Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:12 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Thanks Mike, nothing but love homie!!!!!
Just glad we can all make mods to a platform of cars and even think about competing with True OUT OF THE BOX Supercars.

REAL SH>>>

New Corvette Z06 - Supercar
Viper - Supercar
996/997 Twin Turbos, GT3, and Carrera GT - Supercars
Ferrari (Any) - Supercar
Lambo (Any) - Supercar
Buggatti - Supercar
Saleen S7 - Supercar

Any one of us would just about give the right nut to own one. For our $30k Zs and Gs to compete with simply adding $20-30k in mods, really really cool.

NOTE: Our goals with VRT are not just to bolt-on some parts, yet give you a complete packaged car that wins. Sorry for the plug, just wanted to make our Goals and Objectives clear.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 07-08-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Navygolf13

Well, I tell you what, I read Ed's posts and I think to myslef why can't I type like that. The things he said are in my head but they never come out right. And in the end I stir the pot more than anything. I think verything he said is absolutely true!
Michael, I am so happy to be involved with you guys at any level much less someone who met you in the beginning. You build amazing cars and you are so right, no matter how this ends you CAN and HAVE built these cars that beat up on these supercars you mentioned. Okay, so many of them to beat take a little more than 20k, but it is still waaaaaaay less than what those other cars cost.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Okay, so many of them to beat take a little more than 20k, but it is still waaaaaaay less than what those other cars cost.
If you eliminate a few things, and cut a few typical corners, you can do it for $20K, and I agree with everything that Eagle said. But customers need to also understand, that without giving labor away for almost nothing, and parts at cost (not typical), $20K is not a realistic number.

And, lets not forget, lap times are 75% driver related, and only 25% car/hardware related. Put a seasoned track driver behind the wheel of a stock Z, on a short tight course, and they will probably dust just about every typical ferrari owner.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:32 PM
MoodDude

I agree with Sarif 100%.

Since we are talking about a road track car, here are some things to think about before you do ANYTHING to your car (using NASA Time Trials Rules):

The bone stock 350Z is in class - TTC (this class includes such cars as: M3, Boxter S, and Acura NSX).

Now lets add a turbo to the 350Z, our new class is - TTU (this class includes such cars as: Ferrari 360, GT3's, and 996 TurboS).
So just by adding FI (and nothing else) you must compete with the 360.

Oh BTW - you will be disqualified if your car has over 560 rwhp.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharif is right. At the end of the day, going fast is all driver. Parts matter, and yes there "is no replacement for displacement". But it is drivers that win races and competitions, not cars.
And Bullitproof is right, no intent to stir the pot, just wanting to get past the talk and "get it on". Too many years in martial arts I guess.
This is "all good". All you guys are great on this thread, and so is the fun.
I don't care about the outcome. I just want to be part of the crowd and see it happen...............and safely. No red mist boys.

Cheers.

Ed
Old 07-08-2006, 03:41 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
If you eliminate a few things, and cut a few typical corners, you can do it for $20K, and I agree with everything that Eagle said. But customers need to also understand, that without giving labor away for almost nothing, and parts at cost (not typical), $20K is not a realistic number.

And, lets not forget, lap times are 75% driver related, and only 25% car/hardware related. Put a seasoned track driver behind the wheel of a stock Z, on a short tight course, and they will probably dust just about every typical ferrari owner.
You are correct Sharif, yet please remember IT DEPENDS ON THE TRACK. The more twisties, the more that statement is true.

However, very few of us will ever be Professional drivers, so a little help from FI, suspension, tires, helps allot and goooes along way in my book.

Yet take that same Stock Z and run with my G35C at Cal-speedway ROVAL - You need the WHP, I don't care if you have the best of Pros, I will smoke-em in my G35c or at least give them the race of their lives.

Let's bring a Stock Z to Cal-speedway and let Scott (WA2Good) Drive - best driver I know, I will give him a half lap head start and after 20 minutes the stock Z is dust.

SOME TRACKS WHP makes a difference.

Now doing the same at Streets of Willow, a different story. More twisties...Yet at Cal-Speedway, WHP almost always wins with a competent driver.

Still fun.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 07-08-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
You are correct Sharif, yet please remember IT DEPENDS ON THE TRACK. The more twisties, the more that statement is true.

However, very few of us will ever be Professional drivers, so a little help from FI, suspension, tires, helps allot and goooes along way in my book.

Yet take that same Stock Z and run with my G35C at Cal-speedway ROVAL - You need the WHP, I don't care if you have the best of Pros, I will smoke-em in my G35c or at least give them the race of their lives.

Let's bring a Stock Z to Cal-speedway and let Scott (WA2Good) Drive - best driver I know, I will give him a half lap head start and after 20 minutes the stock Z is dust.

SOME TRACKS WHP makes a difference.

Now doing the same at Streets of Willow, a different story. More twisties...Yet at Cal-Speedway, WHP almost always wins with a competent driver.

Still fun.

M
of course. That's why I was careful to say: "on a tight course". I have raced on CA speedway, and the front oval/straight is a monster...and lots of fun.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Navygolf13

You guys are all right and the bottome line is lets see what happens. I got SMOKED by a stock Z at Buttonwillow, granted it was my first time at the track, but the moral of the story is the guy that is a better driver can overcome soooooo many things. Yeah, in the right hands there is no way that 90% of the cars on the road will beat it, however with me behind the wheel and a GREAT driver, I will lose everytime, although I am getting better and that has a LOT to do with Michael and the guys at VRT!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Eagle1

Important point of reference lads. Scot Bush in my car beat Mike Cronin Jr in his Unitech Racing prepped Z by a full second in lap time at Streets of Willow. Same day and all lap times recorded by Sport Compact Car Magazine's Jay Chen on a GPS system used for BOTH CARS. And my car had a fritzed front left damper. We all KNOW that Mike C, who is a terrific driver and a very nice gentleman, can drive like gangbusters, having campaigned the Z two seasons in Grand Am Cup competition coast to coast. There are two things this supports..........1) the VRT suspension package is darn good and 2) Scottie drives like a eidolon.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Bullitproof

Drives like a what!!???
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
rookie

ei·do·lon Audio pronunciation of "eidolon" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-dln)
n. pl. ei·do·lons or ei·do·la (-l)

1. A phantom; an apparition.
2. An image of an ideal.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Bullitproof

Thanks, i was too lazy to look it up.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:20 PM
rookie

I was already looking it up.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:19 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Thanks, i was too lazy to look it up.
BullitProof,

Ed (Eagle) is literally one of the most intelligent men I know. I respect him as a mentor and he is a class act. However, I didn't know what the hell he said either.

YOU GO ED!

Thanks Rookie for the translation.

M
Old 07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Navygolf13

LOL....I was right there with you guys when I read that!!! Too funny!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Eagle1

Sorry. Did not intentionally mean to be ostrifidiously renunculant.

(and don't bother looking them up, these words truly are meaningless!)

(Maybe we get a patch for Scott's driver suit........"The Asphalt Eidolon")
Old 07-09-2006, 02:18 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Sorry. Did not intentionally mean to be ostrifidiously renunculant.

(and don't bother looking them up, these words truly are meaningless!)

(Maybe we get a patch for Scott's driver suit........"The Asphalt Eidolon")
You are Too Much...Love you Ed!

M
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Looks like I've been missing all the fun..........

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Let's bring a Stock Z to Cal-speedway and let Scott (WA2Good) Drive - best driver I know
Important point of reference lads. Scott Bush in my car beat Mike Cronin Jr in his Unitech Racing prepped Z by a full second in lap time at Streets of Willow. Same day and all lap times recorded by Sport Compact Car Magazine's Jay Chen on a GPS system used for BOTH CARS. And my car had a fritzed front left damper. We all KNOW that Mike C, who is a terrific driver and a very nice gentleman, can drive like gangbusters, having campaigned the Z two seasons in Grand Am Cup competition coast to coast. There are two things this supports..........1) the VRT suspension package is darn good and 2) Scottie drives like a eidolon.
Thanks Michael (Mr.A) and Ed (Eagle1) for the kind words,

However a competent driver can carry a car well enough to make up for a lack of power, yet there IS only so much that can be done. The faster (bigger) tracks will make a lack of power increasingly more obvious.

Maybe we get a patch for Scott's driver suit........"The Asphalt Eidolon")
hahaha, not too sure about that (might get alot of strange looks.)

Lets get down to business and get this Z vs. 360 challenge underway.....should be fun, and could get interesting!!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:00 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

eagle1 - Curious, what DO they mean - ostrifidiously and renunculant.. Even the dictionary.com doesn't know.. made up words perhaps?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
eagle1 - Curious, what DO they mean - ostrifidiously and renunculant.. Even the dictionary.com doesn't know.. made up words perhaps?
Totally.

Hey, check out page 105 on this month's Modified Magazine, the Tuner Car of the Year. No, my car is not it. But Enkei put me in their advertisement, which is cool for consolation at least. I run their wheel so they asked if they could run my picture. What the heck why not?

Quick Reply: Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT