Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

*** JWT BB530's and BB700's side by side ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Wow, this thread got out of hand quickly.

350Zzzz: Not sure what you meant by this comment. I had no intention of discrediting anything that you, 1G, or Vinny are doing. Vinny is an amazing guy, and I met him last year at SEMA. I have a lot of respect for his ability to build some crazy fast drag cars. I did not post one iota of negativity or criticism towards him, you, or anyone on this thread. Just wanted to make that clear.

All good. The JWT is a well designed kit for its intended purpose. The stock kit is designed for stock engines at moderate boost and power levels. Jim Wolf himself told me about 520whp max efficient power (with a built motor of course). Beyond that, he suggested the 700BB that you posted above, which is rated at about 700whp. As MIA and MRC posted, theoretical valves are just that...theory. Actual user power levels are going to vary, based on more variables that one can list. So it would not be unusual for someone to achieve, more OR less power with these kits.

Hope that clears it up.
Don't worry be happy.........this is the nature of posting on forums......not much time to say what you want to say.....not much time to explain either.....you post and hope people don't ride on single phrases and go crazy with the need to prove their point right....

Everything we go through here needs to be taken lightly and not hold on to text book theories but wait and see real life testing. Knowing Vinny all these years, I am confident that he will come up with surprises that will be far from the norm or the industry’s paradigm.; with Vinny it is all about pushing the envelop.

I never thought that I’d rebuild my VQ to this extent until I sat with Vinny 2 years ago, and I have to thank the Rubios for introducing me to Vinny. After chatting with Vinny, I was convinced that it was time for a VTR motor. Granted we went overboard with this VTR motor, truly and overkill for a street car; but it’ll be fun to see what it can do, the extent of Vinny’s genius.

Back to the ball bearings 700

I heard that the BB700 may have a JWT custom designed ball; anyone heard something about that?

G

Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Back to the ball bearings 700

I heard that the BB700 may have a JWT custom designed ball; anyone heard something about that?

G

Old 11-16-2006, 03:58 PM
tig488

yeah its round.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Sorry, I meant to say wheel.....I suppose it was the swedish meat ***** I had for lunch I hope that got some laughs from the grumps

G
Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Sorry, I meant to say wheel.....I suppose it was the swedish meat ***** I had for lunch I hope that got some laughs from the grumps

G
G,

I got your Swedish meat ***** right here...
Also, every turbo kit claims to have "custom turbos" made specially for them...Do you know what that would cost the kit makers to do as far as R&D goes..Look at APS turbos..They claim to be some custom turbo, yet simply a GT28 with a GT30 compesser side..I highly doubt, any company is going to spend the money for a Turbo manufacturer, to custom design a turbine wheel and housing for a turbo kit they might sell 500 of world wide, ever...

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 11-16-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:29 PM
tig488

exactly, lots of companies say its custom, you know what they do, they get a comp housing from this turbo, a turbine housing from this turbo, grind off the logos or add their own, and bam, a custom turbo. large companies like garrett spend LOTS of money on R&D, and all the machines, because they know they will sell 100,000 turbos, but most of these companies that make "custom" turbos, cant afford to do the work. even TN did it for a while, or does it.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:21 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by tig488
exactly, lots of companies say its custom, you know what they do, they get a comp housing from this turbo, a turbine housing from this turbo, grind off the logos or add their own, and bam, a custom turbo. large companies like garrett spend LOTS of money on R&D, and all the machines, because they know they will sell 100,000 turbos, but most of these companies that make "custom" turbos, cant afford to do the work. even TN did it for a while, or does it.
I assure you that since I have been involved with Turbonetics and the crew up there they have never used a "re-badged" turbo. Turbonetics designs and builds all their own units..
Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
tig488

i put the "does it" part in there for you MIA. but they didnt start out building their own.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by tig488
i put the "does it" part in there for you MIA. but they didnt start out building their own.
Actually isnt Turbonetics and Garrett all owned by the same Space and Aero company??Kelly industries or something like that??
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Very impressive J; as you are quite right. KELLY AEROSPACE did aquire part of the turbo line from Honeywell, but only the Garrett aircraft turbocharger product line.

It was only later, around 1999 that KELLY AEROSPACE INC aquired California based Turbonetics, Inc.

But Garrett automotive turbochargers line still belongs to HONEYWELL INTL INC.

Very good J

G
Old 11-16-2006, 10:07 PM
MIAPLAYA

Very impressive J; as you are quite right. KELLY AEROSPACE did aquire part of the turbo line from Honeywell, but only the Garrett aircraft turbocharger product line.

It was only later, around 1999 that KELLY AEROSPACE INC aquired California based Turbonetics, Inc.

But Garrett automotive turbochargers line still belongs to HONEYWELL INTL INC.

Very good J

G
Old 11-19-2006, 01:40 PM
zemaestro

I'm not even sure what's going on here, but Jim Wolf and Clark Steppler have forgotten more then most of you know.....Clark actually helped Bill Gates design Microsoft...Geez
Old 11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by zemaestro
I'm not even sure what's going on here, but Jim Wolf and Clark Steppler have forgotten more then most of you know.....Clark actually helped Bill Gates design Microsoft...Geez
LOL!!! Actually, Bill gates didnt design windows, he purchased it from someone for around $15000 in the early 80's. Apple Computers originally shot down the original designer in a marketing attempt and bill gates bought it,marketed it, and now controls the entire universe Now thats some serious OWNAGE for the poor guy who sold it for 15k...lol, I hope he bought stock in Microsoft or Bottled Water at the same time.
FYI, not to flame or cause a ruckuss, but some foood for thought...Jim Wolf technology has been around a while and makes some killer products and know their SH iT inside and out no doubt..However they are not the first people to ever turbocharge a Nissan and they wont be the last..
Also FYI, the worlds fastest 350Z that Performance Motorsports was powered by Turbonetics turbos
Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Enron Exec

Off topic, sorry.

Why is the engine in your sig running 6 strokes? Is it suppsoe to be a VQ running the Miller cycle or something?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:50 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by Enron Exec
Off topic, sorry.

Why is the engine in your sig running 6 strokes? Is it suppsoe to be a VQ running the Miller cycle or something?
Must be the oxygenated fuel that’s causing the knock, Mr Lay

G

Old 11-22-2006, 01:58 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

PS: I brought the Z home yesterday evening, what a rush driving home from LI. My utmost appreciation goes to Vinny, Damian, Mike, Rodney & Alex.

It is beyond me how JWT does it with only the stock injectors.

There is still a lot to do, swappable/programmable EMS, 3” pipes, as the exhaust seems very restrictive, ya-da, ya-da; after the holidays but for now all I am going to do is have fun breaking in this beast. Those Nismo LSD really kick ***, thank goodness I had them installed.

G
Old 11-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
G,

I got your Swedish meat ***** right here...
Also, every turbo kit claims to have "custom turbos" made specially for them...Do you know what that would cost the kit makers to do as far as R&D goes..Look at APS turbos..They claim to be some custom turbo, yet simply a GT28 with a GT30 compesser side..I highly doubt, any company is going to spend the money for a Turbo manufacturer, to custom design a turbine wheel and housing for a turbo kit they might sell 500 of world wide, ever...
I thought the APS Twin Turbo kit (the normal one) featured GT25 Turbines with a GT28 Compressor Housing . . . . would I be wrong? I also made another thread regarding what specs. the APS Turbos are, does anyone have any LEGITIMATE information?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 05:52 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats good to hear G! listen did you find my y-pipe!!! LoL j/k i heard you were looking for it yesterday... let us know how the car behaves this week! enjoy it.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Z
I thought the APS Twin Turbo kit (the normal one) featured GT25 Turbines with a GT28 Compressor Housing . . . . would I be wrong? I also made another thread regarding what specs. the APS Turbos are, does anyone have any LEGITIMATE information?

Thanks
i don't know about GT25s...I think the JWT BB530s might be a form of GT25 but if you put the APS regular kit and JWT BB530 next to each other (some already have) the APS units are larger for sure... turbine and compressor.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
i don't know about GT25s...I think the JWT BB530s might be a form of GT25 but if you put the APS regular kit and JWT BB530 next to each other (some already have) the APS units are larger for sure... turbine and compressor.
What up Rob?

Yes, The APS are larger for sure than the 530s which are GT25s.

APS stock set-up should easily make more power than the JWT 530 set-up straight out of the box simply based upon airflow.

Happy Holidays.

M

Quick Reply: *** JWT BB530's and BB700's side by side ***