Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:55 AM
USED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video Michael! What were the lap times? But come on now , you surely have much more than $20G in that coupe.

Last edited by USED; 07-04-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:13 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

Used, can you set me up a race with a 360? Id love to get that on video
Old 07-04-2006, 09:42 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by USED
Cool video Michael! What were the lap times? But come on now , you surely have much more than $20G in that coupe.
Thanks everyone...We enjoy making these videos. I am not a professional, yet I like, to Make and Edit them. Would like to create a TV show about all of this type of stuff...LOL...Soon enough!

Sometimes my choice of music isn't always the most popular, yet I try...

IMPORTANT:

USED!

My car, G35C, has much more than $20k, however, it is really not even close to the best track car. My NISMO LSD was having trouble Sunday so the best time I could run at Willow was a 1:37. After the first 15 mintues of the first session, it was all downhill. NISMO LSD isn't cool anymore...Too Much Drifting on it...

Note: My old 350Z (Roadster) was a much better platform to track because of the simple WEIGHT differential. My old Z was a monster on the track with the similar set-up I can build for the $20k range - Used to run in the low 1:30's at Willow which is really fast for a not Rolled up. A Coupe 350Z is even lighter. Here is a video starring my Z Roadster. I had to sell the Z for many of the tracks wouldn't let me run cause it lacked roll cages and with a convertable, it wasn't doable.
http://violentracing.com/Videos/new11_2005.htm

If my car, G35C, is running 500 WHP on the track, you can almost accomplish the same results in a Z with ONLY 400-430 WHP.

Here are my Mods on the G35C...I will have your list ASAP. Not even suppose to be on the PC now, suppose to be family time.

Motor

VRT Built Motor with Custom Heads
Using:
Pauter Rods
Arias 8.5:1 Pistons
JWT C2 Racing Cams
JWT Valve Springs
NO SLEEVES
NO LONGER STUDS
NO RETURN FUEL

Power
760 WHP
824 ft/lbs torque
22 PSI
530 WHP on the waste gates
Making boost at 2600 RPM

ECU
JWT Custom Programmed

Split Second Air, Fuel, and Timing Control

Turbo System
Custom JWT/VRT BB700

Drivability
Daily

Track and Drift Proven
Watch our videos

Rear End
NISMO LSD- Yet going to Try Quaife

Brakes
AP RACING 6 fr/4 rear

Wheels Street
Volk SF Winning 19 in
Tire - Pirelli 285/30 front and 305/30 rear

Wheels Track
NISMO 18 inch
Hoosier 285/30 front and 305/30 rear

Suspension
Tein with EDFC
VRT Front Strut and Stillen rear
VRT Camber arms and toe
Stillen Sways

Exhaust
Stillen 2.25 dual

Cooling Devices
VRT Radiator for the G35
VRT Oil Cooler for the 350Z/G35
VRT Custom Fans

Ignition and Power
VRT Custom voltage regulator

Things to Come
New LSD
VRT Coil Overs
VRT Hidden Pod
Spearco Suede Seats
HKS Front end
VRT Front and Rear Diffuser for 180+ MPH

Good-luck

Last edited by mraturbo; 07-04-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
USED

Dude! Get back to the family. Enjoy the holiday.

Those are some wide meats your running. You must have your offsets nailed! Spacers?

Just wondering....how long did it take you to burn up that Nismo diff? I'm sure you abused it.

L8R
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Navygolf13

Like I said I will "donate" my car for this and I will provide the receipts from it. I think it is going in another direction now though. I love the video and cant wait for this to go further.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:04 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Like I said I will "donate" my car for this and I will provide the receipts from it. I think it is going in another direction now though. I love the video and cant wait for this to go further.
Thanks Bob,

Think you are out of the $$$ range for you have a built motor. Going to have to have a Non-Built set-up to get into USED price range. I said it so I will make it happen!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
esfand

which Z were you drivin and which porsche did you pass???????

Originally Posted by knight_white99
I haven't even watched the video yet. I don't really need to, since I was also at the track yesterday, and got to see it for myself.

I have a VRT installed JWT turbo kit (plus a larger radiator and oli cooler). The rest I did myself (brakes, suspension, etc.).

Michael has an amazingly fast car, and drives it very well, too. My car does not have his kind of horsepower (I do not have a built motor), but is still making better than 400hp to the wheels. I was there when they dynoed it!

For myself, it was my first time to drive a car at Big Willow. I didn't have many laps to learn the track (and I had some clutch problems - nothing to do with VRT or the turbo kit), and it was a killer hot day, but by the third session out, I was getting the hang of the track. Because of the clutch problems, I was just shifting twice per lap - 5th to 4th into turn 1, and 4th to 5th on the back stretch after turn 7. Certainly, if I had more laps, and was able to use the car to its full potential, I could have gone faster. But I was impressed by the torque of the tubo kit - never really needed to use 3rd gear even between turns 3 and 4.

How did my car do? Well, I was able to catch AND PASS a very fast, well driven Porsche 911 Turbo. That's still shifting just twice per lap! Plus my car was "gear challenged," since I have the 3.35 gear installed for high speed running - not so good for track acceleration. Another track ready 350Z who started behind me - well, I never saw him. My mirrors were clear the entire third session (except for the Porsche that I passed - ).

I was on the track with the Ferrari while I was still learning the track in the second session. It is a beautiful and fast car, no doubt. I spoke to the driver (Jim) after the session. He mentioned that he couldn't catch me on the back straight, and didn't understand why. I told him that I had a VRT turbo installed in my car. "Oh, that's why," was his reply.

Bottom line - if Michael says he can build a Ferrari (or Porsche) beater for your $20K, you had better believe it!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
esfand

yellow group????
Old 07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it can be done on a non-built set-up with a good driver. Here are some pictures from Cali Speedway of a VRT track car (extreme) and a 360 track car (extreme). The VRT cars were the fastest cars on the track. The 360 in the pic was not in their group, but there was a red one with light mods that got passed in their group by a N/A G35 with brake and suspension mods by VRT.
Attached Thumbnails Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT-vrt-cali-speedway-006-copy.jpg   Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT-vrt-cali-speedway-007-copy.jpg   Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT-vrt-cali-speedway-011-copy.jpg   Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT-vrt-cali-speedway-012-copy.jpg  

Last edited by denchan350gt; 07-04-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
I think it can be done on a non-built set-up with a good driver. Here are some pictures from Cali Speedway of a VRT track car (extreme) and a 360 track car (extreme). The VRT cars were the fastest cars on the track. The 360 in the pic was not in their group, but there was a red one with light mods that got passed in their group by a N/A G35 with brake and suspension mods by VRT.
That was a great day!!
Old 07-04-2006, 03:56 PM
knight_white99

Esfand, I was in the blue group, but I did the Porsche chase and pass in the DE run (3rd session) after the competion runs. A fairly new silver Porsche 911 turbo, driven by "Mike" (a big black dude - built like a linebacker - a very nice guy - I spoke to him after the run).

My Z was silver and had VRT and Rotora decals, with black wheels.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:46 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I really like this friendly bet/challenge between mraturbo and used.

What exactly is the winner getting out of this - other than the opportunity to prove a point? If used wins, what does he get out of it? If mraturbo wins, what does he get out of it? There should be a prize, I think, so it'll be more fun and rewarding.

used - What shop do you run and where is it? What is your shop's specialty? We all know about VRT, but we don't know anything about you or your shop.

Also, my car has stock internals with minor mods like intake and exhaust (which I have stock replacements for if need be). I would allow VRT to use my car in this bet/challenge, so you guys can prove your points. Though, I'd keep it in the end, you're only looking for the results aren't you? Seriously, I can live without my Z for however long it takes to settle this. Think about it.

P.S. - Some day, I hope to get my car worked on by VRT, FI, or maybe used's shop after we see proof that his cars are just as amazing. This is assuming that you guys don't use my car for this bet/challenge, of course.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
MoodDude

Nice Video. Wish you had more track footage! A 360 is a great car, yet they are now outdated and Ferrari is now moving to the 430 as there production race car. By 2007 Ferrari won't sponsor the 360 challange anymore, and it will just be the 430 challange. So, how about taking on a 430 -do I hear a re-match!

I agree that for well under $70,000 for the car and mods you can almost beat any production car (especially if you have some great tires). Although when you drive the Ferrari around town I bet you will get more heads to turn than a G35 or a Z

Here is a picture of the 430's from the F1 race in Canada, those cars are fast!

Last edited by MoodDude; 07-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Thanks Bob,

Think you are out of the $$$ range for you have a built motor. Going to have to have a Non-Built set-up to get into USED price range. I said it so I will make it happen!

I agree if you can cut costs on labor and overhead on parts, you might be able to do this for around 20 large. But if you are trying to tell me that you can offer a 20,000 dollar package, i think you are just misleading your potential customers. for instance.

jwt tt: 7500 install 2000
exhaust: 1000
ap brakes: 3500 install 500
tein flex: 2000 install 800
wheel and tires: 3000
tuning: 800
guages: 500
coner balancing suspension: ????

now these prices arent accurate, they are just off the top my head, but the cost is already over 21,000 dollars. like i said, you can cut costs o parts and labor, but that wouldn't be an accurate representation of what the average consumer would pay for.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
I agree if you can cut costs on labor and overhead on parts, you might be able to do this for around 20 large. But if you are trying to tell me that you can offer a 20,000 dollar package, i think you are just misleading your potential customers. for instance.

jwt tt: 7500 install 2000
exhaust: 1000
ap brakes: 3500 install 500
tein flex: 2000 install 800
wheel and tires: 3000
tuning: 800
guages: 500
coner balancing suspension: ????

now these prices arent accurate, they are just off the top my head, but the cost is already over 21,000 dollars. like i said, you can cut costs o parts and labor, but that wouldn't be an accurate representation of what the average consumer would pay for.
at least you know you are quoting prices that are INSANE. LOL
Old 07-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Bullitproof

i'm sorry, if you feel like the 3 estimates of the the whole post were off, please correct me. i've been asking the vrt guys to post up a build sheet for days now. i've had all types of vrt representatives post up on how the build could be done for under 20,000 dollars but no one has come up with a build sheet. i'm a normal customer, that doesn't work at a shop or in the 'industry'. so you guys can laugh at one or two of the prices i posted or you can man up and answer my simple question. if you feel you need to skip this request so you can so your rep can stay intact on false info, go ahead. but so that we stay on topic, VRT STILL HASN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTION. WHAT DOES 20,000 GET YOU?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:46 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Subscribing...
Old 07-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
at least you know you are quoting prices that are INSANE. LOL
what's insane is that i went to brake pro's site and i saw the six piston front and rear set up for the 350 is closer to 5,000 dollars (thanks to your links in your sig). now if my labor rates are off, sorry. i'm not a mechanic and i was using a guesstimate. but at almost 90 dollars an hour(in my area), these numbers aren't that far off for quality work. if i'm mistaken, correct me. if it is your intent to ridicule my post by your last statement, that's just corny. if you can't stay on topic, stay off the thread.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
what's insane is that i went to brake pro's site and i saw the six piston front and rear set up for the 350 is closer to 5,000 dollars (thanks to your links in your sig). now if my labor rates are off, sorry. i'm not a mechanic and i was using a guesstimate. but at almost 90 dollars an hour(in my area), these numbers aren't that far off for quality work. if i'm mistaken, correct me. if it is your intent to ridicule my post by your last statement, that's just corny. if you can't stay on topic, stay off the thread.
someone has some anger issues. You should seek counseling, for real.

I was simply pointing out the fact that you have a $800.00 labor rate to install coil overs. pretty funny since that is an hour and a half job. You also quoted $500 for brake install, since when would that take 5.5 hours to do???? If you didnt notice I put LOL behind that because you said "now these prices arent accurate, they are just off the top my head".

oh and since when does my sig say Brake pro's BBK??? Im pretty sure it says BREMBO's. I have Brake Pro's rotors.

You seriously have some issues if you get all bend out of shape about that. I do not work for VRT. I just had them build my car so don't flip me your ****.

Now back on topic (Mike's Bad @ss G35 LOL)

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 07-05-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 AM
esfand

i think ur talking about mark... he was the silver 996 with black wheels. i was in the blue group too, did you leave early?? i remember seeing your car in the pits but didnt c u run. were you there for the time trials?? i wanted to have a look at your car but it was soo hot and i was too lazy to get out of the RV.
Originally Posted by knight_white99
Esfand, I was in the blue group, but I did the Porsche chase and pass in the DE run (3rd session) after the competion runs. A fairly new silver Porsche 911 turbo, driven by "Mike" (a big black dude - built like a linebacker - a very nice guy - I spoke to him after the run).

My Z was silver and had VRT and Rotora decals, with black wheels.

Last edited by esfand; 07-05-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Run With the Ferrari 360...CONT