Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Forbidden Donut
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

killer graphics
Old 04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
jetspank

Brent, your car is just amazing. Every time I see it I am even more blown away (saw it live at AAM and in numerous photos here)--can't wait to check the audio mods you're working on. Rock on with your bad self!!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:20 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the win Brent!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:48 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys for the congrats. I have been working pretty hard on this for the last 6 months... I am glad everyone likes the results so far. I still have a few more mods to finish in the next couple of months.

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Congrats Brent! What class did you win? How was the show?
Ron, I did not get anything for any class..... Not even a third place man....

They gave me some award for Graphics. The emotion team took just about everything related to Asian Imports: Hondas, Nissan, Acura, Lexus, Mazda.... But they had like 20 + members there too... And what they did not take, Frederick Nissan won (which by the way had the SICKEST widebody 350Z I have seen in quite some time ).

I have to say this is getting pretty nuts man, I have well over 2 times the car value in that car & just added a small fortune in kick @$$ Audio/interior mods and can't even place in a show....
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 04-24-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:46 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BamBam
Thanks guys for the congrats. I have been working pretty hard on this for the last 6 months... I am glad everyone likes the results so far. I still have a few more mods to finish in the next couple of months.

Ron, I did not get anything for any class..... Not even a third place man....

They gave me some award for Graphics. The emotion team took just about everything related to Asian Imports: Hondas, Nissan, Acura, Lexus, Mazda.... But they had like 20 + members there too... And what they did not take, Frederick Nissan won (which by the way had the SICKEST widebody 350Z I have seen in quite some time ).

I have to say this is getting pretty nuts man, I have well over 2 times the car value in that car & just added a small fortune in kick @$$ Audio/interior mods and can't even place in a show....
--B
WTF?? I know I may sound like a broken record but your car is awesome and it looks like the work behind the seats is equally impressive.

Should be interesting down here at Orlando HIN in July.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by roncfpz
WTF?? I know I may sound like a broken record but your car is awesome and it looks like the work behind the seats is equally impressive.

Should be interesting down here at Orlando HIN in July.
Yea man... I am not sure what the deal was. I know there are a lot of local guys (VA, MD, DC) with some hot stuff and I know Emotion has a lot of it...
I don't know. I got a copy of the rule book this weekend, I will read it this week and see what I can come up with.

Weird thing was, I asked the judge when he was reviewing my car what I could do to improve it for judging... He said debadge it, replace the wheel (but I need an airbag) and maybe put some a couple of accent lights in. Nothing else came to his mind unless I wanted to weigh it down with tons of I.C.E....
Old 04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Weird thing was, I asked the judge when he was reviewing my car what I could do to improve it for judging... He said debadge it, replace the wheel (but I need an airbag) and maybe put some a couple of accent lights in. Nothing else came to his mind unless I wanted to weigh it down with tons of I.C.E....
OMG-I cant believe you didnt even place thats crazy. Basically the judge is telling you to rice out your car, thats why I think shows are ghey as $Hit, its about taking your car and impressing others with it. I build my car for me not for some a$$clown looking for strobes everywhere Keep up the good work Brent...
Old 04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
hurahn

Yea man... I am not sure what the deal was. I know there are a lot of local guys (VA, MD, DC) with some hot stuff and I know Emotion has a lot of it...
I don't know. I got a copy of the rule book this weekend, I will read it this week and see what I can come up with.

That is ghey. These daayum car shows are outta control. They stopped interesting me years ago when you had to start turning your car into a trailer queen to win. What's the point of having a kicka$$ and not drive it?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
PumpedVA

+1 on telling you to rice your car out. 86 that bro.

man I wish I could have did that show with ya
Old 04-25-2006, 06:57 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I enjoy going to shows because I can hang out with other car enthusiasts, have a good time, pick up ideas, etc... and oh yeah the bikinii contests. It's alot of the same reasons I mostly enjoy this forum. It's really not about winning or placing at the shows....that's a bonus. Of course you'll have those folks that are very serious about winning and that's okay. I've seen some very nice looking cars at shows with lots of HP and they're driven.......sorry but not "ghey."

Also, don't think it's possible for Brent to "rice up" his car since he has over 500hp at the wheels. I think that term is thrown around inappropriately by many folks. If you go on some of the exotic car forums many of them think ALL of our cars are rice.

Respectfully,
Ron
Old 04-25-2006, 08:24 AM
BamBam

Guys don't worry I have not intention of turning the car into a 'Show' car.

The car is meant for driving. It's a car after all. I am only trying to improve it and make it more mine. Apparently, the NCCA (??) feels that with all the mods I have, I belong in the WILD category and that category is made mostly of show cars and professional companies. I can't/won't compete at that level so not much can be done at this point.

I am glad everyone (read most people) like what I have done with the car and I still intend to continue pushing the power envelope. Not much else needs to be done with the interior (CF touchups maybe in some places) and the audio is DONE.

I like going to the shows and hanging out. I have to say without the hanging out/drinking with my friends, it would definitely be boring to me. BUT I like to have people appreciate the time and work I have put into the car. I guess I sort of see the Awards as an appreciation for all the time effort I have put into my car. I am not crazy about winning, but I certainly like to know my car was recognized for being special.

So now, back to concentrating on completing my new engine build and getting more seat time this summer in my baby.

Peace,
--B
Old 04-25-2006, 08:37 AM
hurahn

Guys don't worry I have not intention of turning the car into a 'Show' car.

The car is meant for driving. It's a car after all. I am only trying to improve it and make it more mine. Apparently, the NCCA (??) feels that with all the mods I have, I belong in the WILD category and that category is made mostly of show cars and professional companies. I can't/won't compete at that level so not much can be done at this point.

I am glad everyone (read most people) like what I have done with the car and I still intend to continue pushing the power envelope. Not much else needs to be done with the interior (CF touchups maybe in some places) and the audio is DONE.

I like going to the shows and hanging out. I have to say without the hanging out/drinking with my friends, it would definitely be boring to me. BUT I like to have people appreciate the time and work I have put into the car. I guess I sort of see the Awards as an appreciation for all the time effort I have put into my car. I am not crazy about winning, but I certainly like to know my car was recognized for being special.

So now, back to concentrating on completing my new engine build and getting more seat time this summer in my baby.

Peace,
--B
Well, I like your car but still think car shows are ghey. Off topic--I'm nixing the GT factory door idea but I still want to install my CF door panels. Can they made to fit reasonably well and how are yours holding up to day to day stuff?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:51 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by hurahn
Well, I like your car but still think car shows are ghey. Off topic--I'm nixing the GT factory door idea but I still want to install my CF door panels. Can they made to fit reasonably well and how are yours holding up to day to day stuff?
The GT factory CF door panels hold up to daily use fine. no dings or anything... but fitment is still crap. Unless you get a different set then I did the mold must be crap and it has a lot of gaps along the window seal, side view mirror, needs some adjustment around the door handle and the speaker areas.

Good luck with whatever you decide man. I still say the CF panels look AWESOME until you get real close.
--B
Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 AM
hurahn

until you get real close.
--B
LOL
Old 04-25-2006, 11:49 AM
pearlcoupeg35

CAR SHOWS = Who you know!

BamBam, your car is unreal man. It should def have taken an award or two at HIN...but Team Emotion likes to clean-up on awards for some reason? Im not sure if its because of their cars (very very sick cars) or their sponsors or what, but they sure do know what they are doing...

Keep up the Good work. Your DropTop Z is my fav roadster yet...

Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
rich harris

B- your car is sweet dued...HIN already knows who will win even B4 the show even starts....to Politcal for me, But at the same time, I love to go hang out we my friends and check out the honeys while downing some cold ones .....

just my
Old 04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
BamBam

Pearl: Thanks man.. I truly appreciate the compliments.

Rich: Thanks for the comments. I agree man, I think I would have a lot more fun just hanging out, drinking, and checking the lovelies. Worrying about what people are doing to my car gets in the way of that. (I saw some kid moving my seats back and forth, before he took the top and flung it back into my new fiberglass/speakers behind the seat.. WTF…. He was like, I was just seeing how light it is… I wanted to smack him.) Maybe if this trend continues, I will not show the car anymore, just go to some of the local events as a spectator and have fun without the worries of people damaging it.

Yes, I understand Emotion get a lot of help from their sponsors. Not just in the form of money/parts but also in design direction, display and media coverage. There are definitely advantages to being part of a large recognized and respected team. Not to disrespect their cars or the hard work they have put into them in any way. I’m just trying to understand how a private individual gets compared to professional teams of award winning sponsored cars.

Anyway, enough griping by me. I just want a rule book now, so I know how to play the game. Otherwise, it might be time to consider playing another sport

Last edited by BamBam; 04-25-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
hurahn

Pearl: Thanks man.. I truly appreciate the compliments.

Rich: Thanks for the comments. I agree man, I think I would have a lot more fun just hanging out, drinking, and checking the lovelies. Worrying about what people are doing to my car gets in the way of that. (I saw some kid moving my seats back and forth, before he took the top and flung it back into my new fiberglass/speakers behind the seat.. WTF…. He was like, I was just seeing how light it is… I wanted to smack him.) Maybe if this trend continues, I will not show the car anymore, just go to some of the local events as a spectator and have fun without the worries of people damaging it.

Yes, I understand Emotion get a lot of help from their sponsors. Not just in the form of money/parts but also in design direction, display and media coverage. There are definitely advantages to being part of a large recognized and respected team. Not to disrespect their cars or the hard work they have put into them in any way. I’m just trying to understand how a private individual gets compared to professional teams of award winning sponsored cars.

Anyway, enough griping by me. I just want a rule book now, so I know how to play the game. Otherwise, it might be time to consider playing another sport
What??!?!!! Somebody was touching your damn car!!! Hey man, I have a lot pent of anger so could I be the angry Black man that watches over the Mid Atlantic Z crew cars. That ridiculous. It should be understood that you don't go touching the cars at events like this.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
rich harris

(I saw some kid moving my seats back and forth, before he took the top and flung it back into my new fiberglass/speakers behind the seat.. WTF…. He was like, I was just seeing how light it is… I wanted to smack him.)

UR a bigger man then me cause I would have!!!!!!! I know what you mean but you might want to invest in some kind of dividers to keep the ppl to a distance so they know that they can't cross that line...And if they due
Old 04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by Alberto
OMG-I cant believe you didnt even place thats crazy. Basically the judge is telling you to rice out your car, thats why I think shows are ghey as $Hit, its about taking your car and impressing others with it. I build my car for me not for some a$$clown looking for strobes everywhere Keep up the good work Brent...
couldnt agree with you more....