Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ConsumerGuide: SuperCharger in 2006 Model

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 10:24 AM
socalsoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura? Do they still make cars?

I disagree, what is good for Dodge is not necessarily good for Nissan. Yes, Dodge did it with the Viper, but Dodge had nothing to loose. Chrysler didn't have an upscale division that was in the middle of a renaissance... Nissan does. Infiniti is on the verge of being a serious luxury division against Lexus and Mercedes... In my opinion this car could help push them over the top.
If Toyota's marketing division would have followed dodge's lead (wouldn't that have been sad), then the SC430 would have been a Toyota here in the US, and the Lexus brand would have been without it's major image car.
Demographics are very relevant here. I am sure the Nissan buyer is totally different than the Infiniti buyer. If Nissan is smart they will market a $60,000 car to someone who can afford afford it, and I would point the car more in the direction of Infiniti. Nissan has an image car, the Z. By adding a supercharger or TT they will reinforce that. Infiniti is in need of an Image car... The G35 has been successful, but in NO way does it compare to a Lexus sport coupe or a Mercedes. This in no-way is fact, this is opinion... If Nissan is smart it will prop up its luxury division, that is where the larger profits are.
And as for Nissan being known for sports cars... I disagree. Maybe with high school kids. Nissan has been known for Xterras and Maximas for the last how many years... Maybe in the 1980s, but not today(Of course on a 350z board people might disagree) Nissan is a full spectrum manufacturer with all of their new and upcoming products... Full size trucks, SUVs, Compact and Midsize cars, and of course the Z. As of yet, Infiniti cannot claim so much. If they attack Lexus on it's own turf then they just might be respected among buyers of $50,000-$70,000 cars.
And lastly, as far as you "hoping they keep it reasonably priced", that is why you are an ideal Nissan customer. Lexus customers are not as concerned about cost, as long as they are truly getting what they pay for. It is value that matters, not cost. Many Lexus owners can afford more expensive cars, but choose to own a Lexus. This is the type of customer that Infiniti needs.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:30 AM
jj1814

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GT-R Concept