Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VRT/JWT G35 in Sport Compact Car Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievable.....there was no RobiSpec Evo out there that I saw. Haters that can't back up what they say are the worst. I think Philthy needs to come to a track day and see what is up.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
How are you Philthy? Hope to meet you someday...
Doing well, thanks - and you... I'm going to be out your way soon, what's your shop address, maybe I'll stop by...
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Nils lives in Vegas doesn't he?

Philthy - What is your deal with this? Who cares if Nils in his EVO was faster than Mike in his G35? Nils is probably a much superior driver with a better setup car. Horsepower doesn't mean as much as you are making it sound on the track, especially at the long version of Spring Mountain. Anyways, I am sure he will be at LVMS in a few weeks and so will the VRT cars so you can have your little showdown if you want. Nils is faster than me by a longshot I will admit that right of the bat. I would have thought his car had at least 400awhp.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Navygolf13

I have the time sheets and I will try and scan and post them, becuase as you said Ed the only one faster was the Terry's Vette. I will see what I can do tonight.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Nils lives in Vegas doesn't he?

Philthy - What is your deal with this? Who cares if Nils in his EVO was faster than Mike in his G35?
I'm not the one touting on the internet that I'm beating cars that in the real world your not... Stop with the talking smack already! And yes, Nils is a bass asre driver and YES Robispec does take exception with VRT posting that their beating their cars, when they're not.

VRT has built some fast cars, why not just leave it at that and stop trying to bash anything and everything else - Ferrari Killer, Evo Killer, etc...
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Who cares!??? Its going to be a pissing match until the end. There are so many things that can factor lap times at a track. The track layout, the driver, the weather, the car, the condition of the tires, and so on so on. I am so sick of all of this BS, my car is faster than this car, this car is faster than your car. Screw time sheets, video, and all of this he said, she said sh*t! I don't know about you guys, but I go out to the track to have fun driving my car without a care in the world how many other cars its faster or slower than. If I wanted the fastest car, I would hand the driving off to someone more skilled than I and get lap times that way.

Philthy - I admire your admiration to try and find a car that has been proven faster than Mike's G35, but what does it really matter to you? Do you lose sleep at night over it?

mraturbo - You don't have the fastest car in the world, period. You and I both know that and the people that know you are aware that you know that. Honestly sometimes the way you type things, it sounds like you think you do. Those of us that know you are aware that you don't think like this and are more humble than not. When you say that your car can pass a Ford GT500, people like Philthy take this comment VERY seriously.

Hell, even I get a little defensive to people like Philthy, but I have to remember that they don't know us, they have never seen the cars, and they have no clue what the true capabilities of our cars, or even the cars we pass are.

Point being, there is now way to honestly tell which car is faster than which in an HPDE situation. You can make a good guess, but there are WAY more important factors than horsepwer like handling, driver, and tires.

Now I am not choosing sides with anybody on any matter. I am out there for myself and myself only. This is my hobby, its what I do for FUN.

At the very root of all of this is probably a little miscommunication. One person views a statement one way and the other views it another way. When its all said and done, nothing has been accomplished and everybody is pissed off. So in conclusion....

mraturbo - You and Scott build very fast cars, there is no doubt about that. You are also very educated and knowlegable about the cars you build. Take your accomplishments with VRT and be proud of them like I know you are. There will always be someone faster and someone who doesn't believe.

Philthy - There are cars that are faster than these cars. In fact, there are probably tons of them. What VRT is doing to these cars, somebody else is doing to EVOs, STIs, and everything else. Knowing the guys at VRT I can tell you that they are fully aware that there are many faster cars out there. All that they want to show the Z/G community is that our cars can be right up there in the mix. Nobody else is doing that with the Z/G.

So, play nice everybody
Old 05-25-2006, 01:38 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Philthy
VRT has built some fast cars, why not just leave it at that...
And Thanks for the compliments Philthy...That White Evo was fast... 7 seconds faster than my G at Spring Mountain...We weren't in Red that day for it was filled with nothing but RADICALS...Yet our video was taken at Willow Springs were higher WHP matters. Spring Mountain is very tight and for most of us it was our first trip to Spring Mountain with the expansion...

Taking nothing away from the Robospec Evo, the car and driver are very fast and we will look forward to Vegas... haven't ran at that track so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

See you in Las Vegas in two weeks? I would love to see more and more Zs and Gs out at the track for sure...
M

PS: Perfectly Said MB...
You are also very educated and knowlegable about the cars you build. Take your accomplishments with VRT and be proud of them like I know you are. There will always be someone faster and someone who doesn't believe.

Last edited by mraturbo; 05-25-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

So, play nice everybody
I thought we were playing nice already... Honestly, well said. I have just been trying to put things into perspective - you've seemed to sum it up nicely.

I'm good friends with Robert, and just found it hysterical that one of his cars was begin called out by VRT.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
mraturbo
Banned

I thought we were playing nice already... Honestly, well said. I have just been trying to put things into perspective - you've seemed to sum it up nicely.

I'm good friends with Robert, and just found it hysterical that one of his cars was begin called out by VRT.
I LOVE YOU PHILTHY...Let me know if you want to come to Vegas for the weekend for this event. I will Spring for a Southwest Airline Ticket for you if you give me enough advance so the ticket doesn't cost me an arm and a leg...Your other expenses are on you though...LOVE THIS GUY...

Saturday and Sunday at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway; June 10th& 11th, 2006
Old 05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

No worries.

Not to stir sh*t up again, but I though you were the one who brought up the RobiSpec EVO? Anyways, tell Robert to look at it this way, the only reason that his EVO made it into the video is because it was the sickest and fastest one that we have seen. To me, thats a compliment.

On another note, the way that you make Robert sound, he is just like you thing Mr.A is. He knows nothing of VRT or thier cars so why is he pissed that he was "called out"? Does he think that his cars are un-beatable? I am not trying to stir the pot, I am just curious. The only reason I am asking is because I would like to meet this Nils guy face to face and hopefully get some good driving tips from him, especially since he is local to me. But if he and RobiSpec are the kind of guys that will hold a grudge, then I am not even going to bother.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I LOVE YOU PHILTHY...Let me know if you want to come to Vegas for the weekend for this event. I will Spring for a Southwest Airline Ticket for you if you give me enough advance so the ticket doesn't cost me an arm and a leg...Your other expenses are on you though...LOVE THIS GUY...

Saturday and Sunday at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway; June 10th& 11th, 2006
Ok now here is what I am talking about lol. To you and I, this sounds like an invite to show Philthy what we are all about and get to know him. To him, this probably sounds like you are calling him out in a bad way.

So Philthy, knowing Mr. A he is not calling you out, rather giving you the opportunity to really get an idea of what VRT and their cars are all about. Please do not take this any way other than that. He is very proud of what he has done with these cars and loves to show them off.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Navygolf13

LOL...we need a mediator now? I think this whole thing is pretty funny. We all need to go to the track and drive and have a good time......Cant we all just get along????
Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
LOL...we need a mediator now? I think this whole thing is pretty funny. We all need to go to the track and drive and have a good time......Cant we all just get along????
I am serious...I LOVE THIS GUY PHILTHY...

As far as I am concerend, he can sit shotgun in my G. Maybe we will be fast, maybe not, regardless there will be faster cars whatever the case...

Perhaps it will be Sooo damn hot we all just get drunk around the hotel pool and play craps all night...I am not a fan of Killig My Car in 110 degree weather so we will see.

At any rate, PM me Philthy if you would like to join us. I will fly you out if you wish on SW Air...

AND Thanks for the translation MB, you do know me and my intentions...Not to be an as*h*le, just a good sport.

It is great seeing and competing with fast cars wether they are Porsche, Vettes, Evos, or whatever..., just wish more Z and Gs would go to the track to have fun!

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 05-25-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:51 PM
VegasZ35TH

This has definitely been an amusing thread. When I my becomes complete then there will be one more Z available to be taken to the track.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:58 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by VegasZ35TH
This has definitely been an amusing thread. When I my becomes complete then there will be one more Z available to be taken to the track.
Your license plate is perfect for the occasion...working on your car and it will be complete for the Vegas Event SB...

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 05-25-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

I LOVE YOU PHILTHY...
Yeah, easy now - I'm straight... lol

Thanks for the offer, and I could never except you paying for my flight, maybe a beer... The next couple of weeks I'm spending getting my new motor in my G35...

I'm a New Yorker, and I must admit I do come off a bit sarcastic at times, that's becuase I really am but not in the harmful kind of way - we'll have a bunch of fun when we finally meet up... I can also take it very well, so don't be bashful...

On a side note, the Robispec Buschur car is kick **** and taking names - that's the car to watch out for.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Navygolf13

So, Philthy are you ever going to come out and see what is up?? We need to get a track for all the Z's and G's so everyone can see all the different stuff done and hang out....too bad the tracks around SEMA are not going to work. Unless you guys found something else out....
Old 05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Yeah, easy now - I'm straight... lol

Thanks for the offer, and I could never except you paying for my flight, maybe a beer... The next couple of weeks I'm spending getting my new motor in my G35...

I'm a New Yorker, and I must admit I do come off a bit sarcastic at times, that's becuase I really am but not in the harmful kind of way - we'll have a bunch of fun when we finally meet up... I can also take it very well, so don't be bashful...

On a side note, the Robispec Buschur car is kick **** and taking names - that's the car to watch out for.
Is it the White Car? Robispec Buschur? Not sure if we have seen this? Is it a streetcar? Full Race...

Remember, My G35C still has the stock leather seats with heaters, Air, Stereo with 12 inch woofers and Macintosh Amp...

If it is full race, he better be faster than my G on a course with alot of twisties!

Sorry to hear you can't make it to Vegas...We will be there if you change your mind.

M
Old 05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
So, Philthy are you ever going to come out and see what is up?? We need to get a track for all the Z's and G's so everyone can see all the different stuff done and hang out....too bad the tracks around SEMA are not going to work. Unless you guys found something else out....
A bunch of us still want to keep this idea going for sure. Unortunately we will most likely have to wait until 2007 as most tracks are already booked for the year. We will also have to establish some sort of company name and maybe even a website so that we come off as a credible organization. I got shot down at LVMS because I wasn't with a company that specializes in track events. It will take some time, but we will do it.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike, if we put up the cars I bet Aaron would do it from Speedventures for us. No need to put up our own organization. We just "rent" his company to sponsor, give him enough as a businessman to make it worth his while, and everybody is HAPPY with a super track day.

Quick Reply: VRT/JWT G35 in Sport Compact Car Magazine