Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VRT/JWT 800 WHP / One More Time...My Daily.... - :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn wondering on the dyno and debating which car to bring to speedventures, ***** NX2k or My TNz will they alow an enclosed trailer at the track?!?!? with sleeping area? store my z and myself inside
Old 04-21-2006, 02:34 PM
RageWoRX

Well as far as the fuel pump/injector issues ....

I'm assuming that they are at least running a Walbro GSS340 255L/hr High Pressure Pump (Walbro's highest output pump or it was anyway) with probly some upgraded wiring (I hope) for the pump harness seeing as most stock pump wiring can exhibit up to a 25% drop in fuel pump volume because of losses in the cheap wiring.

From what I can gather they are running some sort of an FMU (not sure what A/F ratio its at) in combination with some sort of Voltage Boost A Pump system (can increase the fuel pump capacity up to 50% the Cobra guys love them .) Which might actually be one contained unit. So with the BAP adding any where from 1%-50% (usally 50% is pushing it) to the capacity of the Walbro it is theoretically possible for that single pump to flow more fuel for increased whp than it could before the BAP system. Now is it really a great idea to push the Walbro that hard .... who knows I probly wouldn't do it but alot of the 03-04 Cobra guys spraying big shots (150 shot+ plus running almost 20 psi of boost) swear by thier BAP systems since they can make thier stock pump/pumps flow more than most aftermarket setups.

Now the injectors .... there is always the good old forumla The square root of (new pressure/old pressure) * stock flow rate.. Since they said they aren't using 1000cc injectors to achieve thier 800+ whp I would assume they are increasing the pressure to compensate for the smaller size of thier injectors to supply enough fuel for thier goals (again this depends on the size they are actually using that would dictate the need for added pressure if any ... but it has to be 700cc + at least).

an example:
At 80 psi (a 1.46 ratio) of pressure you can theorectically make a 382cc out of a rated 260cc injector ....... or a 750cc into a theoretical 1095cc. Now I don't know if they are running as high as 80 psi so I don't know the actual numbers in thier case.

However at around 90psi Walbros have been know to fail and at around 100psi injector lockup can occur sometimes even sooner.

So again would I do these things ... probly not but they have been done for some time now as these are not new concepts. They are ways of getting increased potential from a fuel system but at the same time they stress all the components more so than a system that is "over built" for the Power goals so yeah its a risk I don't care who you are. True your Fuel Pump isn't always maxed out and only has to flow at such a high rate for short bursts .. but again it can sometimes get iffy .... its the what if factor and its increased 10 fold.

Sooo ... I'm not even really sure this is what they are doing with their "Top Secret" fuel setup but logic whould lead me to believe at least some of my guesses are true in thier case. Mabey some of the VRT boys can help me with that one. I like some others have many more questions about this setup so I guess we will just have to wait for the article

I am also a bit skeptical of the results that were posted .... but in truth I would love for them to be true and I'm not nessiarly saying they aren't.
In the end if what they are doing (or any other shop for that matter) provides the community with more valuable R&D than its all good .

-Jon

Last edited by RageWoRX; 04-21-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
faster than u

can some one put this on street fire so i can see im going crazy and want to see this
Old 04-21-2006, 06:22 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by mraturbo
THANKS PHILTHY. At least when we say we make huge power WE HAVE A CAR, DYNO, and VIDEO THAT AT LEAST EXIST....

Appreciate your feedback. As mentioned, Sports Compact is doing an article so we will let them tell the entire story. Show up at Spring Mountain Raceway and I will be happy for you to drive the car.

HATING OR NOT HATING...All good. We have been hated on since day one...NOTHING NEW...Everyone scratching their heads saying blah blah blah...Cussing, your this sucks, your videos suck, your whatever...Thanks for the confidence. We are still having fun. And for absolute certain, it is a daily driven car. What do you think I do????? - have my 800 WHP motor with crazy fuel system and swap it with my 500 WHP motor when I want to drive the streets? No simply, when I am driving at 500 WHP, I turn the boost controller OFF.

To repeat,

It is a 3.5-liter VQ35 - Not a 3.8 or a 4.3, or a V8 or whatever...
No Sleeves
Stock fuel rail with larger injectors
Walbro pump in stock location
JWT FMU (boost fuel pressure regulator)
No fuel return
Split Second - Same as in JWT kit
Piping - Same as in the standard JWT kit
Using Garret GT28R ball bearing (called BB700) turbos - the BB530s are used in the JWT standard kit.
Modified JWT kit (only changed manifolds. I added the sinlge SFR/Spearco intercooler-not for power yet because I have a single opening front end -The JWT G35 intercoolers would be fine for this and any application)

See you at the track.
M

Michael,

Are you saying that this stock VQ35DE does not use sleeves how is that possible, short of recasting a newly designed block? Or did Nissan come up with a new block design for the 350Z? Can't wait to see how that is done.

Wow that's amazing

G
Old 04-21-2006, 06:57 PM
chimmike

he's saying it's a stock 350z block with pistons and rods, there are no aftermarket sleeves installed.
lol.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 PM
theking

BAP + Walbro = Fun Times(but dangerous) His numbers are very believable. With huge BAP voltages(aka Split Second) this can be done on one single Walbro. I have a brother-in-law with an 03 Cobra to prove it(I still shake my head when he tells me what he's running since two Focus SVT pumps fit right into his stock housing).
Old 04-21-2006, 07:48 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone Help Me View This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RnRRacing
Michael, I think all of the Internet would love some videos of your VRT 800hp G35 vs. RnR 800hp EVO. I think it would make for some great entertainment for sure. We could do some highways pulls so it would be more even then going from a stop.
What a great idea!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Subscribing for interest...
Philthy, you are in central Jersey? Drop me a line one day, I would love to see what you have going on..
Old 04-23-2006, 06:27 AM
backagain

Originally Posted by faster than u
can some one put this on street fire so i can see im going crazy and want to see this

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...ED0836AD9B.htm
Old 04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
failsafe306

pimpin fo fo's........

Just curious, and I might have missed this somewhere, but what exhaust are you running?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:55 PM
SBT

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...9C733A2BC5.htm

i dont understand why people care about looking at a speedometer on a dyno

can't you set the resistance anyway?

not to say it doesn't look cool, if anything
Old 04-23-2006, 03:08 PM
G352NV

Originally Posted by failsafe306
pimpin fo fo's........

Just curious, and I might have missed this somewhere, but what exhaust are you running?
I think I read in another post hes running a stock exhaust.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:53 PM
bacalhau16

what an awesome thread. I understand some people's not believing in all. but im sure all questions will be answered once the article is out!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:16 PM
rkd350z

Amazed
Old 04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by G352NV
I think I read in another post hes running a stock exhaust.
Not even close to being possible on a stock exhaust..I would think he needs a minimum of a 3" exhaust to flow enough air for 800hp.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
bacalhau16

there was a post about switching an injen ses to the vrt 3" and it gained a lot of hp and torque with a new tune on a customers car.

i dont think any of these numbers would be possible with a stock exhaust.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
there was a post about switching an injen ses to the vrt 3" and it gained a lot of hp and torque with a new tune on a customers car.

i dont think any of these numbers would be possible with a stock exhaust.
That was my car. The exhaust wasn't a VRT exhaust but the SVRTechnologies 3" dual. The names are close, but they are two completely different companies. The switch and re-tune gained 20 something whp and 72wtq.

I may be wrong, but I think that Mr.A's G still has the stock exhaust. At least it did last I heard. I should have looked yesterday at the track.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:25 PM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Not even close to being possible on a stock exhaust..I would think he needs a minimum of a 3" exhaust to flow enough air for 800hp.
with a cut-out after the down pipe, I think he can
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
with a cut-out after the down pipe, I think he can
Thats not a stock exhaust..

Quick Reply: VRT/JWT 800 WHP / One More Time...My Daily.... - :)