Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS single TUrbo? yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
original786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS single TUrbo? yes or no

I have research a lot of threads, need last opinions now
im a college student never had a FI car so need opinions. I saved enough money to put a APS ST in my car
i know i have to get forge actuators, even tho i might not neeed it , im still going to get it for reliablity, also going to purchace a ASP ST exhaust 3.5inches. and remove my nismo exhaust, i guess that will out put more hp
and maybe goo with the RSP clutch and RPS flywheel?

hhat do you guys think of aps kit, and all the mods im going to add will elminate any problems, or dont get the kit at all??
please help!!

Thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

no
Old 10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
synth19

As we discussed in PM, yes. Just make sure you get it installed at an authorized installer.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
chimmike

or go Turbonetics who won't void your warranty if an authorized dealer doesn't do the install among the other issues that TN's customer service is far better hehehehe
Old 10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
doug

Originally Posted by chimmike
or go Turbonetics who won't void your warranty if an authorized dealer doesn't do the install among the other issues that TN's customer service is far better hehehehe
just brought back memories of someone going ape **** on you about always talking about TN when you didn't even mention TN in the thread
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by doug
just brought back memories of someone going ape **** on you about always talking about TN when you didn't even mention TN in the thread

I think that was one of those zivman sackriders
Old 10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

The APS and Turbonetics make great FI systems.

Personally, I prefer the JWT/s, as they make good hp with stock injectors and internals.

G
Old 10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just save another little bit of money and get a twin turbo kit. from all the reviews i have read, it sounds like everyone either wishes they went twins, or soon will. the only positive things i have read about that single kit is "my car is fast" ... yea well, that happens when you put a turbo on it, that isnt saying a whole lot. just get the twins right off the bat, it just makes more sense. why bother with return oil pumps, road clearance issues, boost dropping off problems, a terrible EMS solution, limited HP potential. skip all that junk, go for the prize.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EDIT: oops read that wrong

Last edited by phunk; 10-17-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 AM
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
just save another little bit of money and get a twin turbo kit. from all the reviews i have read, it sounds like everyone either wishes they went twins, or soon will. the only positive things i have read about that single kit is "my car is fast" ... yea well, that happens when you put a turbo on it, that isnt saying a whole lot. just get the twins right off the bat, it just makes more sense. why bother with return oil pumps, road clearance issues, boost dropping off problems, a terrible EMS solution, limited HP potential. skip all that junk, go for the prize.
i wish i did.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
doug

nah it was the guy from MD with the Supercharged G .. i think it was a Stillen SC thread
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Bullitproof

Do more research. there are plenty of people on all sides that will tell you why their kit is the best. you have to know your gaols and what power level you are looking for. if i knew i would have the disposable income i do now, i would have gone tt from the jump. but thats just me cuz i always want more power. if you are happy with under 400 hp, i would do s/c or single turbo. tt imo has too much potentail to be limited at sub 400whp levels. as a matter of fact, ask your installer which kit is best. some companies wont touch an aps kit. mine did and the only problems i have had is wanting more power. get off the forums and start talking to some shops.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM
synth19

original786 and I have been discussing his options over email. Remember guys, he's a college kid. The APS ST system is a nice complete kit for HIS needs. He will be running stock boost and hence I don't anticipate any major issues for him. Yes, unichip is limited, but for his purposes....he's FINE. I'm still on it, and I have no need to get a better fuel system or EMS until I turn up the boost in the spring.

With any system you get, you would have to upgrade the EMS anyways. All I'm saying is, for HIS purposes, the APS ST is a good choice. Alot of you guys need to look at the individual and what he/she is looking for. I guess I may have a slight advantage of that since we've been talking about options over PM....

There is also quite a bit of hype about issues, I would take those with a grain of salt, as many of these are overlly exaggerated by the non-owners. I had to catch myself one time when I started talking $hit about the TN kit and engine heat issues. I honestly have no experience or know anyone with this kit, so why would I perpetuate this perception? So now I keep my mouth shut. The same thing goes for the APS ST...I don't have any clearance issues with the location of the turbo. With my tein S-tech's it more then fine. I do however see a problem if I was SLAMMED. Just do your research and weigh the positives and negatives.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:05 AM
synth19

Gimmie a break, they are way more TN sackriders on this forum then APS. I try to stay neutral.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
doug

Originally Posted by synth19
Gimmie a break, they are way more TN sackriders on this forum then APS. I try to stay neutral.

you just got your APS Kit.. its not like you had time to even start sack riding yet...

besides.. no one sack rides APS.. its just Zivman vs everyone else.. all the APS fan boys are on motoring
Old 10-17-2006, 11:20 AM
sugarspunZ

i for one wish i had gone with TT's however i made my ST bed and now i am going to sleep in it.
i think the race is on for us ST guys to hit 500whp, and i think it is very atainable. synth19 is in the lead, but not for long. give me 9months and we shall see.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM
sugarspunZ

you just got your APS Kit.. its not like you had time to even start sack riding yet...

besides.. no one sack rides APS.. its just Zivman vs everyone else.. all the APS fan boys are on motoring
the aps fan boys need to take a xanx or 2. i for one this the aps is a very good however the turbo is the biggest pos ever. i think my girlfriends hairdryer would work better than my turbo.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:23 AM
doug

well everyone loves APS Turbo's because of the extra 2 mins you have to leave your car running to cool down your turbo's when you run them hard
Old 10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Bullitproof

I think he will be fine with the aps kit if its installed by a authorized shop. unichip maybe a crappy ems to some, but it's better than no ems at all. i switched to utec because i wanted selectable maps. when i was at the 380whp power levels i had no detonation, clean a/f ratios and plenty of power. i wouldnt go with the aps 3.5 inch exhaust. i prefer the stealth route right now and the aps st exhaust bolts right up, sounds a little louder than stock and is a perfect match to the aps sigle turbo kit. if you have anymore questions, hit me up with a pm. here's a brief look at how my shop built my aps st:

http://www.carv2.com/site/project_detail.cfm?id=443
Old 10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
sugarspunZ

well everyone loves APS Turbo's because of the extra 2 mins you have to leave your car running to cool down your turbo's when you run them hard
isnt there a little device called a turbo timer to solve that problem?

damn i wouldnt mind waiting 10 mins if my turbo worked right

Quick Reply: APS single TUrbo? yes or no