Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AAM Oil Pan Spacer/Greddy TT - Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Yancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAM Oil Pan Spacer/Greddy TT - Help

My car is in the shop getting the finishing touches of a long block build, plus some. I bought the AAM oil pan spacer and return line kit from Sharif for my Greddy TT Z. The AAM spacer has bungs for the return line, but I got a call today from the shop asking for my stock oil pan to use with the spacer because, I guess, the Greddy oil pan also has bungs for the lines.

1. What is everyone else doing that is using the AAM oil pan spacer?
2. How does (or does) the Greddy oil pan work with the spacer? What to do about the Greddy oil pan bungs?
3. Is there a difference in oil capacity between the stock oil pan and the Greddy oil pan?

Thanks guys.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yancy
My car is in the shop getting the finishing touches of a long block build, plus some. I bought the AAM oil pan spacer and return line kit from Sharif for my Greddy TT Z. The AAM spacer has bungs for the return line, but I got a call today from the shop asking for my stock oil pan to use with the spacer because, I guess, the Greddy oil pan also has bungs for the lines.

1. What is everyone else doing that is using the AAM oil pan spacer?
2. How does (or does) the Greddy oil pan work with the spacer? What to do about the Greddy oil pan bungs?
3. Is there a difference in oil capacity between the stock oil pan and the Greddy oil pan?

Thanks guys.
Hi Yancy, glad everything is coming along nicely!

1) If you use the oil pan spacer, then it's best to dig your OEM oil pan and use that. If you dont have your OEM oil pan, you can order one from Nissan for about $45. If you dont want to purchase a new oil pan, you can plug/weld the bungs on the Greddy oil pan.

2) See above.

3) No. With the AAM spacer, you will use roughly 5.5-5.75qts during a typical oil change (1 qt greater than stock).

Hope that helps.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Yancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hi Yancy, glad everything is coming along nicely!

1) If you use the oil pan spacer, then it's best to dig your OEM oil pan and use that. If you dont have your OEM oil pan, you can order one from Nissan for about $45. If you dont want to purchase a new oil pan, you can plug/weld the bungs on the Greddy oil pan.

2) See above.

3) No. With the AAM spacer, you will use roughly 5.5-5.75qts during a typical oil change (1 qt greater than stock).

Hope that helps.
Thanks Sharif. Yeah, the guys from the shop called back and said that they had a stock oil pan there and they used that one instead of the Greddy oil pan. Thanks again. It sounds like things are getting close