Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

best turbo kit on mostly stock engine??!?! Daily driven

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APS ST eliminates cats as well. If emissions is a main concern, get a TT kit, but use test pipes and swap out to cats when you go for a smog test. You will have much more fun without cats . That or you could wait for the TN thing that Alberto was talking about.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:09 AM
mario23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me its about the price. If that wasn't an issue, I would get the TT.
That's just my opinion. I think the ST is nice and has great potential and the price makes even more attractive. It seems to me that the TT has greater power potential (HP as opposed to Torque) but I could be reading to much into that.
Right now, I like the APS, but who knows what I will end up with.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ What do you mean wait for the TN thing? You get it immediately with your kit, or you order it if you bought a catless kit. BTW-nice job being in Modified, I was in the library (my bathroom) the other day dropping a deuce and I was like "oh $hit I know this guy from the boards" congrats....
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto
^^ What do you mean wait for the TN thing? You get it immediately with your kit, or you order it if you bought a catless kit. BTW-nice job being in Modified, I was in the library (my bathroom) the other day dropping a deuce and I was like "oh $hit I know this guy from the boards" congrats....
Oops, I read your last post too fast and though it said that they will offer a downpipe with cat. My bad. Thanks for the props on the mag. I am glad it made your deuce a little more enjoyable lol .
Old 05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
r3v

subscribing
Old 05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Oops, I read your last post too fast and though it said that they will offer a downpipe with cat. My bad. Thanks for the props on the mag. I am glad it made your deuce a little more enjoyable lol .
What up MB?

M
Old 05-13-2006, 07:34 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

TT will be safer on your engine. All about airflow. You will also get your value out of it to!

EDIT: The safest kit hands down is PE TT kit.

Last edited by InjectedPerformance; 05-13-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Primo8998
TT will be safer on your engine. All about airflow. You will also get your value out of it to!

EDIT: The safest kit hands down is PE TT kit.
Why?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Why?
It is the only kit that needs no tuning. Amazing isn't.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Primo8998
It is the only kit that needs no tuning. Amazing isn't.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:20 AM
dank311

I am also doing tons of research on each turbo kit for the VQ. I have been researching for the last 6 months. It seems that all the kits will be needing a tune. I wouldnt trust any base tune/reflash that comes with any of the kits. Every engine is different as well as the location and gas variables. Since our engines have decently high compression, I wouldnt chance it. I would do it right the first time and get it professional tuned on a dyno.

What I am really interested in finding out is how the motor reacts to each kits design differences. I really wish the Greddy and turbonetics kits came with dual ball bearing, water/oil cooled turbos. I have heard some negative things about mitsubishi turbos as weel as turbonetics turbos. None of these comments were from this board, but from some 240sx and other honda owners. For me, price is a big factor, but at the same time I dont want to cheap out. I would rather take the time and save my money and do everything right the first time. Therefore, I am trying to find the best engineered kit, that will fit my power levels while being cost effective. BTW, it isnt going so well..hehe. Personally, I am leaning towards the JWT, greddy, or Turbonetics.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:46 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I can verify that at stock boost the PE TT kit is safe without a tune. Cut and dried. Boocoo street daily driven under all conditions without a tune. No problem. BTW, a member has a complete new kit for sale on this board for a reduced price in the classified.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:04 AM
taurran

Actually, my Turbonetics reflash has proven to be entirely safe in all conditions I have thrown at it. This includes boost settings between 7-10psi, temps up to 110 with high humidity, temps in the 30s, rush hour traffic, highway driving, "spirited" street driving, the drag strip, and autocross...

The only thing I've had some issues with has been my Blitz boost controller, which isn't even really part of the kit.

Some folks have had issues with the reflash for different reasons. It seems to mainly be issues due to improper install, and just unexplainable differences from car to car. This shows that no out of the box tune will be entirely safe in every instance.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default Pe Tt

Originally Posted by gringott
I can verify that at stock boost the PE TT kit is safe without a tune. Cut and dried. Boocoo street daily driven under all conditions without a tune. No problem. BTW, a member has a complete new kit for sale on this board for a reduced price in the classified.

PE TT proven and tested!!!! by GRIGOTT!!!!Over 20K and no problems now that it is a real test, You will not brake the horse power record or the sound barrier with the PE TT, but at 4.5psi (350hp) and no tuning proven by GRIGOTT that makes the PE TT the safest kit on the market

I just bought the PETT for my new 2006 rev-up 350Z, I am hopping that I do not need to modified anything on the car (steering column).

Cesar
Ex 2004 APS TT owner (GREAT KIT) BELOW