Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

PnP HKS Twin Power DLI II for the Nissan 350Z and Infinity G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 07:49 AM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PnP HKS Twin Power DLI II for the Nissan 350Z and Infinity G35

Altered Atmosphere Motorsports is proud to announce the release of the new HKS Twin Power DLI II for the Nissan 350Z and Infinity G35! This is a Direct PLUG AND PLAY UNIT! No soldering, cutting or messing with your expensive coil packs. The HKS Twin Power DLI II is a welcome and needed new product that enhances our ignition system and allows more power.

The addition of an HKS DLI II means no more small gap spark plug gapping required on boosted 350Z’s and G35’s, and a allows for a larger gap on naturally aspirated Z’s and G’s. Utilizing a larger spark plug gap results in better fuel economy, throttle response, torque, and a cleaner running engine.

The Twin Power ignition amplifier integrates Capacity Discharge Ignition (CDI) and transistor ignition technology to offer improved throttle response and smoother engine performance by providing optimal spark duration and maximum voltage output. The CDI technology provides maximum voltage by transferring all stored energy in the capacitor to the ignition coil so the ignition current can build quickly, making the Twin Power very effective at higher revs where a normal spark would diminish.

This strong, rapid spark prevents high rpm ignition miss that reduces peak power. The transistorized method generates high voltage by using transistors to cut off current to the coil, allowing a long energy discharge. This longer spark duration allows the Twin Power to improve lower RPM throttle response and torque. The Twin Power produces a spark output that is typically 1.5-2.5 stronger than a stock ignition system and consumes about 35% less power than other ignition amplifiers.

DLI II - Direct Ignition Engines with Internal Igniters-DLI II's are vehicle application specific for engines with integrated igniters and coils. (CARB E.O. # D-186-22)

The compact and attractive Twin power unit is constructed of durable anodized aluminum and sealed to prevent moisture corrosion. Nissan 350Z / Infiniti G35 wiring harnesses are included to aid in installation and mounting. No splicing of the complex VQ35 ignition wiring system – and easy, quick installation!

Click here to pre-order the 350Z/G35 HKS Twin Power DLI II today!

At this time there are no pictures of the complete unit with harnesses (they are on the way to us, will be here mid-next week!). The DLI is Direct PLUG AND PLAY and comes with pre-terminated OEM connectors, install instructions, and miscellaneous hardware.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:27 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good news.....you guys have come out with some great new products for the Z lately. Keep up the fine work.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:56 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Good news.....you guys have come out with some great new products for the Z lately. Keep up the fine work.
Thanks! The props have to go to HKS on this one though. We just wanted to keep everyone updated on this awesome new product! Many times ignition products are considered smoke and mirrors but NOT with the HKS. There is a noticable difference! I have felt it myself and alot of my buddies and customers say they can feel a difference. We just put one on a Supra and I could litereally hear is rev faster in neutral!
Old 04-15-2006, 09:07 AM
aalzuhair

Good news So you are going to process my pre-order
Old 04-15-2006, 09:17 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Good news So you are going to process my pre-order
Did you send the order through the website?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:45 AM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
Did you send the order through the website?
Yes, some time back
Old 04-15-2006, 10:05 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

List price is $500, but your price is $580, eh?

Would you recommend that if someone had a small gap on, lets say, their APS set-up then need to pull and regap?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Gman2004

Nice! I ordered mine a few weeks ago (not from AAM). I should have it soon.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:14 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
List price is $500, but your price is $580, eh?

Would you recommend that if someone had a small gap on, lets say, their APS set-up then need to pull and regap?
If you're looking at our site its becasue of the line through the price, it makes the 8 look like a 0. We're going to clean that up a bit.

Yes it is definetly worthwhile to pull and regap the plug, or just replace your plugs with a wider gap.

If your car is running the stock APS map then tuning should not be an issue. If you have an aggressive tune for timing then I would recommend that a tuner look at the maps.

The wider gap creates a larger flame kernal. This larger kernal creates a faster burn rate and burns more efficiently, but also advances your timing slightly. Its always better to be safe then sorry. When I say "aggressive" tune I think anything in the 450+whp on the stock motor is aggressive. Greddy kits with the AAM Spec ECU flash should be fine (we leave room in the timing maps for these things).
Old 04-17-2006, 07:35 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Yes, some time back
We have it! I sent you an email.