Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:21 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Although i'm local, i dont want to race nor talk crap but i really want to see this monster.
Would like to Run With the Car as Well when you Come to Vegas for SEMA Philthy...

Hope it kicks my car's *** if you come out here. Funny - got my *** kicked last week by a Race Prepped ZO6 at Button-Willow Raceway running 1:59s Clockwise with the Stops and a Rolex GT CUP Porsche - GT3. Motivation to make changes to my Gs Suspension and stiffness - Roll cage...

Kinda cool to lose to a Better Man/Car. The Corvette Beating inspired me to talk to Jay Chen at Sports Compact, get Pauter to kick in some Rods for the build, SCC got JE Pistons, SCC donated a Motor, JWT donated a 700 kit, and VRT the build, cooling system, Brakes, Suspension, and install - and we are going to try to Beat the Race Prepped New ZO6. Tall order with EQUAL Drivers - New ZO6 is as good as it gets. The ZO6 with Slicks, suspension, and motor mods is the Sh$t in a Straight line or Road Race track...Props to all involved and Thanks Jay for making it happen...We will need the luck.

Losing is fun from time to time if you can walk away with a lesson, trying to figure out the strategy to Beat Your Adversary who has beaten you and DOING IT with dignity and style - is the real challenge.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-19-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Would like to Run With the Car as Well when you Come to Vegas for SEMA Philthy...

Hope it kicks my car's *** if you come out here. Funny - got my *** kicked last week by a Race Prepped ZO6 at Button-Willow Raceway running 1:59s Clockwise with the Stops and a Rolex GT CUP Porsche - GT3. Motivation to make changes to my Gs Suspension and stiffness - Roll cage...

Kinda cool to lose to a Better Man/Car. The Corvette Beating inspired me to talk to Jay Chen at Sports Compact, get Pauter to kick in some Rods for the build, SCC got JE Pistons, SCC donated a Motor, JWT donated a 700 kit, and VRT the build, cooling system, Brakes, Suspension, and install - and we are going to try to Beat the Race Prepped New ZO6. Tall order with EQUAL Drivers - New ZO6 is as good as it gets. The ZO6 with Slicks, suspension, and motor mods is the Sh$t in a Straight line or Road Race track...Props to all involved and Thanks Jay for making it happen...We will need the luck.

Losing is fun from time to time if you can walk away with a lesson, trying to figure out the strategy to Beat Your Adversary who has beaten you and DOING IT with dignity and style - is the real challenge.

M
So you're going to do a build up with Sport Compact Car? Very cool..
Old 08-19-2006, 08:17 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
So you're going to do a build up with Sport Compact Car? Very cool..
Yes,

On its way...Tore apart the motor today and going to try to make a Z a legitimate rival to a New ZO6. Those cars are sooo fugging fast!

Will take picts on the build, we will start with the built motor first, then the turbos (BB700s and custom manifolds) and mount them on the block prior to installing the motor in the car, then all of the trimmings - fuel, suspension, Split Sceond, brakes, wheels and tires.

Fun stuff for sure. Trying to get this going ASAP, move to our new shop, and not Skip any of our current customers is going to be a fun yet challenging month of September. Thanks again for the kind comments.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-19-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 PM
chimmike

a 3.3 or lower final drive will be needed in that pumpkin for sure, IMO!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:02 PM
tig488

is it that hard to make a fully built, twin turbo with the bb700s outperform a new z06?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I am not going to give away Julian's proffession.. but Philthy... Julian is the last person on here you should issue and idle threat like that to
Old 08-19-2006, 09:05 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by chimmike
a 3.3 or lower final drive will be needed in that pumpkin for sure, IMO!
Have you used these gears? Need the strongest 4th and 5th gears possible.
Also, some extra love for the 0-60, the ZO6 can do almost 60 in 1st - Barely 2nd...Sucks...
Will also do skid pad, 1/4 mile, 0-60 etc. track times most likely Streets of Willow...
Going to be interesting. Fun and Educational. The cars will both be running 100 threadwear tires! Nittos, Toyos, or Cup tires...Probably not Hoosiers for they aren't a street tire.

Originally Posted by tig488
is it that hard to make a fully built, twin turbo with the bb700s outperform a new z06?
The New ZO6 is the Sh$t...No Joke, the sh$t...Take all of the paper stats away, GM/Corvette has perfected this machine and the Z and G are way out of their class trying to compete REGARDLESS of the build, turbos, brakes, or builder - still going to be fun...Road and track just tested the ZO6 against the 997 turbo and Ferrari 430 and the ZO6 killed them in perfecmance. The Ferrari Won the overall choice as the best car, yet the Vette killed the cars in Speed, Braking, cornering, etc...

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-20-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
I am not going to give away Julian's proffession.. but Philthy... Julian is the last person on here you should issue and idle threat like that to
threat? lol - give me a break... i asked the man if he wants to race, since when is that a threat?

Also, Julian (I'm guessing this is MRC?) is spewing misinformation and he needs to get his facts straight -
Old 08-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Navygolf13

I think it is funny that everything is misinformation unless it comes from PHILTY! LOL!

Last edited by Navygolf13; 08-20-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Have you used these gears? Need the strongest 4th and 5th gears possible.
Also, some extra love for the 0-60, the ZO6 can do almost 60 in 1st - Barely 2nd...Sucks...
Will also do skid pad, 1/4 mile, 0-60 etc. track times most likely Streets of Willow...
Going to be interesting. Fun and Educational. The cars will both be running 100 threadwear tires! Nittos, Toyos, or Cup tires...Probably not Hoosiers for they aren't a street tire.

Mike, I think the 3.3 or even lower gears are going to play a big part in how well you stick with it, allowing you to stay in gear longest, along with the increased revs (say to 7500rpm or better).....if you can get someone to make a 3.1 final for the pumpkin, that might help immensely.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:47 AM
abyss

Old 08-20-2006, 10:14 AM
chimmike

^too small to read, killer
Old 08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by chimmike
Mike, I think the 3.3 or even lower gears are going to play a big part in how well you stick with it, allowing you to stay in gear longest, along with the increased revs (say to 7500rpm or better).....if you can get someone to make a 3.1 final for the pumpkin, that might help immensely.
I agree with that. All that horspower is going to make the stock gear ratios a bit worthless in the low end. Mike I'm sure Jim and Clark could machine up a 3.1 final drive gear in a couple days.

Navygolf,
It was good talking to you yesterday at Autobacs. Car looks great as always and I'm glad we had a productive and friendly chat about everything. As I told you yesterday I'm very impressed with everything you guys have done to date. I've seen all the stuff Jim and Clark are doing behind the scenes here and as you know I don't doubt the numbers only some of the curves. I think Sharif hit the nail on the head. The numbers are there but the curves themselves seemed a bit happy. I think you understand what I mean by that after yesterday and know that I'm not talking **** I'm just saying what I think. Again thats my opinion and God knows I can be wrong. Either way I look forward to the new articles with Sport Compact.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:59 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I agree with that. All that horsepower is going to make the stock gear ratios a bit worthless in the low end. Mike I'm sure Jim and Clark could machine up a 3.1 final drive gear in a couple days.

Either way I look forward to the new articles with Sport Compact.
Mia,

I appreciate your opinions. Can we meet or talk this week about TN products?

Also - Will try to figure out GearingOther opions appreciated, perhaps need a new thread?

New ZO6...One thing talking about a race against a monster, whole nother story doing it and having a magazine writing a story about it.

Thanks Mia and Chimmike, will check out possibilities.

Z and G Dirft Day
www.Driftday.com

This Sunday, AUGUST 27, 2006. If you haven't registered, please do so ASAP.

M
Old 08-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I think it is funny that everything is misinformation unless it comes from PHILTY! LOL!
Dude, it's a fact - Don has owned Straight Line for several years - and it's not located at his house...

What's your beef? They're a half dozen people that posted pretty much the same exact thing that I have, maybe I've been a bit more direct, but grow some thicker skin if that bothers you...
Old 08-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Philthy
Dude, it's a fact - Don has owned Straight Line for several years - and it's not located at his house...

What's your beef? They're a half dozen people that posted pretty much the same exact thing that I have, maybe I've been a bit more direct, but grow some thicker skin if that bothers you...
I have shipped product to Straightline...definately a business address...not a home address.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

threat? lol - give me a break... i asked the man if he wants to race, since when is that a threat?

Also, Julian (I'm guessing this is MRC?) is spewing misinformation and he needs to get his facts straight -

Tell you what - since you're local, and you're in the spirit of talking crap, I'll take a ride down and talk with you... I'm sure Don would like to have a few words with you as well for your comments here.
really? didn't seem like that suggests you are setting up a race
Old 08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
turismo

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 3.3, 3.1 pumpkin.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:04 PM
chimmike

final drive gearing in the rear diff.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:19 PM
turismo

The lower the final gear, the taller the gearing? Where can I purchase one from and how hard is to install.

Quick Reply: 600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!