Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech owners.. question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
look, until u get your car on the dynojet and have a sheet saying 39X, be happy with the 367 u have in your sign. U can't really add in the correcting factors due to the fact we arent NA. I dont doubt it will be higher then 367 but it could range from 1-20% difference.

I'm just trying to save u the shame if u one day wanted to race another AT 350z with 390hp on a real dynojet vs your estimated 390hp number and get your *** handed to u. THen, u will go on this forum and cry and write about how the F#(K u lost by a bus length.
Dude, I have been F/I for a year and a half and have gained enough knowledge about this kind of stuff to not need your comments. I didnt ask for your comments and neither did the OP, so I would appreciate if you would shut your mouth until I or someone asks you to talk to them. If you have something that is helpful to the OP, then by all means speak it. But if all you are going to do is downplay what I have said, please keep your comments to yourself. This is my last post in regards to your BS comments so if you respond again, it will fall to deaf ears! Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:44 PM
palmerwmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
Beyond bumping up the idle, is there any way to have a Vortech on a Z and NOT have it rattle at idle?

(sorry for the hijack)
I have an ATI and trsut me it rattles worse.
on a parking lot people turn look and if I ahd a dollar for every time I heard "Dude whats wrong with your Motor?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Phaneom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
That's pretty sweet man, how much customizing did you have to do to get that CAI the way you wanted it?

Also, did you also notice a decrease in noise at idle after going this route?
It was not very hard to do. Just start at one end and cut the pipes bit by bit to make them have a nice fit. At the bend I used the polished pipe (from the old Injen CAI) and slide the rubber pipe over the ends to make the connection. I wanted something solid at the bend to make sure there is not suction on the pipe when pulling lots of air. As for the noise. I don't think it made to much of a difference. My kit has never really been that bad, and when I put the 3.12 pulley on, it seems to make it a little quitter. Might have just been my imagination. The idle increase really helps though.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:25 PM
DMK

Originally Posted by Phaneom
It was not very hard to do. Just start at one end and cut the pipes bit by bit to make them have a nice fit. At the bend I used the polished pipe (from the old Injen CAI) and slide the rubber pipe over the ends to make the connection. I wanted something solid at the bend to make sure there is not suction on the pipe when pulling lots of air. As for the noise. I don't think it made to much of a difference. My kit has never really been that bad, and when I put the 3.12 pulley on, it seems to make it a little quitter. Might have just been my imagination. The idle increase really helps though.
Can anyone else comment on it getting quieter with a smaller pulley?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Phaneom

It might have seemed different becasue the 3.12 pulley that I got was a much tighter fit. For some reason the 3.33 with the pin in it still had some movement. Like I said most likely my imagination. When I get a chance this week i'll see if I can get a sound clip for you guys.