Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Baby at 13 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:54 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if you can come down to SD Todd.

Would love to see you again.

M
Old 09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by Alberto
Do you know how much timing you run around redline? Im curious to see how agressive it's tuned....
I don't know, only thing I do know is that Sam said he tuned it very conservatively with lots of room left
Old 09-14-2006, 07:04 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
sorry man...i was gonna call you ...my only day that i really have is friday..i get in to LAX 8am, then I was planning on driving to GTM from there...skip class and meet me there, we'll go have an early lunch

-TODD
Too bad, I have to work on Friday and it's about 1 1/2 hours away from Rancho in Simi Valley
Old 09-14-2006, 07:30 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
Too bad, I have to work on Friday and it's about 1 1/2 hours away from Rancho in Simi Valley
Do you have your car back yet? I'm visiting my parents in Westlake Village (15 minutes from Simi)...let me know, we'll meet up

-TODD
Old 09-14-2006, 07:37 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
Do you have your car back yet? I'm visiting my parents in Westlake Village (15 minutes from Simi)...let me know, we'll meet up

-TODD
I'm picking it up tomorrow.

send me a pm and if you have time we can meet for lunch
Old 09-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Goerge@GTMotors

thanks everyone for all kind words ,

preliminary timing setting for braking in period 10-12 degrees at peak torque and about 14 -16 at red line ,car been very stable ,and defiantly the aps extreme fuel system is making my job a little easier ,since they are not using rising fuel press regulators ,so I can utilize the f con to it fullest capabilities.steel there is a lot of head room for more timing and leaner air fuel ratio after brake in .we had install the 12 mm stud upgrade ,so 22 PSI should be very doable with the 12 -19 PSI springs .

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Goerge@GTMotors; 09-15-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice...thanks for the info.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work...thats a really sweet power curve....on on 91 octane crap CA fuel...pretty amazing.

Tomcat: PM sent.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:50 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sam is the man! Nice job. Cant wait to see that beast at the track Thomas!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:09 PM
mrtomcat

I picked up the car this morning and almost peed my pants
Holy crab it's fast!

It feels amazing, it purrs like a kitten on idle and you wouldn't even noticed that there's a build engine.
I just have to learn how to drive in first with the ATS clutch, that's going to take some getting used to but other than that it feels great.

A few minor issues that hopefully can be resolved once the engine is all broken in: My cruise control does no longer work, not sure if that will work with the Fcon or not. The Fuel gauge does not read correctly it has to do with the APS Extreme Fuel System, Sam is still trying to figure that part out.
Basically I have to watch my mileage for now.
Also my racelogic does not get a proper RPM signal anymore, I have to double check if it might have to get hooked up somewhere else now

Bottomline: I am extremely happy with the results so far, Sam and the guys at GTM did an amazing job and I can only recomend them.

Now I need to go begging since I am as broke as it gets....but better poor and having a fast car than rich and having to walk
Old 09-15-2006, 05:09 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Holy crab it's fast!

It feels amazing, it purrs like a kitten on idle and you wouldn't even noticed that there's a build engine.
I just have to learn how to drive in first with the ATS clutch, that's going to take some getting used to but other than that it feels great.

A few minor issues that hopefully can be resolved once the engine is all broken in: My cruise control does no longer work, not sure if that will work with the Fcon or not. The Fuel gauge does not read correctly it has to do with the APS Extreme Fuel System, Sam is still trying to figure that part out.
Also my racelogic does not get a proper RPM signal anymore, I have to double check if it might have to get hooked up somewhere else now

Bottomline: I am extremely happy with the results so far, Sam and the guys at GTM did an amazing job and I can only recomend them.

Now I need to go begging since I am as broke as it gets....but better poor and having a fast car than rich and having to walk
Like the last line.... my philosophy! lol
Old 09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Gman2004

with the FCON you will loose cruise control. I don't know anyone on this forum that has been able to get it to work with the FCON.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
mrtomcat

sam just mentioned that there is a way, when I bring the car back in two weeks they'll try that
Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 PM
sa@lol

congratulation, good job
Old 09-16-2006, 05:14 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Gman2004
with the FCON you will loose cruise control. I don't know anyone on this forum that has been able to get it to work with the FCON.

IIRC Phunk got his criuse to work with the FCON, either that or he knows how to do it.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:15 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Holy crab it's fast!

Congrats!!!!! Now go run some low 11s/high 10s
Old 09-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Holy crab it's fast!

Awesome to hear you got your car back. I hope you at least have enough $ to fill the tank a couple times.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Holy crab it's fast!

I hear you. I am stocking up on tuna fish and ramen noodles for my engine build this Dec.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 PM
jdx911

Originally Posted by Gman2004
My cruise control works fine with the FCON Vpro. I actually use it quite frequently.

JDX
Old 09-16-2006, 02:09 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea the cruise works just fine, i think i heard that there were some issues with the automatics and cruise tho.

When I first installed the FCON, my cruise didnt work, but I knew why it wasnt working. It was related to a change HKS was originally recommending to be made in the FCON harness, and I knew thats what it was. When I asked Sam at GT Motorsports he told me that he never made that change and that the cruise always worked, so there was my confirmation that it was definatly the problem.

Basically, here is the problem.

Our cars have a accelerator position sensor (Gas pedal sensor) and a TPS sensor. The guys at HKS had me wire the FCON to run the acceleration enrichment off the accel sensor. Normally this is done off the TPS, cause the TPS is more imporant then the APS (not the australians, but the sensor). Most cars dont even have an APS sensor.

HKS was thrown off by the 350z, because if the key is off and the engine is not running, unless the car is in gear, the throttle does not open or close. HKS looked at this incorrectly, they thought that the TPS just didnt read when the car wasnt in gear... so they thought if you rev'd the engine out of gear, that the accel enrichment wouldnt kick in... so thats why they wanted it on the APS.

The problem here, is that when the ECU opens or closes the throttle to maintain speed, when your EMS is looking only at the APS for accell and decel enrichments, it doesnt see that the throttle is moving by the ECUs command. This owuld cause it to run all sorts of f'd up and stutter.

By disabling the APS reading adn running it just off the TPS, my cruise control works just fine now.

Quick Reply: My Baby at 13 PSI