Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ed Dowell at Brainstorm Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:58 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a statement on the front of Brainstorms web page that their shop is no longer open for retail sales and they are contemplating an internet only approach. They have also changed their product line and only carry body kits and hoods. I'm not making this up.

www.brainstormperformance.com
Old 10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
buffmanjeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ghey, looks like i'll be going to GTM to handle my business.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry Jeff, we'll take care of you bud!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-14-2006, 03:45 PM
alpine

Thumbs up Update for ED & Brainstorm

Sorry it has taken me so long to get into this thread, life as usual has me buried...

I have some good news towards the end of this post...

Some of you know that I had a long standing relationship with Brainstorm and I can tell you that it is just unfortunate what has happened there, and it is no reflection of Ed.

I have been dealing with Brainstorm and Ed since Mid 2004, and this was after months and months of research as to "who my tuner was going to be" and how was I going to get more power the right way not just now, but going forward.

As some of you know, I had the first APS TT in southern cali, and that was all thanks to Roshan & Ed and the rest of the guys @ Brainstorm at THAT time.

I had seen many cars, done many ways, in many places, and they all had there ups & downs, as we all do, but I didn't see it happening at BrainStorm and so I went there, and have been pleased ever since.

My car has been through way more than most, and way more than it should have been, and it's been great. Daily Beatings, Track & Drag, and worst of all, Daily Driver.

I have referred several people & cars there, and never regretted it, until recently and as this thread is now made public, Brainstorm is closed at least as far as a "Retail Operations".

I'd also like to make it clear there has been a ownership change for well over a year now, take that as you may, I'm sure you've all heard, all kinds of stories before, during, and after the change.

All that I can tell you is that I know more than most.

I was only there a couple times during this time, and only because of Ed & Alex.

The important fact about that is that I haven't had any problems with my TT Kit, or the work that was done on my car since Mid 2004, and that is a reflection of Ed & Alex.

The good news I mentioned is that Ed & Alex are going to be available, in the near future, and I will be glad to provide that information as soon as I have it officially.

Until then, I believe Ed can be made available, by appointment through a couple of other shops that Ed has relations with.

If you are interested, PM me and I will see what I can do.

I know I wouldn't want anyone else working on my car if I had a choice, and I just about gave up when I came into this news.

Last edited by alpine; 10-14-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:51 PM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by alpine
Sorry it has taken me so long to get into this thread, life as usual has me buried...

I have some good news towards the end of this post...

Some of you know that I had a long standing relationship with Brainstorm and I can tell you that it is just unfortunate what has happened there, and it is no reflection of Ed.

I have been dealing with Brainstorm and Ed since Mid 2004, and this was after months and months of research as to "who my tuner was going to be" and how was I going to get more power the right way not just now, but going forward.

As some of you know, I had the first APS TT in southern cali, and that was all thanks to Roshan & Ed and the rest of the guys @ Brainstorm at THAT time.

I had seen many cars, done many ways, in many places, and they all had there ups & downs, as we all do, but I didn't see it happening at BrainStorm and so I went there, and have been pleased ever since.

My car has been through way more than most, and way more than it should have been, and it's been great. Daily Beatings, Track & Drag, and worst of all, Daily Driver.

I have referred several people & cars there, and never regretted it, until recently and as this thread is now made public, Brainstorm is closed at least as far as a "Retail Operations".

I'd also like to make it clear there has been a ownership change for well over a year now, take that as you may, I'm sure you've all heard, all kinds of stories before, during, and after the change.

All that I can tell you is that I know more than most.

I was only there a couple times during this time, and only because of Ed & Alex.

The important fact about that is that I haven't had any problems with my TT Kit, or the work that was done on my car since Mid 2004, and that is a reflection of Ed & Alex.

The good news I mentioned is that Ed & Alex are going to be available, in the near future, and I will be glad to provide that information as soon as I have it officially.

Until then, I believe Ed can be made available, by appointment through a couple of other shops that Ed has relations with.

If you are interested, PM me and I will see what I can do.

I know I wouldn't want anyone else working on my car if I had a choice, and I just about gave up when I came into this news.
Its no secret where Ed will be going, just look at the previous few posts. Thanks for the updates though.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:49 AM
alpine

Originally Posted by buffmanjeff
Its no secret where Ed will be going, just look at the previous few posts. Thanks for the updates though.
As I mentioned, "i know more than most", and what are in the previous posts to my post, has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

Just stay tuned.

Thanks,

FI
Old 10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed will be working with us here at GT Motorsports, If anyone needs anything please feel free to PM me. Ed is a great guy

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Ed will be working with us here at GT Motorsports, If anyone needs anything please feel free to PM me. Ed is a great guy

-George
GT Motorsports
That is GREAT News!

Ed is a genious and getting him and Sam involved is a great combo. Two mad scientists at one place

I'm glad Ed found a new better home!