caffine pills, & Aspirin).........Tweeeeaking! I made it in 8 hours. I love roadtrips in my G especially in the middle of the night. Good times!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:07 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I made it. Mapquest said it would take 10.5 hours......8 cups of coffee and 6 ECA stacks (Ephedrine, Caffine pills, & Aspirin).........Tweeeeaking! I made it in 8 hours. I love roadtrips in my G especially in the middle of the night. Good times!
How's the shop look? Hey, I thought Ephedrine was banned!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
How's the shop look? Hey, I thought Ephedrine was banned!

The shop is amazing! Even the front office is nice!

Ephedrine was banned for use in fat burners/diet aids, but can still be bought seperately. I buy plain ephedrine and take it with a 200mg caffine pill and a 300mg aspirin. If someone where to bottle all 3 ingredients and sell it would be illegal. It's called an ECA stack and it increases your metobolism by 10%. Good chit!

http://www.netnutri.com/browse.cfm/4...rine&ovtac=PPC

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?