Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Dirty Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mistaboosta
Here is some update,

I had already posted another topic about my car sputtering at high rpms (actually after 6000 rpm). It looked like a ignition thing. Yesterday I was on the highway with a friend. He was checking my maps etc. Suddenly while the car was rolling down on the road @ neutral gear, it died. I tried to start it again but it wouldn't. First thing i thought was the engine going bad but there were no smoke or oil on the road behind. So I pulled on the emergency line and tried to start the car a few times. At last the car started and suprisingly the CEL was gone. We started driving again and this time i tried to rev the car to 7200 @ wot. It was reving nicely until 7200 and this only happened after the CEL was gone. I also installed a ATS clutch yesterday and made sure that the new flywheel is installed correctly to eliminate another possibility.
So has you light gone away for good? Or still coming back ?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:42 AM
mistaboosta

unfortunately it came back...

At high rpms the car goes uber rich whatever i do. Even while the stock ecu is in control and the car is off-boost, after 6000 rpm, the AFRs are below 11.0:1 .
Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my car wont start sometimes, as well as the guy who had my motor in his G before. it takes a little bit of time every once in a while after i drive it hard and then turn it off.

will you post up a nice log in 4th gear from 3000 to rev limit,

i will compare them to my datalog and see how it looks

my car is running perfect, with one street tune run i managed (somehow) to get my AFR from 10.8 to 11.4 along the whole RPM range. will be leveling that out today...
Old 07-14-2006, 02:52 AM
mistaboosta

that can be because of colder plugs. my car doesnt start if i dont blip on the throttle when it is hot, no matter how long i crank it. When it's cold, it starts instantly.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
mistaboosta

ok here is an update,

we pulled out the engine yesterday and today i uninstalled the front timing case. Ta-Da! the main timing chain was not in correct position. The orange link on that should match with the sign on the crankshaft was 1 teeth ahead!

I strongly believe that the problem of my car was because of this "little" mistake done by my ex-mechanic. Anyway, I'll let u know when the car is ready to drive (which will take 2 weeks as I'm installing new heads, bearings etc)
Old 08-30-2006, 03:21 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good find.

Hopefully this has been the cause of all your issues.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:24 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
my car wont start sometimes, as well as the guy who had my motor in his G before. it takes a little bit of time every once in a while after i drive it hard and then turn it off.
Maybe start a new thread for this issue, I have the same behaviour and would be interested to see if others do as well.

Ive made some changes to the tune and it sounds better at idle but havnt driven enough to test if its worked.

Are you running a UTEC?

Last edited by mchapman; 08-30-2006 at 05:45 PM.