Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

TN instaling in progress.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Three5oZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking TN instaling in progress.....

Recieved TN set up on Monday...spent a few hours fabricating the car.... ie: pulling off front bumper, taking out computer for shipment, draining and bending ac piping, repositioning power steering cooler, injectors replaced and fuel pump conversion..... (that fuel pump conversion was no joke!..mission impossible there)

Tuesday.....all pipework switched over and installed. Intercoolers in position and all pipes connected for exception of the tightn'ing down of the fuel rail the the final connection of the intake inlet pipe leading to the section in front of the fans. Turbo in place and downpipe connected.

Today I hope to finish up my project and should be getting back my computer on Thursday morning.
Is there anything that anyone else would reccomend I do that has crossed the same road im crossing...please speak your mind..............
Old 04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
chimmike

you thought the fuel pump part was hard? Man....I wish you luck on installing all the exhaust piping! LOL!

take your time on piping alignment. Make sure the oil drain fitting stuff is done properly......use a big friggin pry bar, keep the car on jack stands and take the wheels off..........be patient.

Oh, and don't set time deadlines.

Also, make sure you have like 4-5 swivels in both 3/8" and 1/2" drive.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Three5oZee

...Oh yea... just had to add i cant believe they even give you oil. This is the most complete kit i have seen! cant wait to hear it for the first time!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
chimmike

get a good oil filter to go with it, like a k&n
Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Three5oZee

Originally Posted by chimmike
you thought the fuel pump part was hard? Man....I wish you luck on installing all the exhaust piping! LOL!

take your time on piping alignment. Make sure the oil drain fitting stuff is done properly......use a big friggin pry bar, keep the car on jack stands and take the wheels off..........be patient.

Oh, and don't set time deadlines.

Also, make sure you have like 4-5 swivels in both 3/8" and 1/2" drive.

Thanks for the insite... yea i learned when just pulling out the computer that this was going to take major paitence!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Good job so far. Let me know if you hit a snag and I'll see what I can do to help out..
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
chimmike

don't ask Rob, he's a fat skinny!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by chimmike
don't ask Rob, he's a fat skinny!!!
LOL...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Three5oZee

lol... i will post up photos of the work this evening...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome so far man, congrats. I didnt think the fuel pump assembly work was bad at all....worst part imo was the wasegate.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Three5oZee

ok good news bad news......

bad news...i forgot my digital camera to take photos of the work i completed.....

good news...the kit is completed all except for the exhaust linking up to the down pipe. i umm, urr skipped that part and now have to remove the portion connected to the driverside exhaust manifold...(kicks self in a$$)!!!!

anyway...on tomorrow i will reconnect those portions i neglected to install properly. the computer comes back and will go back in and i can finally start the car.

question.... the distance from my boost controler silonoid to the turbo housing and also the wastegate...does the distance matter a great deal on the fact that the hoses run from one side of the engine bay to the other (passenger side to the driverside where the turbo sits)...is that distance too long or should i attempt to splice the wires and connect the silonoid closer to have shorter hoses for quicker responses.....
Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Three5oZee
ok good news bad news......

bad news...i forgot my digital camera to take photos of the work i completed.....

good news...the kit is completed all except for the exhaust linking up to the down pipe. i umm, urr skipped that part and now have to remove the portion connected to the driverside exhaust manifold...(kicks self in a$$)!!!!

anyway...on tomorrow i will reconnect those portions i neglected to install properly. the computer comes back and will go back in and i can finally start the car.

question.... the distance from my boost controler silonoid to the turbo housing and also the wastegate...does the distance matter a great deal on the fact that the hoses run from one side of the engine bay to the other (passenger side to the driverside where the turbo sits)...is that distance too long or should i attempt to splice the wires and connect the silonoid closer to have shorter hoses for quicker responses.....

In theory yes it matters but for this particular case no it shouldn't. Just make sure the lines are routed properly..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
taurran

Good deal! Welcome to the club.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Three5oZee
Is there anything that anyone else would reccomend I do that has crossed the same road im crossing...please speak your mind..............
start using your camera
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Three5oZee

ok cool...yea i know that on the silonoid that the portion that says ON is for the intake side and the side that says COM is for the wastegate side.... great... thats my ending project tomorrow and the computer comes back....cant wait to start the car!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Mahdivr4

sounds like fun!! I can't wait till I get my kit

Hey how hard would you the install was??

Thanks

Mahdi
Old 04-19-2006, 08:15 PM
blackend

good luck with your install and hope everything will go right
Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Three5oZee

ok, sorry for the hold up guys... actually finished the install and all on thursday night....then blew the AC hose that they provide for you in the kit...so now i have to get another one from TN which i assume they will send free of charge.. (hope they give me a longer one so i can reroute it out of the sade wall an then back inside...)

here are some photos of the work in progress as of wednesday and thursday.....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0128.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0126.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0125.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0124.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0123.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0122.jpg

The car runs great... a little vibration because i didnt connect my exhaust to the side of the tranny like they ask...but other than that..its great....

I think im going to buy a little more heat wrap and just wrap the hell outta everything in view!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Three5oZee

..oh yea... the boost is set at 8.5 at about 6500 rpm in my eo-1. i watched the boost topped out on my alarm from the e0-1 at 9.9psi... doesnt seem to spike any further than that...and that was at about 6800 rpm. runs like a champ and i know my car isn't tuned yet either.

any TN reps here that can help me out with that ac hose....

Old 04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
blk180sx

Shoot me your name and address via pm and I'll get one sent out to you.

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.

Quick Reply: TN instaling in progress.....