Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!

Alright guys, as the season is starting back up again and my Baby is coming out from the garage/shop I thought I would post up some of the work that has been done of late... I know a lot of you have seen the doors, interior and seats, but a majority of the work over the winter has been in preparing my car for some serious horsepower this spring/ summer.

With the ultimate goal of over 700whp, Dave & Mike (from Altered Atmosphere) and I have spent the winter planning and building up all the required aspects of the car. We have installed the AAM Spec II Fuel System with external surge tank, AAM True Dual MaxFlow 3" Exhaust with test pipes/open dumps, 1000cc HKS injectors, HKS F-Con Pro with knock/pressure/temp sensors and HKS Navigator to monitor all the engine functions. We have also put some additional cooling into the mix for those hot summers with a new Koyo radiator, custom Oil cooler and the Seibon VT hood to allow some of that hot air to get out.

Obviously to add all of these things we needed to continually monitor and tune the engine to make the most from all of these enhancements. Mike spent several days building the maps required for the various boost settings and fine tuning the maps on their dyno (and better yet on the street for real world partial throttle, smooth driving and actual loads)

As the most recent dyno graphs show, I am getting 503whp (uncorrected) / 452ft-lbs @ 5250 rpm at just over 10 PSI. On pump gas!! Mike tuned this conservatively on the rich side to provide some additional safety for my long road trips up and down the coast. The stability and reliability of this setup can be seen in that I raced the car @ 10 PSI on a Saturday morning at MIR... I then drove from Maryland to Florida (1000 miles) in 16 hours with no problems. After 2 ½ weeks in Florida, I drove the car back from Orlando to New Hampshire (1500 miles) in 4 days, again no problems of any sort. The car drives VERY well and will put the power to the road in a quickness.. IF you need any convincing, ask me for a ride.... I am sure it will impress. Just be prepared to open your wallet when I am done as it will convince you to go FI if you already haven't :O

I have to say that adding the F-Con Pro was a great idea. We were going to do this after I had the new engine built and installed, but Mike and Dave recommended we install it earlier and prove out some of their ideas on the reliability of the current stock engine. This turned out be a really good idea. We have pushed the envelope for a stock engine with the help of the F-Con and Mike has been able to dial in really good partial throttle driving. The response is great and the idle is no different then when we first installed the
Greddy TT. Keep in mind I am running on 1000 cc injectors, that is pretty amazing. I will admit that idle is a bit rougher then a bone stock car... but it is pretty impressive to me that the car has never died on me and balances out so well for such large injectors.

Now, the AAM exhaust.... MY GOD... I absolutely love it... There are a lot of people that say test pipes ruin the deep quality of a decent exhaust. I can say that with mine, I hear nothing raspy and only a strong tone until the wastegates open... Then it just shouts out like a mean ****... Now to me in the car I think this is really nice and gives it an aggressive feel and lets people know the car means business. BUT I have had people driving next to me say it is just LOUD AS H#ll and surprised the $H!T out of them. In the car I don't hear it that way and do not find it at all bad. Also, you can control when the dumps open by throttle modulation and not going WOT unless you want to. As usual
exhaust notes appeal to different people different ways. I love mine and will not change it (unless the Inspection man makes me.. )

So for those of you that go to the track, MIR in particular, or go to the shows expect to see my baby around a lot this summer. Let me know what you think of her, any ideas you might have and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have lots of plans for her this summer and hope to be surprising some people by early fall with some further enhancements. Currently installing custom audio, diff, axels and awaiting custom built engine.

The car will be starting the local season at HIN, April 22 at Dulles Expo Center in Altered Atmosphere's booth. Come out and see her.

See you all around town guys.

--B

PS. I will be adding the Dyno graph and video clips for the exhaust tone soon.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
mchong75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double post...still no pics and video. SUCKS!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Zexy

Wow, can't wait to check it out once your back in Orlando!

Learn to tame that beast with safety and care.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
denic79

All I have to say is that I saw that car at wicked cas saturday and its sick. You deffintly need to take me for a ride. Nazar said it your going to pick it up wednesday so Im going to try to get up there to see the finished system.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:37 PM
BobbyRitz

Brent-

You (and your checkbook ) are an asset to the Z community.

Thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing you this summer.

Rob
Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
rich harris

Wow......can't wait to see your Z Bam...
Old 04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
norapat01

one picture worth a thousand words.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 PM
BamBam

All, I am sorry about not having pics, I have been waiting to get the photo's of the Dyno graphs. I will post some pics of the overall car, dyno charts, engine bay and exhaust system now.

Thanks for the props guys.

Rich/Zexy: I hope to bring her down again, but it will probably have to wait for a few months. The North East show schedule is going to be pretty hot through June. Maybe if I can find a couple weeks where there are multiple shows I can get her down there for some Orlando/Miami/Tampa events or something.

Denic79: Dude, you have more knowledge of what it looks like then I do. I have not even seen any pics for it in the last 3 weeks. Nazar is sadistic in torturing me like this... No Seriously we think it will increase the effect if I wait until the whole thing is complete before seeing it.
I will be picking the car up Thursday afternoon (20th) and driving it straight to HIN at Dulles for Friday afternoon roll-in. We got the flight schedules mixed up. Nazar said it will be finished late Wednesday night to meet his schedule.

--B

Last edited by BamBam; 04-18-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:07 AM
BamBam

Default Dyno Graphs

OK,

So here are the Dyno Graphs.

Uncorrected: 502hp / 452ft-lbs@5250rpms

SAE corrected: 490hp / 440ft-lbs@5250rpms

--B
Attached Thumbnails Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-dyno1.gif   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-dyno.gif  

Last edited by BamBam; 04-18-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 AM
BamBam

Cool Exterior, Engine, Interior and Exhaust Pictures

Here are some more pictures:
Engine Bay

Interior (before my most current Audio Modifications which are pretty Extensive)

Exterior (at the local airport near AAM with a few of the shops other cars)

Exterior w/ Doors up (Spring Break Nationals in Daytona, FL)

Exhaust (Before the Stage II Racing Fuels system was installed)
I hope you enjoy and see you all soon.
--B
Attached Thumbnails Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-engine-bay.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-interior.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-planes2.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-doors-up.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-complete-3td-exhaust.jpg  

Last edited by BamBam; 04-18-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:29 PM
denic79

I'm going to try to get up there tomorrow night so I can at least see it finished. I'm dyeing to hear it. Too bad I wont be able to get a ride off of you.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
PumpedVA

wonder if those other Z owners were asked before there car's were drove?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:36 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a monster and the exhaust sounds evil when the dump tubes open up on the highway. My car sounds mild next to Brent's.

Awesome power Brent and glad to see that your travels have been safe. Hope to see you down hear again soon. You gotta move down here man. It's actually warm now.

Good luck with the shows! A couple of pics from your Florida tour.
Attached Thumbnails Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-img_1458.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-img_1528.jpg   Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!-img_1392.jpg  

Last edited by roncfpz; 04-18-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

love the painting on the sides
Old 04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Cannysage

holy crap.. you seats are pimp! loving it. Nice work, overall. ^ +2 on the paing job.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
BamBam

Thanks guys for the compliments. Glad you like the direction I am taking it.

Denic: Let me know what you think once you do see it. Nazar sent me some teaser pics... I am SOOO Psyched.. I would love to give you a ride, but not getting her til tomorrow afternoon.

PumpedVa: In that photo, each of the owners was there... Unlike last time :|

Ron: Thanks for the pics and compliments also... You were the first person to tell me that it was that loud. I never realized it was that loud before. Still trying to figure out when I can get the car back down.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i am not really feeling the painting... but you can't put down a car with that much power to back it up
Old 04-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Three5oZee

i love the art work on the side of your ride! sounds like your putting down some good power too.

keep up the fun!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:48 AM
BamBam

Well, I know the artwork is debated by people. But I just won at HIN for it. SO, at least the quality is appreciated by the judges.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by BamBam
Well, I know the artwork is debated by people. But I just won at HIN for it. SO, at least the quality is appreciated by the judges.
Congrats Brent! What class did you win? How was the show?

Quick Reply: Monster Roadster Update...502whp!!