Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:15 AM
roneski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seriously doubt a Gtech timer would prove anything to anyone anywhere. But especially on this forum.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:22 AM
plumpzz

gtechs are pretty accurate actually
Old 08-18-2006, 07:22 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by roneski
^^^ It's never going to happen because who's going to caravan across the entire country just to make you happy? Get some new material, you're sounding like a broken record. Go ahead and fire off the kool-aid line again.

+1. Philthy, who, in fact, do you represent? Performance Motorsport?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Navygolf13

Youknow, I think it is funny. When people ak me about my car the first thing they ask is how much HP. Not 1/4 mile time or 0-60 time, how much HP. It is not VRT that has made that the standard of comparing cars, other people have. Now that you guys do not see how it can be done, it is not good enough there has to be another test.

Like I said before if someone doesn't believe it then come and check it out before calling BS. That is what MIAPLAYER did. I think the kicker here is also that all these guys who are hating say they have tons of money and all these cars, well if this is the case, like Michael offered send a car and we will build it. That should put an end to the discussion.

I think any shop would get defensive about this sort of thing. You put hard work into something and then people come along and bash it. If you wouldn't do the same then too bad, but I personally defend the work that I personally do so why wouldn't a company?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
nissansource

One thing people have to understand is here in Cali and the USA JWT is god of nissan. Clark Stepler is the man, and if you think you know alot about cars,cam profiles,turbosizes,head porting you dont know donkey. They take everything at a different level then the general public. I do belive everything they are doing, just b/c it didnt work for you doesnt mean it cant work for someone else. Everyone thought i was bsin when I was one of very few that had 500+ FWD SR's back in the day, or when my freind **** was puting down his numbers for sport compact car issue in I think Sept 2001 for the daily 400hp club car made close to 485 or 495hp in HOT Weather. no one could belive it everyone doubted a stock ECU tuned car could do it. BTW ***** car was tuned on the Street by clark no dyno time.

Last edited by nissansource; 08-18-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by nissansource
One thing people have to understand is here in Cali and the USA JWT is god of nissan. Clark Stepler is the man, and if you think you know alot about cars,cam profiles,turbosizes,head porting you dont know donkey. They take everything at a different level then the general public. I do belive everything they are doing, just b/c it didnt work for you doesnt mean it cant work for someone else. Everyone thought i was bsin when I was one of very few that had 500+ FWD SR's back in the day, or when my freind **** was put down his numbers for sport compact car issue in I think Sept 2001 for the daily 400hp club car made close to 485 or 495hp in HOT Weather. no one could belive it everyone doubted a stock ECU tuned car could do it. BTW ***** car was tuned on the Street by clark no dyno time.
I still have that mag issue BTW...
Old 08-18-2006, 10:14 AM
chimmike

I remember Shaggy's classic!

And Mike Kojima's N/A SR20 (non-VVL) that made over 200whp (which is unheard of on a n/a SR20 without juice) also tuned by JWT

I spoke with Clark yesterday....pretty damn good info I learned about the differences between S1 and S2 cams, idle quality, and 350z ecu idle control systems/programming. And all I wanted to know was the differences between the cams (boy did I ask the wrong question!)

Seriously though, JWT does some of the best Nissan programming/tuning anywhere. They know the 350z ECU much better than anyone outside of the Nissan techs that wrote the software/designed it.

If you doubt it, like I said before, man up and call them about it. They're not *******s. Clark gave me a good 45 mins of his time just because he's a nice guy. And believe me, he has a TON to do.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by chimmike
I remember Shaggy's classic!

And Mike Kojima's N/A SR20 (non-VVL) that made over 200whp (which is unheard of on a n/a SR20 without juice) also tuned by JWT

I spoke with Clark yesterday....pretty damn good info I learned about the differences between S1 and S2 cams, idle quality, and 350z ecu idle control systems/programming. And all I wanted to know was the differences between the cams (boy did I ask the wrong question!)

Seriously though, JWT does some of the best Nissan programming/tuning anywhere. They know the 350z ECU much better than anyone outside of the Nissan techs that wrote the software/designed it.

If you doubt it, like I said before, man up and call them about it. They're not *******s. Clark gave me a good 45 mins of his time just because he's a nice guy. And believe me, he has a TON to do.
Honestly - Kinda funny but Clark will talk your head off with the funniest most technical information your brain can handle.

M
Old 08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Honestly - Kinda funny but Clark will talk your head off with the funniest most technical information your brain can handle.

M

problem is, nobodys brain can handle it all! At least, mine sure can't.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:15 PM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roneski
I seriously doubt a Gtech timer would prove anything to anyone anywhere. But especially on this forum.

Mike,

I'll let you borrow my GTECH RR when I pick up my car next week if you like.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

We have already used the GTech Pro, and the Belltronics systems to back up our misc. data, and the last time someone said that these devices weren't acurate. IMO, and severall others, they are pretty acurate.

Its allways something...

Hahaha. If its not one thing, its another... Haters, gotta love them

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 08-18-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Scott,

The G-tech can be rather accurate but at the same time driver inconcisistency can make them "innaccurate" if you will.

As far as the haters go.......I think you guys should revise your signatures a little becasue I think that is driving the hate. LOL.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Scott,

The G-tech can be rather accurate but at the same time driver inconcisistency can make them "innaccurate" if you will.

As far as the haters go.......I think you guys should revise your signatures a little becasue I think that is driving the hate. LOL.

+1 its the bragging about making numbers that are not backed up with real world means , they are just numbers that can be altered that WILL promote your shop...
Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM
G352NV

If a way I dont know what you expected.. Not even a dyno chart just numbers. You sure you guys didnt see this coming?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
roneski

Originally Posted by TurboTim
My point exactly.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Recently,

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....no dyno chart???????????????/ Maybe you should read the whole thread before you jump in.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
+1 its the bragging about making numbers that are not backed up with real world means , they are just numbers that can be altered that WILL promote your shop...
Like I said before, when people in the past have posted their dynos people say "Wow great job!" Now you look at any post from VRT or customer and the first thing that pops up is "CANT BE DONE!"

I just think it is amazing. I am glad that some people do understand what Jim and Clark can do. If you don't liek other people have said call them and they will tell it to you like it is. Also, dont remember who said it but, they have forgotten more about motors than probably any of us will ever know.

Gotta love this though everytime something is posted about VRT there are at least 8 pages of posts about what is going on.

On another note, I have asked a few times since I do not know. What do you have to change in these cars to put the power down for a 1/4 mile? Everyone here was quick to jump on the fact that is the only way to really tell what the car can do. Well I am asking and no one wants to tell me what to do????? Dont get it again, here is the time to step up or shut up.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:55 PM
G352NV

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....no dyno chart???????????????/ Maybe you should read the whole thread before you jump in.
Wheres that posted and on what page? Ive been over this thread many times. Maybe you should get off someones sack! You've got your head so far up their ***** you cant even see! Give it a break bro! I mean really! Like it or not VRT is a company that started and got lucky enought to deal with Jim wolf. The company wouldnt be anything without him. They've been riding the coat tails for dayz! Yeah I know six mags blah blah blah. DO YOU REALLY think any of these mags would have looked twice without the name Jim Wolf being involved??? HELLS NO!! I say put up or shut up. Dyno on another dyno and prove this shiet or keep it to themselves. This is just another case of Scotts performance all over again!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im just saying this, dynos can be altered, you can change corrections and temperatures and many many many things to alter a dyno chart. you can make that same chart put down 1000hp if you know how to alter it....

trap speeds dont lie, you can not "alter" your trap speeds in the quarter mile to read higher. you can simply put in your trap speed and weight of car and get a pretty close estimate to what the car has horsepower wise. this is not a new concept, american cars have been testing this for a while....
Old 08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Navygolf13

Okay that dyno chart is on PAGE 1! First post. Another thing, did you read in this thread the post about the guy that had the video from Stillens meet? Michael put his car on their dyno, sorry dont know what kind it is, and at 4500RPM's the car was at like 500hp and 500 trq, not sure of those numbers, but the car maxed their dyno twice.
PLenty of people there to see.

As for them riding Jim's coattails....okay they use Jim kit and Jim tunes it. They do all the work as far as motor builds and what enging management to use. They have tried new things that others say cant be done. I do not have my head up anyones ****. As far as I am can tell many of you who have posted here do. Just my opinion.

Sorry dont know Scotts Performance....but as WA2GOOD also said they use Jims dyno and another one that someone else recommended. Again, just keep the thread going, but at least make sure there are no dyno charts before you say there aren't.

Quick Reply: 600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!