Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Fuel smell present after AAM RFS install without evidence of fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006 | 08:10 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
check and see if's it's where you tapped into the stock hard line. first place I would look
that it what i had in mind evenhthough i have no evidence of dripping.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:12 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by westpak
If the big oring was not sealing you would also get fuel leakage when filling it up.
i am not leaking there from what i can see but i will inspect further when i have time.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:13 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Check the feed line to the engine compartment and the pressure regulator fittings...My fuel line had a hole in it and was leaking right next to my red hot exhaust manifolds!!Glad I found it..The symptoms were I would smell fuel when I got in the car in the morning and pulled from my garage..I checked the garage floor and there were a few small droplets of fuel.But I was smelling the fumes bad.And remember the fuels are what is flammable
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:23 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Check the feed line to the engine compartment and the pressure regulator fittings...My fuel line had a hole in it and was leaking right next to my red hot exhaust manifolds!!Glad I found it..The symptoms were I would smell fuel when I got in the car in the morning and pulled from my garage..I checked the garage floor and there were a few small droplets of fuel.But I was smelling the fumes bad.And remember the fuels are what is flammable
i guess i should get my car in the air sooner than later. i am sure i am not dripping fuel. i check my garage floor every day after i pull out as well as when i pull out of parking spaces, no leaks. the smell of fuel in my car is negligible, pretty much non-existent. smell is stong just in the garage.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:32 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by vitaminZ
. smell is stong just in the garage.
Thats where mine was most noticable, especially at first start up..Could be leaking form the injectors and fuel rails also, did you pressurize the system prior to putting the lower plenum back on? I would check it asap, fuel leaks are not to be taken lightly..Why do you think Nissan recalled 10,000 Z's?lol
Old 04-25-2006 | 05:11 PM
vitaminZ

Took a another look at everything that is easily viewable. i still noticed no leaking. Did the sniff test! lol put my nose close to the fuel rails, FPR and hoses to the rails and FPR while the car was running, nada. the factory hard line i can see okay from the top, i didn't notice anything wrong. i need to take a closer look at it from the bottom. Checked the rear passenger side where the return line routes up to the Fuel Pump, nada as well.

One positve thing i noticed was that the fuel smell has died down alot. my room mate agreed with me on this. i have had the RFS installed for one week and two days.