Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Engine Strengthening

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 AM
THE BARRON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Strengthening

This is for real. im getting deployed to iraq this summer for about a year so im going to come back with some cash to drop in my car. im going to get a greddy twin turbo kit. and im also going to get n02. i want to know if im going to need to bore and sleeve my cylenders and if i should buy some stronger pistons and rods to. cause i dont want to blow my motor. i think that goes without saying. now the n02 is going to be for show. ill use it in emerginces. so its going to be hooked up propperly. and i also want to know the best kind of application for nitrous. so if there are any machine shop owners or aggresive racers that have this kind of application and know the best way to do it and the safest way i would really appriciate it. thanks alot. p.s ive also got alot of time and thought before i do it so that is not a problem at all.
-Barron
Old 03-24-2006, 09:50 AM
onebadfyvo

No engine advise. Just wanna say TAkE CARE on you Iraq tour. Get back soon and enjoy your Z.

byron
(USAF vet, medic)
Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE BARRON
This is for real. im getting deployed to iraq this summer for about a year so im going to come back with some cash to drop in my car. im going to get a greddy twin turbo kit. and im also going to get n02. i want to know if im going to need to bore and sleeve my cylenders and if i should buy some stronger pistons and rods to. cause i dont want to blow my motor. i think that goes without saying. now the n02 is going to be for show. ill use it in emerginces. so its going to be hooked up propperly. and i also want to know the best kind of application for nitrous. so if there are any machine shop owners or aggresive racers that have this kind of application and know the best way to do it and the safest way i would really appriciate it. thanks alot. p.s ive also got alot of time and thought before i do it so that is not a problem at all.
-Barron
you need to contact sgpracing.com.. they are very cool and will answer all your questions...

why would you want a greddy turbo?? you may wanna research your turbo kit... id go with turbonetics or aps.. just my 2cent.....
Old 03-24-2006, 11:57 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

By the time you get back, HKS should have launched their TT kit, so that might be something to look forward to.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Talk to Sharif, he'll steer you in the right direction and he's local. Forgedinternals.com
Old 03-24-2006, 06:38 PM
beastie

Originally Posted by onebadfyvo
No engine advise. Just wanna say TAkE CARE on you Iraq tour. Get back soon and enjoy your Z.

byron
(USAF vet, medic)
Agreed! Thank you for serving your country and protecting me. Come back in one piece!