Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

When will NISMO offer us a TT or SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:47 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default When will NISMO offer us a TT or SC?

There has been so much talk about SC and TT kits coming out. The Greddy, Nismo, Stillen etc. Nissan comes out with a sport car yet has not been specific on when Nismo will be offered in USA. I have been reading posts on all these products for months yet no products nor documentation of performance.

I am for one, frustrated with NISMO and hope that these products will be offered soon. Honestly, it is not like it is a difficult feat for a car company to design a Turbo or SC. They have had these products on Nissans for years. The key role the 350Z has for Nissan is building a performance image for the entire product line. For every person that likes the Z, there will most likely be 10 buyers of Altimas that went to looked at the Z but opted for a 4 seater car for pratical reasons. Going along with being an image builder, IMHO, the Z needs to have the option of having a TT or SC bolted on after market. Can you imagine Motor Ttrend comparing a TT 350Z with 400+ HP to a 911 TT and it is less than half the cost and performes on that level. That will sell more Nissans of all types and even if they sell the TT at a loss, they will come out ahead.

Jeff

Last edited by zland; 03-25-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:08 PM
4agze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nismo/ stillen

nismo are coming out with a supercharger for the 350. by May
they are gonna be available. and stillen has one out already.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Goofy1477

4agze---> How do you know? Are you sure? Do you have any proof?
Old 03-25-2003, 01:24 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default I want HP now

This thread reaffirms my feelings. Everyone seems to be talking about SC and TT but NISMO and others are silent. The stillen SC gives too little hp gain and is too expensive. It seems I have been reading about the Greddy TT for months without the product being offered. The same goes for the ECU mods.

I want to mod my Z with real HP gains. Putting a $1000 mod and getting 3-5 hp is not my idea of modding a car. Talk on the site is the Z is an open door to modding yet as of now, no one has got significant HP gains. Is there anyone that has over 330hp without going NOS?

I love my Z, I am just frustrated.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
twotonetrack

garet has supplied nismo with turbochargers for the 350z as was announced at SEMA and was written in SCC. It is my opinion that they offer the best turbos in the buis. The article also stated it would be a TT setup.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:39 PM
4agze

Smile nismo/ stillen

i work in the parts dept. for performance nissan in duarte, california. as of now no proof. but by may, IF we are gonna stock on it. i'll let you know.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM
TCL

Default Re: nismo/ stillen

Originally posted by 4agze
i work in the parts dept. for performance nissan in duarte, california. as of now no proof. but by may, IF we are gonna stock on it. i'll let you know.
Thanks. Keep us updated.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:00 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default more info about SCC article???

twotonetrack:

You said Garet will provide the TT as written in the SCC. What is the SCC? Are you sure that it will provide a TT for after market application or could it be for motor for the new skyline? I am wondering if this TT will be a bolt on mod or need internal mods as well? Can you answer these questions? Do you have a copy of the SCC article? I am sure there are many people here interested in this information.

thanks, Jeff
Old 03-26-2003, 12:25 PM
4agze

greetings again. my manager just came back from the nismo convention that happened last week. pretty interesting news.

bad news, the forced induction system is not gonna come out yet in may. reason being is they are still thinking bout going with twin turbo or supercharger.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:31 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Are you saying they have not made up their minds on going with a SC OR TT?

Can you update us on other NISMO news such as the real date we can get NISMO from our local Nissan dealers and what products they plan on selling here + new products we have not seen yet??
thanks, Jeff
Old 03-26-2003, 12:57 PM
DarkTalon

The Stillen SC kit is already available.

It sells for $3700 on Avalon Racing (www.avalonracing.net)

I dont know exactly the power number but it's something in the +70 hp range.

Last edited by DarkTalon; 03-26-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Guru

I doubt Nismo will release a forced induction kit for the US market. I'd be shocked if they ever did personally. This is especially true since Nissan is almost finished with their own twin turbo VQ motor for the GTR. Why would they put all that money into developing a motor that will be overshadowed by a factory Nissan motor in less than 6 months?
Old 03-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Sudou

Originally posted by Guru
I doubt Nismo will release a forced induction kit for the US market. I'd be shocked if they ever did personally. This is especially true since Nissan is almost finished with their own twin turbo VQ motor for the GTR. Why would they put all that money into developing a motor that will be overshadowed by a factory Nissan motor in less than 6 months?
maybe because we'll never see GTR in United States.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 PM
4agze

from what my manager told yes. they are thinking of throwing away the supercharger idea and going for TT. ( a lot of people are
really not into the changing the hood thing )

as for the nismo launch, for the " S- tuned " ( street legal )
full warranty by NMC is gonna come out early May. and for the
" R- tuned " ( non - street legal ) no warranty is gonna come out by spring.

im sorry if i dont have any specific date on these but these are all the info i could give.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:30 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: When will NISMO offer us a TT or SC?

Originally posted by zland
There has been so much talk about SC and TT kits coming out. The Greddy, Nismo, Stillen etc. Nissan comes out with a sport car yet has not been specific on when Nismo will be offered in USA. I have been reading posts on all these products for months yet no products nor documentation of performance.

I am for one, frustrated with NISMO and hope that these products will be offered soon. Honestly, it is not like it is a difficult feat for a car company to design a Turbo or SC. They have had these products on Nissans for years. The key role the 350Z has for Nissan is building a performance image for the entire product line. For every person that likes the Z, there will most likely be 10 buyers of Altimas that went to looked at the Z but opted for a 4 seater car for pratical reasons. Going along with being an image builder, IMHO, the Z needs to have the option of having a TT or SC bolted on after market. Can you imagine Motor Ttrend comparing a TT 350Z with 400+ HP to a 911 TT and it is less than half the cost and performes on that level. That will sell more Nissans of all types and even if they sell the TT at a loss, they will come out ahead.

Jeff
I dont believe NISMO itself will offer any FI kit.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:14 PM
4agze

Wink

ok