Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
You VRT guys sound like broken records. Just provide a breakdown on the price of parts and installation. We're all still waiting...
If I could I would. Give the guy a couple days to come up with a plan to spend 20k geez. I would want at least 2 weeks of research before I came up with a final parts list.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:09 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Here is my 5 minute list of what I would do...

- JWT TT
- JWT Clutch
- Cusco Sways
- Cusco Front Camber Arms
- SPC Rear Camber Arms
- Eibach Springs
- Tockico Shocks
- Einke Wheels 18"x 9.5" +30
- Hoosier Tires 285 F, 315 R.
- AP Racing BBK
- Free weight reduction mods

With that list plus estimated install costs, that puts the price between $20 and $22k depending on actual install costs. This is just from a quick search on Z1 Auto and Tire Rack.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Bullitproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hopefully, that's what vrt will do. Because if we stick to the budget way2good proposes that price list is waaaayyyy over the top.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
***These are not prices sourced by VRT. This is just me doing a search of some of the online companies a normal person would use. VRT's prices may be lower or higher***

Here is What VRT Will Offer USED for his $20k in 350Z Modifications
* Obviously this doesn't include any applicable tax.
* As mentioned, No Turbo Kits in California are CARB as of yet so this build is for OFF ROAD PURPOSES ONLY.

FI
JWT Twin Turbo Kit/ Out of the Box
-BB530 Turbos- 7800 dollars-Inter-cooler for the 350Z
-Split Second Air/Fuel/Timing control
-Fuel/Boost Pressure Regulator included
-Waste Gate Springs Adjusted to 8.5 PSI
-Install 20 hours (I believe this is VERY forgiving-$2000. You guys gotta be at 100 dollars and hour for labor)
- Don't forget tuning(unless you confident this kit will run 400whp out the box) 500 dollars
Clutch and Flywheel
* If Needed ONLY...You need a clutch for 20 laps at over 400rwtrq
JWT Clutch and Flywheel-700 dollars
-Install 500 dollars
Brakes
Ap Racing
6 Piston Fr/14.25 and 4 Piston Rear-5000 dollars-Install 500(we are talking new calipers, rotors, lines, and bleeding the system)
Rear End
Stock 350Z Rear End - Assuming this isn't a One Wheeled Wonder!
-I'll leave this one alone for now
Suspension
VRT Custom Coil Over for the 350Z-2000 dollars(tein flex and edfc)
Stillen Adjustable Sways Front and Rear-(300 dollars)
VRT Front Camber for the 350Z/G35-Stillen front camber arms- 800 dollars
VRT Rear Camber/Toe-Stillen rear camber arms-400 dollars
-Install the camber arms plus corner balance and alignment(1000 dollars)
Wheels
Enkei NT03 +M 18” MAT track wheels 9.5”F/10.5”R

Tires
Nitto NT-01 275/35 F and 315/30R or
Kumho ECSTA V710 285/18/30 and 315/18/30
* 350z and 360 Ferrari are to run on the EXACT SAME TIRE Brand and Size...
Just for the sake of argument, i'll say 2500 dollars for wheels and tires
Cooling
VRT Upgraded Radiator and Oil Cooler-800 dollars(koyo rad, stillen cooler)
* High capacity aluminum radiator
Nismo 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap
- install 300 dollars
ECU
JWT ECU Re-flash for 7300 Rev and Top Speed

Boost Controller
None - Springs set to 8.5 PSI

Gauges
No Gauges Necessary, car will be tuned for 8.5 PSI and Air/Fuel Ratios in healthy 11s
- You've gotta be nuts to run a car on the track with no guages at all
Boost-100 dollars
Wideband-350 dollars
oil press-150 dollars
install-300 dollars

Other
Light Weight Pully System-330 dollars(unorthodox set)-install 200 dollars

Profit and Labor
Yes, we have calculated a Profit that makes sense for VRT. ( what does this mean? This is supposed to be what you would charge a normal cutomer, not how low you can keep your profit margin)Trust me, would love to put at least a built bottom-end (rods and pistons) to boost 12 PSI yet then it wouldn't make sense to even VRT at $20k (NO PROFIT).

LOL...Would make this easier for sure to Beat the Ferrari 360 to simply turn up the boost EVEN on the track with Race Fuel (100 Octane Unleaded would be fine) however would like to keep the power reasonable, - what the hell. We have raced many Non-Built motor on the track on racefuel with great results at 10 PSI, that will be a decision for race day. We are having fun at any rate.
Note: We do not ship the JWT kits to other shops so what their or your estimated cost for install doesn't apply. It is what VRT can do it for! USED said a $20k budget and I said, send the car and he will get what he wanted, a Z that can beat a 360 on the road race track. Please don't waste my time about there is NO WAY WE CAN DO THIS FOR THIS PRICE. VRT will do this for this price! If you have any doubts, send the car and the $20k and let's get the show on the road - No hesitation from VRT.

Tuned Power Expectations
410 WHP and 400 Ft/Lbs Torque (with no exhaust at 8lbs of boost?)
-Exhaust(1000 Dollars)
Special Notes
Legal Disclaimer (Remember we are on a Public Forum)
USED Will provide a 350Z to VRT. We will build him the car with $20k (not including applicable tax) in modifications for the purpose of Racing Off-Road. VRT contends these modifications will allow the Z with a QUALIFIED driver the ability to Compete and Yes (We will see - Beat) a Ferrari 360 Modena (With Same Tires) in a 20 Lap Timed Trial Event at Willow Springs Raceway. Best Time Wins for the 20 laps! In the end, We can ONLY hope for the best. I am just stoked that Nissan has created an Fm Platform with the VQ that can even compete at any Supercar level with a reasonable amount of modifications. You might say, How Is $20k reasonable when you can buy the car used for almost $20k? And you put $20k into it.

Well Precisely, for an estimated $40k+, you have a legit Sports Car Road or Track that can compete with cars in price ranges from $75-$200k! Not bad as far as VRT is concerned.

Grand total 27,000 dollars approximately, not including the car. Now I'm sure that there are places that you can cut your costs to try to bring you closer to the limit, but i don't see it happening. also, as far as i know altered atmosphere in maryland and performance factory in new york both do jwt installs. correct me if i'm wrong. if you guys get a minute or two please list your pricing up agsainst your build sheet so we the masses can see what prices are parts and what is labor. that would probably help a lot of your customer base decide if this 20,000 dollar package is worth it.

Cant believe that the guy that runs the company cant price things out. Bullitproof, if thats what he says he does it for then that is what it is. I know that these guys have done more JWT kits than anyone and I think they know what to charge. I am not attacking here, but if you go on line everyone has different prices and everyone will say theirs is the best. If thats what he is going to do for 20k then that is it.....I say leave it at that.

I still haven't heard from USED if he is still on board for sending the check? Are you? Lets get this party started. Bottom line, I think the VRT car will win, but whoever does this is going to be a great process to keep an eye on!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
pecora55

If he says he is going to do it for 20k and put up a list of the mods that are going on the car I believe there is nothing else to debate. He gave you the spec sheet and said all that will cost 20k without taxes.. Seems easy enough to understand, no?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
o snap its eric

ah there is a simple and probably the most important area you guys havent talked about. That is exactly how much is VRT paying for their part at whole sale price? The prices that was found was retail prices. VRT and every other company gets their parts at wholesale. Some cheaper than other at whole sale price. So while the tien flexx w/ edfc may seem like $2000 that they have to spend to pick it up its not true at all. For all we know it may only be $1000 and on paper they put $2000. It makes it even easier for VRT to alter pricing since it a bundled package. But for $20,000, thats a damn good price for the promise they are offering. They must have some good hookups somewhere in their lineup of parts.

Bottom line, it doesnt matter how they do it as long as the budget and promise it met. I really dont care if they stole all the part to make their promise good as long as it works and they can replicate their promise and prices on a consistant bases

I hope VRT does build a killer Z to race against the 360! They can vid it and send it to best motoring and ship their car over their for a touge battle or a few laps around the tsykuba for a battle with similiar cars!

PS: get crackin with the coilovers i want to see you guys got to offer. I want to pickup a set soon! I can be your tester!

Last edited by o snap its eric; 07-06-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:07 PM
mahont

Just found this thread... Reminds me of when me and my dad raced a 360 Modena in his Z06. The sound of the two cars together made neither of the drivers really care who won . The race was dead even until 4th gear and the Z06 just took off ...
Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Well hopefully, that's what vrt will do. Because if we stick to the budget way2good proposes that price list is waaaayyyy over the top.
FYI,

I have no intentions of breaking down every single product and price. We don't work that way. Besides, that isn't what I agreed to. I agreed I could build a $20k modded Z and Beat a Modena (stock) with similar tires.

Any doubts, ask for a quote off our website. We do each car and each build custom and PROJECT-BY-PROJECT. Your price will definitely be different than the next for we aren't a retail store or a repair shop.

NOT OUR BUSINESS MODEL. We try to maximize each cars potential with the budget our customer provides and still operate a profitable and prospering business. Working so far and no need to change things midstream.

$20k gets you the car mods listed. Add tax if applicable and there you have it.

It doesn’t matter; I will deliver the car to USED for that price, if we are a go, No Problem. If not, No Problem.

We will get One of our customer cars and within that $20k budget do our own Road and Track Study with the Modena.

This time, I will give some advanced notice, yet I am very confident we will have a Modena and a 350Z with these mods at Cal Speedway, same track NASCAR Races in Fontana California 7-21-06 with Speedventures.net

Show up if you wish. There should be at least 5 VRT cars so if you think you can run with all the fancy gauges, let's run...

M
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Navygolf13

Nice, I think I need to get signed up for that. I need to get my radiator upgraded first though. I will let you know Michael. Lookin forward to this!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:33 PM
knight_white99

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Here is my 5 minute list of what I would do...

- JWT TT
- JWT Clutch
- Cusco Sways
- Cusco Front Camber Arms
- SPC Rear Camber Arms
- Eibach Springs
- Tockico Shocks
- Einke Wheels 18"x 9.5" +30
- Hoosier Tires 285 F, 315 R.
- AP Racing BBK
- Free weight reduction mods

With that list plus estimated install costs, that puts the price between $20 and $22k depending on actual install costs. This is just from a quick search on Z1 Auto and Tire Rack.
Very, very similar to my mods... (as stated previously in this thread).

And doable for $20K.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:36 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by o snap its eric
ah there is a simple and probably the most important area you guys havent talked about. That is exactly how much is VRT paying for their part at whole sale price?
That wasn't overlooked. It was discussed from the beginning and the price won't be from whole sale pricing, but what VRT would charge their customer. Actually if USED comes through, he will get the car with $20k worth of mods so he will be a customer. VRT isn't going to lose money on a deal to prove that VRT can build a car to beat a 360 Modena. They could care less what it costs to get to that level, they already have a ton of cars out that are beyond that level.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Navygolf13

Very true, and I think that USED will be VERY happy with his car.

However like I asked earlier since Michael has put up his end and we haven't heard anything from USED. Where is he I want to see this thing happen!!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:52 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Give USED some time. Some people don't have all day every day to forum ***** like we do lol. His last post was at 12:30pm today so maybe he is at work or just doing something better with his time.

Last edited by SinCity350Z; 07-06-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Navygolf13

I guess I should have looked close, I just didn't remember seeing apost from him in a while. I think everyine should be able to be on the boards all day long, it would make it more interesting! LOL.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
esfand

Originally Posted by mraturbo
What up Esfand?

Sorry for the Delay on the Parts List...
We have two cars on the dyno today. One at JWT and one at the Dynoshop.

I will get the list up later.

Thanks for the patience.

Fun Exchange. Sure USED and I will be great friends after I show him a $20k upgraded Z can compete with a 360 Ferrari.

M
hey bro
Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
FrickU

Used will rape the ferrari on the track in my opinion, especially if VRT is building it.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:09 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by esfand
hey bro
Sorry I didn't give you a ride on Sunday at Willow. My NISMO rear end took a sh...

We cut out yet will be at CalSpeedway 7-21-06 to go Ferrari hunting!

There is suppose to be a Carrera GT coming from the Porsche Club and I hope that is the case. Need that pass for the collection in my G. Carrera GTs are one of the sickest cars ever made.

Calspeedway on 7-21-06 and you got the Co-Pilot seat in my G. Sure a Modena will be ready to roll and We will have our Modded Z ready to go whether it is built for USED or NOT.

M
Old 07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn, I like the way VRT does things! I sure hope there will be lots of footage of everything on the 21st.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
FrickU

Looking forward to seeing exotics being passed up by VRT's Super Cars
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Zincognito

This is going to be something to remember!

Quick Reply: Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT