Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z Turbonetics Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Todd350ZX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Turbonetics Turbo

T60-1 BAL BEARING TURBO.

I was told that this will put out up to 450HP, more HP than the TT. Is the spool up bad since it's such a big turbo? Does anybody have this turbo? I've heard of people using NOS to fill in the lag when spooling up the turbo. I'm really considering this kit instead of the Greddy TT. What is the real world opinion when comoparing these 2 kits? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Icedoutpenguin

Popular kit if amount of owners goes for anything. Word is we have a search button though. You will be surprised about what you can find in there.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are looking at making about 430 flywheel horespower with the Turbonetics kit as/is on an unmodified vehicle.

The cost of the Turbonetics kit is much cheaper, and much less expensive to install.

The turbo lag is there but minimal. It will put a smile on your face. For the same price as the Greddy kit w/intercooler you can add a TurboXS UTEC engine managment to the Turbonetics tuner kit, Deatshwerks440 injectors, a good tune, a Topspeed exhaust and have a little more power and a much safer running vehicle.

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 09-07-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
MIAPLAYA

Turbonetics has been working well for me...35k+ miles with no issues.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Vinny@VTR

They are great kits. Lots of information on these boards about the Turbonetics. If you have any questions you can always call me: 516.942.2996
Old 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Todd350ZX

Originally Posted by noah@prfmcemotor
They are great kits. Lots of information on these boards about the Turbonetics. If you have any questions you can always call me: 516.942.2996
Thanks Noah. Do you sell Turbonetic kits? I've done a lot of research and I think this is the kit I want. I'm shying away from the Greddy TT as I also hear that the TT has to be stuffed under the hood.

What are the installation labor hours on this kit? Do you recommend a place I can get the best price on everything? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:41 PM
josh846

go to Noah, if they can do the JWT TT and get that, might cost a little more at first, but after you spend what you are going to have to spend after getting the TN ST it will be somewhat close in cost, and you will have Twins. I bought the TN kit, and well if i had it to do over again i would definetly go JWT TT. Noah is a great guy to buy from. I bought from him when he was with another vendor, and would buy from him now, that is if I hadn't already bought everything i needed.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Todd350ZX

Originally Posted by josh846
go to Noah, if they can do the JWT TT and get that, might cost a little more at first, but after you spend what you are going to have to spend after getting the TN ST it will be somewhat close in cost, and you will have Twins. I bought the TN kit, and well if i had it to do over again i would definetly go JWT TT. Noah is a great guy to buy from. I bought from him when he was with another vendor, and would buy from him now, that is if I hadn't already bought everything i needed.
Why would you go TT? I've read many times that the single large turbo TN kit puts out a little bit more power than the TT. Is that right? Maybe I'm just looking at comparisons against a Greddy, not a JWT?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Vinny@VTR

One word - Torque!!!!

Todd feel free to give me a call. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:35 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by josh846
go to Noah, if they can do the JWT TT and get that, might cost a little more at first, but after you spend what you are going to have to spend after getting the TN ST it will be somewhat close in cost.
Close in cost? Ahhhhh no.

JET
Old 09-07-2006, 04:27 PM
ActionJackson

T'netics $5500, JWT TT 6900 $1400 difference for more HP potential, faster spooling turbo, and more torque is pretty close I'd say.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:30 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd350ZX
I'm really considering this kit instead of the Greddy TT. .
it is in my humble opinion that if you get all the supporting modifications, the Greddy TT kit is the best Kit on the market
Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Todd350ZX
Why would you go TT? I've read many times that the single large turbo TN kit puts out a little bit more power than the TT. Is that right? Maybe I'm just looking at comparisons against a Greddy, not a JWT?

common misconception due to the fact that most SupraTT owners change from their sequential stock twin setup to a big single setup.

think about it... two turbo's of the same size will make more power than 1 turbo...

HKS Twins on a MKIV Supra is a monster... most owners usually opt for the single setup, but around here you will find out real quick .. Twins car more power and have more area under the curve..
Old 09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
taurran

One word - Torque!!!!

Todd feel free to give me a call. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions.
Actually, the turbonetics kit puts down some nice torque, much nicer midrange torque than the TT kits on the market. (look at my sig)

I'm hesitant to believe some of the JWT torque numbers I've seen because of the dyno and the source...
Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
T'netics $5500, JWT TT 6900 $1400 difference for more HP potential, faster spooling turbo, and more torque is pretty close I'd say.
Lets not forget the $1500 + more it costs to install the JWT TT.

JET
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Lets not forget the $1500 + more it costs to install the JWT TT.

JET
Bingo the price difference on install is another $1000 easily.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Vinny@VTR

I too feel that some dyno's displaying the TQ of JWTs may not be accurate. I know first hand that Turbonetics can make sick power and look absolutely beautiful under the hood. One thing I can say for sure is that you will be happy with any set-up. Best way to know which kit suits your needs is to go out for a ride in them. The JWT makes torque very low in the RPM range but the Turbonetics feels amazing once the boost kicks in. In regards to GReddy, when appropriate measures are taken they do produce incredible power...but I think our Borg-Warner set-up takes the prize....just have a look....and this car is street legal!!! http://www.theexperience.com/record.htm
Old 09-08-2006, 06:25 AM
doug

I too feel that some dyno's displaying the TQ of JWTs may not be accurate. I know first hand that Turbonetics can make sick power and look absolutely beautiful under the hood. One thing I can say for sure is that you will be happy with any set-up. Best way to know which kit suits your needs is to go out for a ride in them. The JWT makes torque very low in the RPM range but the Turbonetics feels amazing once the boost kicks in. In regards to GReddy, when appropriate measures are taken they do produce incredible power...but I think our Borg-Warner set-up takes the prize....just have a look....and this car is street legal!!! http://www.theexperience.com/record.htm
mods list?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:26 AM
chimmike

I saw that car at PRI back in December.....dunno who was there but I talked to the two guys who were sitting with the car
Old 09-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Vinny@VTR

The Silver Street Legal Car is running the same built motor and heads we install in every built motored 350Z/G35 we do. I just posted the specs on the heads in a new thread in the engine/FI section. The Block is sleeved and running custom made to our specs (my lips are sealed) carillo rods and CP Pistons. Custom spec'd Borg Warner turbos and a TH400 with our own Performance Motorsports CNC'd Trans adaptor. That run was on 31psi. Just wait to see what we're gonna do with some JWT cars out there. Finishing up a few as we speak. I'll let the owner's chime in when the time comes.

Quick Reply: 350z Turbonetics Turbo