Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
skyydiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want it done right...you go see Sharif at Forged! If you want to work with someone that has integrity, you go see Sharif at Forged! If you want a great buying/installation experience, you go see Sharif at Forged!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:08 PM
k3silk

to bad he moved from NC down to GA cause thats 10-12 hours away
Old 10-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

None of the AAM stuff is cheap. Nor are their services cheap. But I fail to see how they tried to f*ck you over.

Charging more than what you think is fair does not make them the bad guy in my eyes. That's just capitalism.

Some homeless looking guy was wispering and pointing at me from the other side of the counter.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:18 PM
GMZ

I was looking at AAM to install my Vortech, glad I did it myself. I dont think Sharif can be beat by anyone on the East Coast. GTM on the West Coast.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
TENGAI

Reputations are built up easily at first - but then it's all about how you handle the downhill slide with a few customers. If you do the exceptional thing and really go out on a limb to take care of people, then you're golden. But if not, you end up on this thread getting thrashed by the masses.

Owning a business, I've always thought that you had to commit yourself as a business owner to your customers. Without them, you name is dirt and your business reputation will slowly go to ****. I've always tried to keep that in mind...

As always, just my $.02
Old 10-08-2006, 02:29 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When shops start making MILK money , they soon dont have any cookie's to go with it .
Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I have personally always gone through Intenerpower.com for all my shoping neeeds, the some of the most honest guys out there, they really strive on customer service, and great prices also.

As far as getting stuff done it jsut depends on eachs experiecnes...
Again I went with intense and they have done an amazing job on my car. Just extremly happy with this guys I doubt i will ever go with anybody else for my Z needs than intense.

FRom what i hear for yah all east cost people Sharif is the place to go. I talked to him a few times asking for suggestions and hes is very honest too.

Knowledge and honesty together does have a price, but in the end its worth it.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
None of the AAM stuff is cheap. Nor are their services cheap. But I fail to see how they tried to f*ck you over.

Charging more than what you think is fair does not make them the bad guy in my eyes. That's just capitalism.

You need to take a step back, read my OP, then revise your response...
AAM tried to charge me TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a TN setup w/UTEC...
They also told me that I was getting a "DEAL" I was getting "HOOKED UP"..
So what would the price have been without the "HOOK UP"? Maybe you wanna lick their A$$ for whatever reason and that's fine, obviously that's your thing... I don't like being screwed, I expect to be treated with a certain amount of respect, not taken for all the money they can get....
Old 10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

just go to mrc or performance simple =D
Old 10-08-2006, 03:08 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
So what would the price have been without the "HOOK UP"? Maybe you wanna lick their A$$ for whatever reason and that's fine, obviously that's your thing... I don't like being screwed, I expect to be treated with a certain amount of respect, not taken for all the money they can get....
Well when you add the kit, fuel system, utec, install and tune and whatever little misc parts that sounds about right. I still cant really understand your first post. If you want it done cheap go to the honda world.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Just going buy what everything is priced on the site:

Turbonetics Single Turbo system: $5665.00
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FI

UTEC: $999.00
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_EM

UTEC Map Sensor $119.00

Turbo XS Tuner W/B logger $379.00

So far that is $7162.00 in just parts. Now you also say they would need to do some custom work to get this to fit an 06' model so figure that and the labor to do the install and the price for tuning and you would be up to about $9000.00

This is not adding in the bigger injectors/fuel return system that they wanted you to get. (do you need those? not for me to say.)

This also did not calculate the clutch which in all honesty I think is a wise investment anyways.

I honestly dont see why you are so worked up.

oh and by the way, I am not on anyones ***** or licking anyones ***. So there is no need for an agressive attitude towards me. I am just pointing out that Forced Induction is not cheap. No Matter where you go to have it done.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
TheCajunStyle

Originally Posted by Osix350Z

I think you need to go back the OP and explain why you actually spent $10k+ on a TN setup. With the knowledge that these forums provide to you, you should have realized that something fishy was up when AAM told you it would take $10k+ to have a reliable FI setup producing <400whp. Looks like you slipped up a little bit.

What sort of recourse have you taken up with AAM? They always seem to make things good when people contront them with the issue...

Last edited by TheCajunStyle; 10-08-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by meatbag
Well when you add the kit, fuel system, utec, install and tune and whatever little misc parts that sounds about right. I still cant really understand your first post. If you want it done cheap go to the honda world.
LOL, 10,000 for a TN kit is WAY high... What are you smoking? I didn't want it done cheap, I wanted a FAIR price. For the record, up to 400whp a fuel system is not necessary.. You need to sit down and do some basic math, then maybe you will see the flaw in their price quote.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
This is not adding in the bigger injectors/fuel return system that they wanted you to get. (do you need those? not for me to say.)

This also did not calculate the clutch which in all honesty I think is a wise investment anyways.

oh and by the way, I am not on anyones ***** or licking anyones ***. So there is no need for an agressive attitude towards me. I am just pointing out that Forced Induction is not cheap. No Matter where you go to have it done.
Well put. Calm down brother!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Just going buy what everything is priced on the site:

Turbonetics Single Turbo system: $5665.00
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FI

UTEC: $999.00

UTEC Map Sensor $119.00

Turbo XS Tuner W/B logger $379.00

So far that is $7162.00 in just parts. Now you also say they would need to do some custom work to get this to fit an 06' model so figure that and the labor to do the install and the price for tuning and you would be up to about $9000.00

The kit was a tuner kit.. $4500 shipped. from aam
The utec was $800 from aam
map sensor was $110 from aam
Got 550c injectors for $350
TXS wideband $400
Fuel pump $100
Oil pan spacer $90
Gauges $275
No need for a clutch, the stock clutch is fine for the power level.
No need for a fuel system either at the power level.
03 steering rack $200
cut and weld charge pipe $150..

even with $1500 labor on top of all that (which is high) and $600 for tuning.. That still only comes out to $8500..... Your figures are off.

I had it done for about $7500
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
k3silk

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7

lol its funny cause you dont live around here or else you would know what alot of the Mid A guys are talking about. Every one around here know whats up but not many people talk about it in AAM face. we go to meets and shows and everyone is all smiling up in "AAM"Mikes face but when he walks away everyone looks at each other and knows whats up.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by TheCajunStyle
I think you need to go back the OP and explain why you actually spent $10k+ on a TN setup. With the knowledge that these forums provide to you, you should have realized that something fishy was up when AAM told you it would take $10k+ to have a reliable FI setup producing <400whp. Looks like you slipped up a little bit.

What sort of recourse have you taken up with AAM? They always seem to make things good when people contront them with the issue...
I didn't get it done there, I took the discounted parts and got it done else where.... I decided that if they were going to try to screw me that I would just screw them first.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:34 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nevermind.

Last edited by XBS; 10-08-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Hmmm.. Not suprising..

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!