Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics piping pictures and routing

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
dukeduster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
I am no MIA fan... but rocks.. you do act like you know more than you actually do... i don't know when you found this wealth of knowledge.. but i know at one point you were going to take your car to SGP... now all of a sudden you are a engine builder, turbo kit fabber and a UTEC Guru...

I am the "engine builder, turbo kit fabber and a UTEC Guru" so there you have it! and mia go back to turbonetics school k thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:11 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeduster
I am the "engine builder, turbo kit fabber and a UTEC Guru" so there you have it! and mia go back to turbonetics school k thanks.
so in other words.. anything rocks knows is because you told it to him... so in actuallity.. his knowledge is limited to your knowledge, so in the case you maybe incorrect about something.. God forbid because you are actually human, or so i believe.. that would mean that rocks knowledge is also incorrect.

I am not going to prejudge you guys based on your information... you seem to have some semi-intelligent ideas, however... the way to introduce yourself to the FI Forum of a web forum is not by ripping off one of the top manufacturers designs and then trying to influence others to do the same.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A utec isnt hard to use. I grew up using dos computers. A utec is like dos but more horrible. I was never going to take my car to sgp. I took my engine to built Z motors after factoring in costs for parts + machine work = I save 1000$ = easier for me to have it done by someone with experince with the VQ. I will not pay someone to turbo my car though. There is no way in hell i would ever do that.

I have done engine swaps on vehicles before. I have rewired ecus into one car from another car to get more horsepower. I made my own intercooler piping before, i can build intercooler piping but i cant build piping for a DIY turbokit. lols. this is funny. Exhaust isnt hard, you see dukeduster can weld, i buy him pipe and gas, and feed him beer and smokes and he welds...
Dukeduster didnt "teach" me everything i know, he knows more than me about somethings and some things i know more about than him.

If it aint turbonetics stay away from it kids, because mia says its bad.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 AM
dukeduster

doug you have to understand how top manufacturers make their money. The person/s who actually developed that kit probably gets a crappy salary and/or got fired. Guess what Turbonetics gets all that profit of that guys design. No one is ripping off plan designs cause if I were to base a turbo kit on the TN single kit I would modify it extremely. Just kinda gives a good baseline for fabbing it up you know. So now that if anyone still believes in the idea being ripped off. what about all the companies who make headers for the wrx. perrin, GPmoto, Borla, Greddy, HKS, and many others have identical designs. So would this mean all the manufacturers of those headers are ripping each other off? I wouldn't think so. But hey everyone has their own opinion.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Not like a like Hijacking thread but the title does say Turbonetics and you guys are more off topic than me so i dont feel so bad....

MIA, looking throught the install instructions for the rev-up and they have the same part # for the charge pipe. I know for a fact they are different but I have been looking feverishly for and cant find it. Oh well I guess.

Hit me up..
-Don
Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 AM
rocks

I guess people that make aftermarket heads and blocks for engines are ripping off the OEMs. You could say the same thing about crankshafts and connecting rods.

The thread is pictures of turbonetics pipig, not people that work at turbonetics come in here and flame.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
doug

doug you have to understand how top manufacturers make their money. The person/s who actually developed that kit probably gets a crappy salary and/or got fired. Guess what Turbonetics gets all that profit of that guys design. No one is ripping off plan designs cause if I were to base a turbo kit on the TN single kit I would modify it extremely. Just kinda gives a good baseline for fabbing it up you know. So now that if anyone still believes in the idea being ripped off. what about all the companies who make headers for the wrx. perrin, GPmoto, Borla, Greddy, HKS, and many others have identical designs. So would this mean all the manufacturers of those headers are ripping each other off? I wouldn't think so. But hey everyone has their own opinion.
their are two avenues you could take that would be more tactful

1) Rip off the design make your own turbokit and never tell anyone about it..

2) Offer suggestions to others about building a turbo kit based on "simular" designs and run with that..

coming on the board and bold face telling people to rip off Turbonectics design is poor business marketing.. now you have just told people you are a theif, now why would they listen to anything you say, you're now lacking credibility..

in life is not what we say, but how we say it.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:58 AM
dukeduster

their are two avenues you could take that would be more tactful

1) Rip off the design make your own turbokit and never tell anyone about it..

2) Offer suggestions to others about building a turbo kit based on "simular" designs and run with that..

coming on the board and bold face telling people to rip off Turbonectics design is poor business marketing.. now you have just told people you are a theif, now why would they listen to anything you say, you're now lacking credibility..

in life is not what we say, but how we say it.

hrmmm,

Well doug I dunno about a thief. maybe a idealist but never a thief. The definition for idealist is:

1. a person who cherishes or pursues high or noble principles, purposes, goals, etc.
2. a visionary or impractical person.
3. a person who represents things as they might or should be rather than as they are.
4. a writer or artist who treats subjects imaginatively.
5. a person who accepts the doctrines of idealism.

Yep that sounds about right to me. Now please don't assume im a thief cause the definition for a thief doesn't classify me just right for some reason.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM
doug

i never said you were a theif.. i said you may come off a such when you boldly show that you are stealing a design.. correct me if i am wrong.. but doesn't a theif steal?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Oleg

i never said you were a theif.. i said you may come off a such when you boldly show that you are stealing a design.. correct me if i am wrong.. but doesn't a theif steal?
Doug, in their defence though, there are only so many places to put a single turbo on a Z, so anywhere you go you will have either the APS or the TN camp pissing and moaning about plagiarism...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:13 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Oleg
Doug, in their defence though, there are only so many places to put a single turbo on a Z, so anywhere you go you will have either the APS or the TN camp pissing and moaning about plagiarism...
yeah and i know it happens.. but you don't just drive up to the IRS in your brand new Range Rover Sport and tell them you cheat on your taxes
Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Oleg

yeah and i know it happens.. but you don't just drive up to the IRS in your brand new Range Rover Sport and tell them you cheat on your taxes
True, true...
Let's just say that if you are going to use someone else's piping ideas, refraining from insulting them for their choice of the WG size or placement, that would be a tactful thing to do, no?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:16 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Oleg
True, true...
Let's just say that if you are going to use someone else's piping ideas, refraining from insulting them for their choice of the WG size or placement, that would be a tactful thing to do, no?
yezzir
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Oleg

yezzir
Stay out of middle east. I need to know who's in china...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:48 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Not like a like Hijacking thread but the title does say Turbonetics and you guys are more off topic than me so i dont feel so bad....

MIA, looking throught the install instructions for the rev-up and they have the same part # for the charge pipe. I know for a fact they are different but I have been looking feverishly for and cant find it. Oh well I guess.

Hit me up..
-Don
I asked the R&D guy about it and they said they modified all of those pipes for both kits to move it farther forward. It doesn't cause any issues with the non-REvup kit and makes it so it will fit on Revup motors. Order that part number.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
MIAPLAYA

Old 01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by rocks

If it aint turbonetics stay away from it kids, because mia says its bad.
Point me to where I said that. In fact link the thread so all can see. BTW there is an ignore feature. Don't like what I post, use it.
Attached Thumbnails Turbonetics piping pictures and routing-ignore.jpg  

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 01-31-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM
dukeduster

I KNEW MIA DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION IN TURBONETICS SCHOOL!!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
rocks

Why would i use the ignore button, then i would have no fun lols.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
rocks

Quick Reply: Turbonetics piping pictures and routing