Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

UTEC Knock

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 03:20 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you log back in to the UTEC is it in logging mode? When I connect directly to it through hyperterminal AFTER I am playing with the MPS software the UTEC is in logging mode. Maybe for some reason its not sending the command or something, I don't know. You may also be able to contact the autor of the software though the site for more specific technical support. I only know what I know from using it!

How do you connect to the UTEC currently? You say you had to try several com ports? It should be the same com port you use in Hyperterminal, unless you are using USB, then you will obviously need a serial cable (may be your problem if you are trying it all through USB, I am using a straight through RS232 cable). Good luck!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i connect to the utec with a usb to serial adaptor...

i'll keep playing with it

Thanks

TODD

Originally Posted by KPierson
When you log back in to the UTEC is it in logging mode? When I connect directly to it through hyperterminal AFTER I am playing with the MPS software the UTEC is in logging mode. Maybe for some reason its not sending the command or something, I don't know. You may also be able to contact the autor of the software though the site for more specific technical support. I only know what I know from using it!

How do you connect to the UTEC currently? You say you had to try several com ports? It should be the same com port you use in Hyperterminal, unless you are using USB, then you will obviously need a serial cable (may be your problem if you are trying it all through USB, I am using a straight through RS232 cable). Good luck!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
KPierson
Banned

I know that there was another guy who couldn't get the software to connect using a USB to serial adapter. He got a different kind and it fixed the problem.