Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?
View Poll Results: AEM or Fcon
AEM
39.24%
Fcon
60.76%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

AEM or Fcon

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007 | 06:59 AM
350Z_LEE

lol @ that.

I think both are good EMS. And price is mostly always taken into consideration, so with that said, people probably pick the best application for their car and their budget.
Old 01-17-2007 | 10:56 AM
SaadSindhu

SP has a 600whp Z? Last i heard it was popcharged or something no where near that range. AEM is good but for the Z i trust my tuner who said the fcon is the way to go. AEM has proved itself over and over again in the tuner community but havent heard anything outstanding about them and their EMS's on the Z. Im sure they'll be up there soon, but for now i'll stick with my fcon. What is good with the AEM? What type of power does the AEM z make?
Old 01-17-2007 | 10:56 AM
booger

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
i would have to say AEM, just for the ability to tune myself..and not need a retinal scanner and urine sample to prove I am a agent for HKS.
lol...my shop looked into getting a dealership from them . They wanted pictures of the shop on all 4 sides of the build . Inside and out . And if you dont sell enough of thier products ,your dealership is taken away and the customers you had are $hit out of luck if they need to be retuned for upgraded mods or anything else
Old 01-17-2007 | 11:04 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by booger
lol...my shop looked into getting a dealership from them . They wanted pictures of the shop on all 4 sides of the build . Inside and out . And if you dont sell enough of thier products ,your dealership is taken away and the customers you had are $hit out of luck if they need to be retuned for upgraded mods or anything else
Are you referring to AEM or HKS?
Old 01-17-2007 | 11:07 AM
booger

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Are you referring to AEM or HKS?
HKS FCon of course
Old 01-17-2007 | 11:17 AM
Nismo350ZRT

HKS FCon of course
Gotcha!
Old 01-17-2007 | 11:17 AM
rcdash

HKS FCon of course
That seems like a poor business practice for HKS - it means there won't be that many tuners for HKS - ever. How do they expect to get market penetration with that level of... arrogance?

I've got high hopes for the next UTEC upgrade for the Z/G community (as reported at SEMA)...
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:38 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by SaadSindhu
What is good with the AEM? What type of power does the AEM z make?

the question is what type of power can it handle ...and definatly as said, some of the very high HP supras run this no problems so that tells you a lot.

I know personally of a G running the AEM =]
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:43 PM
booger

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
the question is what type of power can it handle ...and definatly as said, some of the very high HP supras run this no problems so that tells you a lot.

I know personally of a G running the AEM =]
A street car ? Drag car ? Drift car ?
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:46 PM
IIQuickSilverII

street car
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:46 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
When I called there I spoke to Eric I think... He said nothing has been released officially yet but they are working on it.
So AEM is not even a choice today...... then what's the point of this thread?
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:56 PM
IIQuickSilverII

good shops can wire you a harness to make the AEM work... it will be sooner than later that someone will release somethign that is ready for the Z...

sill i think we shoudl be waiting for a car specific( 4 D Z) standalone that can be better than the fcon and aem
Old 01-17-2007 | 03:37 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

HKS does not have any sales expectations of their Prodealers other then: sell some FCONs and install and tune them. There are no set quotas.

I see no reason for a tuner to be upset that HKS wants to see a portfolio before crowning them with a Prodealer account. Its just a way to help filter out the clowns. They want to know that when they send someone to a Prodealer for help, its not some punk kid in a basement or some fly by night business that could be gone at any moment.

If you sell some FCONs to your customers over time, they will not ditch your Prodealer account. Therefore you will always be able to tune for your customers that you sold those FCONs to.
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:06 PM
booger

Originally Posted by phunk
HKS does not have any sales expectations of their Prodealers other then: sell some FCONs and install and tune them. There are no set quotas.

I see no reason for a tuner to be upset that HKS wants to see a portfolio before crowning them with a Prodealer account. Its just a way to help filter out the clowns. They want to know that when they send someone to a Prodealer for help, its not some punk kid in a basement or some fly by night business that could be gone at any moment.

If you sell some FCONs to your customers over time, they will not ditch your Prodealer account. Therefore you will always be able to tune for your customers that you sold those FCONs to.
Sorry...MY bad ! I was miss informed by my shop on it then
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:26 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

its a common misconception, no problem.
Old 01-18-2007 | 08:44 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Actually, we do have the AEM as an option! We've been running it on my shop car for the last few months with no issues. Our Z had a procharger on it and put down just shy of 400rwhp. As of today the charger is off and we're getting ready to sleeve the extra vq block, build it and work on completing our turbo kit. We plan on using a set of gt35r's.

Anyways, how we have the AEM is plugged directly into the factory ecu utilizing a custom wiring harness we make to retain the factory ecu's ability to control cam timing and drive by wire functionality. The package we offer contains the EMS box, wiring harness, all sensors (map, water temp, ait), and a AEM wideband uego (gauge included) The price is $2999.

We are also looking at having the AEM control the Variable valve timing as well, but that is still in developement.

If anyone has any questions you can call Larry and I at the shop
630-893-5002
or email me chris@spracingonline.com

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-18-2007 | 08:51 PM
booger

Originally Posted by SP Racing
Actually, we do have the AEM as an option! We've been running it on my shop car for the last few months with no issues. Our Z had a procharger on it and put down just shy of 400rwhp. As of today the charger is off and we're getting ready to sleeve the extra vq block, build it and work on completing our turbo kit. We plan on using a set of gt35r's.

Anyways, how we have the AEM is plugged directly into the factory ecu utilizing a custom wiring harness we make to retain the factory ecu's ability to control cam timing and drive by wire functionality. The package we offer contains the EMS box, wiring harness, all sensors (map, water temp, ait), and a AEM wideband uego (gauge included) The price is $2999.

We are also looking at having the AEM control the Variable valve timing as well, but that is still in developement.

If anyone has any questions you can call Larry and I at the shop
630-893-5002
or email me chris@spracingonline.com

Thanks
Chris
Does that come with base maps to get you started ?

Is SP Racing .... Sound Performance ?
Old 01-18-2007 | 08:57 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Does that come with base maps to get you started ?

Is SP Racing .... Sound Performance ?
Yes it does

and yes we are SP Racing otherwise known as Sound Performance.

Chris
Old 01-18-2007 | 09:07 PM
rocks

Hydra EMS will control cam timing and has 32x32 resolution like the fcon. It will be out in febuary. It will also do drive by wire and use all factory sensors.
Old 01-19-2007 | 08:58 AM
clemlover15

SP do you guys have the actuall 350z AEM or are you using the universal kit wired in. And is the stock ECU still in place? I thought AEM replaced it?

Quick Reply: AEM or Fcon