Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Fi Crankcase Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

oil vapor lowers the effective octane of the fuel your running
Originally Posted by Resmarted
Well although I'm jealous your car runs very well, have you ever opened up your plenum? Lol you won't think your pcv is so great when you see that yucky *** mess. Mine took some good scrubbing with a bunch of carb cleaner.

Besides that, I think there is some kind of vapor that actually directly robs hp, can't remember what the name is but I'm pretty sure it comes from the crank case. Someone correct me if they know.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
oil vapor lowers the effective octane of the fuel your running
Lol I thought there was some specific part of it that caused lower octane
Well there ya go lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
Doubt PCV valve would cause a bent rod. But who knows... I've been on my stock PCV system for several years now at 10lbs boost. But my engine has good compression and very little blow by. For tired engines or big boost, PCV system hacks are mandatory.
It will blow seals long before any damage to metal components. I had a check valve go bad and on an 18psi pull it blew the front crank seal right out of my car thus coating everything in oil. PITA to fix because I have an oversized radiator so the whole front end had to be removed in order to remove the crank pulley then put a new seal in.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
It will blow seals long before any damage to metal components. I had a check valve go bad and on an 18psi pull it blew the front crank seal right out of my car thus coating everything in oil. PITA to fix because I have an oversized radiator so the whole front end had to be removed in order to remove the crank pulley then put a new seal in.
You're running an ATi I assume? Did you have any issues with pulling it off? I only ask because I was lazy and pushed it on... even though I was told not to lmao.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well although I'm jealous your car runs very well, have you ever opened up your plenum? Lol you won't think your pcv is so great when you see that yucky *** mess. Mine took some good scrubbing with a bunch of carb cleaner.
Yea it's not too pretty (although, mostly pooled up oil, not much soot). I would rather it be in there than venting. I actually have reaaaly bad allergies and asthma hence why I run the 3" vibrant cats. Let it all burn up and out the exhaust.

Last edited by djamps; 05-20-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're running an ATi I assume? Did you have any issues with pulling it off? I only ask because I was lazy and pushed it on... even though I was told not to lmao.
Injected machined it so it's no longer a press on. It slides on and off fairly easy now.