Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT Installation cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 AM
silver nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy TT Installation cost

Guys i was just wondering how much did your TT cost you to install and as well as if any of you had to build the engine, how much does that cost.
I specified the greddy TT coz as i heard the power inter. could be installed while the engine is still in its place.
Nothing much just doing a price comp.
Thanx for the help regards
Old 09-13-2006, 02:19 AM
taurran

You can install the Greddy TT kit without pulling the motor. Last I heard, going price on these installs was about 2k (maybe changed since then).
Old 09-13-2006, 02:23 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by taurran
You can install the Greddy TT kit without pulling the motor. Last I heard, going price on these installs was about 2k (maybe changed since then).
Well not to the way they are doing it in here they take it out to hae enough space to modify the bridge on the front bumper some ppl just cut the pridge that maks it a lot faster and cheeper but not safer.
Thanx for the price i think its nearly the same looking at the fact that there is only 1 man 1 garage for perfect job in here.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

FYI, pulling the motor make is easier to TQ all the bolts properly and ensure a proper install, plus while its out, you can upgrade the clutch which you will need..We charge $2500 for a TT install..Plugs and oil inclusive..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:33 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

+1 $2500 to $3000. It pays to spend a little more and get it it done right the first time. Make sure you take it to a shop that has installed many of these kits. Sometimes it might be wise to just ship the car to a reputable shop, like let say forged performance.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We charge $2600 for all of the TT installs, and we remove the engine and tranny as one unit. As MRC mentioned, it makes for a very clean and perfectly routed/safe installation process.

Basic shortblocks usually work out to about $6500-$6900 parts and labor.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
IslandZavage

does it cost around the same for installing it with the motor in the car?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
sands

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Basic shortblocks usually work out to about $6500-$6900 parts and labor.
Is that with or without a TT system already installed on the car prior to installing the new motor?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 PM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
I wouldn't even want to see it done with the motor inside, I think it will take longer time and a lot of the bolt ons i wont trust them being fitted the way they shoud be.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 PM
silver nismo

Ok I asked coz i wanted to have an idea, In hear with a perfect job done, motor out every thing installed and looking good and shiny, 6 Zs with trouble free has been its the only shope we have and its cost 1700$ for the TT and the same to build an engine. Cause he is a verey good friend i got the price 1800$ for building my engine, placing the TT on the engine, installing the clutch, fule system, line lock, and the boost controller.... so after seeing the prices in the US i think he is realy doing me a favor
Old 09-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sands
Is that with or without a TT system already installed on the car prior to installing the new motor?

Thanks.
Im sure Sharif will answer, but I'd think thats without a TT kit already installed. If you have one in and do a block later, it will obviously cost more labor to take off your kit, and get to the motor, then reinstall everything....trust me I know. I wish I would have done it all at once
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

If the turbo kit is already installed, we charge a little bit extra to remove/reinstall it for you. If you are installing a brand new kit, we still charge for the turbo install as we normally would.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
We wont even attempt it with the engine in the car. Some shops might do things differently, but this is the correct method that works for us.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Mahdivr4

quick question, I want to do the same exact thing. I want to have a short block build and install the Greddy TT kit. My question is, do you guys charge 2 times, even when the engine is out already for either install? I am just a bit confused on how much the total labor is going to be to install the kit and also install a build short block? I thought it would be like $3,000 for both, since the engine is going to be out anyways while doing the kit install and then a little extra to install the short block??

Thanks

Mahdi
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Mahdivr4
quick question, I want to do the same exact thing. I want to have a short block build and install the Greddy TT kit. My question is, do you guys charge 2 times, even when the engine is out already for either install? I am just a bit confused on how much the total labor is going to be to install the kit and also install a build short block? I thought it would be like $3,000 for both, since the engine is going to be out anyways while doing the kit install and then a little extra to install the short block??

Thanks

Mahdi
Physically removing the engine is actually a very straightforward process, and takes about 3 hours, and about 3 hours to put it back in. The breakdown and reassmbly of the engine is the time consuming part. So if we were to do an engine buildup, in conjunction with a Turbo Kit install, the price of the turbo kit installation remains unchanged, since we still have to install the kit. Does that make sense?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Mahdivr4

Physically removing the engine is actually a very straightforward process, and takes about 3 hours, and about 3 hours to put it back in. The breakdown and reassmbly of the engine is the time consuming part. So if we were to do an engine buildup, in conjunction with a Turbo Kit install, the price of the turbo kit installation remains unchanged, since we still have to install the kit. Does that make sense?

Yeah I got it, and thanks a lot for the quick response. I really wish you guys where close to me, hell I might just ship to you guys. I love how you guys are always on the board and helping people even if it would not affect your business.

Thanks a lot and appreciate all your help

Mahdi
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Mahdivr4
Yeah I got it, and thanks a lot for the quick response. I really wish you guys where close to me, hell I might just ship to you guys. I love how you guys are always on the board and helping people even if it would not affect your business.

Thanks a lot and appreciate all your help

Mahdi
We appreciate the comments. Oklahoma is not too far...people have been driving from all over the place....come on down! Just imagine the very FAST drive home.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Mahdivr4

We appreciate the comments. Oklahoma is not too far...people have been driving from all over the place....come on down! Just imagine the very FAST drive home.

lol yeah, it would be a very fast drive home It gets me excited even thinking about it