Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
We'll be talking with MRC and setting their wrong comments straight...

I am far from a keyboard ninja - and why mod the crap out of our cars if we weren't going to race them? E-Town is so close to us as well...

I would love to meet with anyone in the area and shoot the crap and check out each others rides...
Phil,
Cmon down, and bring Dom or whoever you want...And bring that G35 that make 700 whp, and I will eat my words..Im 95% sure we had a car from your boys shop that we fixed, a black G35 from Homdel...I could have sworn he said Straight line did the job..At any rate, if your intentions are to threaten me and think Im some punk your sadly mistaken fellow..FYI, if you come down, come in peace, I keep a 9mm and a .38 on me at all times...
Old 08-20-2006, 03:52 PM
turismo

This thread is getting out of hand.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

threat? lol - give me a break... i asked the man if he wants to race, since when is that a threat?

Also, Julian (I'm guessing this is MRC?) is spewing misinformation and he needs to get his facts straight -
Fact...My car makes over 600whp...Proven street,dyno,and track..
Fact...Your car does not even exist to me...Or the rest of the members..
Fact..All you do is TALK smack on these boards
Fact..I have no clue who Straigtline is, and who Dom is..
Fact..Customer came in with a ****ed up motor, due to overboosting on a TN kit..And smack talked SLP, I assume thats your boy..
Fact...I have sent you pm's in the past, to meet up, which you ignored.

You wanna roll, well roll, but it has to be from a 3rd gear highway pull right now, my tranny is broke and I cant shift into 2-3rd...So from 50-150 Im all good..
Old 08-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
really? didn't seem like that suggests you are setting up a race
Listen, the best way to get things sorted out is through communicating directly with the person... Come on, it's not a threat; it was me extending the olive branch to sort things out... That's the way we normally do things in this area.

This forum is part of this moding hobby and I have NO vested interest in promoting myself or anyone else. I do this for fun... VRT has posted questionable results and I'm not the only one the has called B.S. in the past, and after a couple hundred posts of people bickering and resulting to personal attacks, we either agree to disagree or VRT does/doesn't post more information to support their claims, or they just point to a magazine feature or a waive bye at a track day or Jim Wolf’s reputation – Funny, every time I talked to Jim, he has always been very humble and friendly –

I'll be the bigger person and end this with VRT right here and now - I'll keep all of my questions and smartarse comments to myself and leave you with CONGRATS for building some fast cars.

I'll be at SEMA if anyone wants to meet up, just PM me... Anyone in the NY Metro Area that wants hang and check out each others cool cars can also PM...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
FYI, if you come down, come in peace, I keep a 9mm and a .38 on me at all times...
WOW, you need to relax! Who posts crap like that? Bringing up the fact that you carry a gun makes you sound like an A"SS or a cop with a chip on his shoulder... I'll be calling you tomorrow at the shop or you can call me on my cell anytime - Sent via PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:25 PM
rookie

Originally Posted by turismo
The lower the final gear, the taller the gearing? Where can I purchase one from and how hard is to install.
Yes, search there are many threads about final drive ratios and there are complications with different years and models. Performance Nissan and Z1 are 2 good resources on the boards.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the longer gears would kill the top end on the car, the ideal setup would be the 3.9 gears but getting traction!!! but thats probably not possible... yet
Old 08-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

WOW, you need to relax! Who posts crap like that? Bringing up the fact that you carry a gun makes you sound like an A"SS or a cop with a chip on his shoulder....
And making comment like this........

Tell you what - since you're local, and you're in the spirit of talking crap, I'll take a ride down and talk with you... I'm sure Don would like to have a few words with you as well for your comments here.
Make you sound like a Gumball Gangster, who intends to come to my shop with ill intentions...My comment was directed to make you FULLY AWARE, and forwarned on who, EXACTLY your dealing with and the fact that anyone looking to come to my place of business to start ****, is going to get a very nasty welcome .
Im all down for meeting up and shooting the ****, but your comment gave no reference to challenging me to a race, and sounded like a line from the Soprano's...You wanna shut me up, come to my shop on the 27th for my dyno day, and make 700whp on my dyno, and Ill buy you a beer and maybe even a hooker..But until then, I really dont feel you have any place calling me out on a public forum..Prove me wrong,stop talking smack on other vendors and shops,lay down 700 whp in front of me, and you will earn my respect..
Back on topic, I will personally say, that some of the original VRT dynos looked very questionable at least. 400TQ at 2200 rpms
This one seems way more feasable and legit...The original one they posted over 700whp seemed waaaay to doctored up to be legit with what they said they had done to the car.. I for one have a hard time believing 600whp with stock cats, but hey,Im sure anything is possible..And I have respect for VRT and their work, regardless how hard it is to swallow..
As for our cars, we build reliable street/track cars that have seen more track time,dyno time,street time, than anyone else on this board.My car is not a 600whp dyno queen, like most.My car is driven and used and abused and has proven itself over and over..Now if we could just stop breaking transmissions we will be ok...

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 08-20-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
And making comment like this........

I for one have a hard time believing 600whp with stock cats, but hey,Im sure anything is possible..And I have respect for VRT and their work, regardless how hard it is to swallow..
As for our cars, we build reliable street/track cars that have seen more track time,dyno time,street time, than anyone else on this board.My car is not a 600whp dyno queen, like most.My car is driven and used and abused and has proven itself over and over..Now if we could just stop breaking transmissions we will be ok...
Honestly,

I wish we were closer so we could all get together and have a fun day of Running the cars and Dynos. Perhaps in the future we can all pick a few locations throughout the year, Cali in Spring, East Coast in Fall, Texas or New Orleans in January and have a legit Z and G get-together.

May take some planning, maybe will FLOP or MAYBE not, yet if we try we can all get to know each other the way many of us know each other and share, meet, and run in California.

MRC Motorsports - I would like to Meet and run 700 WHP on your dyno.
Sharif - I would like to meet, respect.
Mark/SGP - I would like to meet, heard great things from Jim and Clark
Vinny/Performance - Would like to meet, great things from Jim and Clark
Altered Team - Great equipment and great things from Jim and Clark

NOT TO TALK Sh$t, but share ideas, shake hands and enjoy the cars. Run them, Dyno Them, Appreciate Each Other and our customers.

Maybe Sounds like BS or maybe this is possible! I am game.

Let's think about it. Put our Heads together and make something happen that is lasting and legit. I plan to be around for a while and sure you all do as well. We don't really have competition, the competition is with ourselves to insure we keep the customers happy. Do that and you can't help but succeed!

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-20-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is running a little out of hand...again.

Come on guys...Can't we just discuss like the mature and knowledgeable guys that we are?

I think the purpose of this thread has been served.

Closed.