Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR turbo system 640WHP @ 14psi

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
InsaneChink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotta love these threads...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Agree to disagree I guess...

Thats fine.We will let the turbo systems speak for themselves.There are about 15 different people finishing their cars with moderate to insane builds and I am sure we will see the results soon enough.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Thats fine.We will let the turbo systems speak for themselves.There are about 15 different people finishing their cars with moderate to insane builds and I am sure we will see the results soon enough.
Tim, Dont even feed into his BS.He is just trying to start some Drama...Simple Physics will prevail, Larger turbos= More HP at lower boost levels.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Oleg

Tim, I don't know why are you even bothering...
Accoding to this forum, paying someone to install a generic FI kit on your car is equivalent to spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express. Everyone then becomes an FI guru, fully aware of all nuances of the dyno, etc.
I'm not going say anything more b/c I know that I will get flamed. I do not have as much experience sound like I know what I'm talking about on a e-forum.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM
bldrz

Tim, I wanted to compliment you on a great tt kit. A few years ago we had a similar discussion about our dyno results at altitude. Some how our numbers were totally inflated when guys with very similar set-ups were within a few hp/tq of our numbers and their numbers were "acceptable". Our car trapped consitently in the high 120's with a best mph of 131. I would be curious to see what people think our car puts to the wheels to achieve that trap speed. By the way full street trim weighing in at 3650 with driver. With a DA typically in the 7500 foot range. This may help enlighten the dicussion. Anybody have a guess on rwhp/tq? Once again thanks for all the hard work in developing and releasing another FI option for the Z community. Jason

Last edited by bldrz; 03-02-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
aalzuhair

Only time will tell, Tim and as you said .. let the turbo systems speak for themselves. I can't wait to see some of the SFR turbo systems making 1000whp plus.

Az

PS: Tim, we will always have a place for you @ The-Top
Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
kevinapex

Originally Posted by bldrz
Tim, I wanted to compliment you on a great tt kit. A few years ago we had a similar discussion about our dyno results at altitude. Some how our numbers were totally inflated when guys with very similar set-ups were within a few hp/tq of our numbers and their numbers were "acceptable". Our car trapped consitently in the high 120's with a best mph of 131. I would be curious to see what people think our car puts to the wheels to achieve that trap speed. By the way full street trim weighing in at 3650 with driver. With a DA typically in the 7500 foot range. This may help enlighten the dicussion. Anybody have a guess on rwhp/tq? Once again thanks for all the hard work in developing and releasing another FI option for the Z community. Jason
Jason, I think I have a good guess!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Only time will tell, Tim and as you said .. let the turbo systems speak for themselves. I can't wait to see some of the SFR turbo systems making 1000whp plus.

Az

PS: Tim, we will always have a place for you @ The-Top

Thanks AZ. You have one of the baddest set-ups to date so we need your results buddy!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
aalzuhair

Thanks AZ. You have one of the baddest set-ups to date so we need your results buddy!
You are most welcome Tim .. I'm just waiting on my MoTeC M880 to come in from Simon@Nizpro and then we will see some numbers
Old 03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
bldrz

Kevin, How's the fuel solution coming? Eric brought me up to speed, but didn't know when you would receive the system. Let me know when you are headed back to the dyno for what will hopefully be your final tune. I would like to tag along if you dont mind. Jason
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
bldrz

Another variable to consider is that this chart is a mild state of tune on relatively low boost. I believe when a few of the glitches are worked out of the system and Kevin has a chance to run the turbos in the high end of their efficiency range on a little more aggressive tune we will see a stronger tq/hp curve. Although this is already one of the better hp/tq curves I have seen for a 3.5 Z. Correction Factor or not this Z is already a beast and will only get stronger in the near future. The SFR kit is very impressive in my opinion. Jason
Old 03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
kevinapex

Kevin, How's the fuel solution coming? Eric brought me up to speed, but didn't know when you would receive the system. Let me know when you are headed back to the dyno for what will hopefully be your final tune. I would like to tag along if you dont mind. Jason
Charles is.....ON IT! He'll take care of me!!
He's been real good! eta unknown on the stageIII tho.
Love to have you there for another dyno! I've about worn your punch card out for dyno support (x3 times!!) , THANKS JASON!! It means alot man!
Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 PM
bldrz

Kevin, 3rd times a charm as they say. Give me a few days notice and I should be able to make it down. Jason
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Another variable to consider is that this chart is a mild state of tune on relatively low boost. I believe when a few of the glitches are worked out of the system and Kevin has a chance to run the turbos in the high end of their efficiency range on a little more aggressive tune we will see a stronger tq/hp curve. Although this is already one of the better hp/tq curves I have seen for a 3.5 Z. Correction Factor or not this Z is already a beast and will only get stronger in the near future. The SFR kit is very impressive in my opinion. Jason

Thanks for the encouragement and compliments Jason. And thanks for all the kind words from everyone, especially from MRC. I do like to think I know my **** but you know, there is always someone out there that is smarter However, you would be hard pressed to find someone that has the whole package and can do it all: weld, fabricate, tune and assemble a motor
Old 03-03-2007, 08:39 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Tim, Dont even feed into his BS.He is just trying to start some Drama...Simple Physics will prevail, Larger turbos= More HP at lower boost levels.

Trying to start drama??? More like trying to keep people honest.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Trying to start drama??? More like trying to keep people honest.
Take the guys altitude into consideration as well..Not all Dynos coast to coast will read close or near one another..There are far more questionable dynos out there, that need to be scrutinized. Tim is 100% honest, IMO, and their kit is the highest HP potential kit out there, so their dyno numbers could read 800whp and It would not surprise me..Just keep an open mind instead of calling BS right away..
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Take the guys altitude into consideration as well..Not all Dynos coast to coast will read close or near one another..There are far more questionable dynos out there, that need to be scrutinized. Tim is 100% honest, IMO, and their kit is the highest HP potential kit out there, so their dyno numbers could read 800whp and It would not surprise me..Just keep an open mind instead of calling BS right away..

We'll get it done and eventually all of the dobters will be wanting to buy our turbo kit when they realize the rest of the turbo kits are going to run out of steam trying to make big numbers
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Oh and we haven't even had anyone dyno their cars with the big dog turbos yet.All the dynos are with the basic turbos that come with the basic kit. People will crap themselves when they see the big dog turbos in action.AZ has got the big dog turbos,Their is another customer in Virginia with the big dog turbos and MRC has come up with their own big dog turbo set-up and so has SP Engineering.There will be big advances for the Z community this year and before you know it the Supra guys will be buying Z's and G's.LOL.We will just be happy to be part of it.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
turismo

Oh and we haven't even had anyone dyno their cars with the big dog turbos yet.All the dynos are with the basic turbos that come with the basic kit. People will crap themselves when they see the big dog turbos in action.AZ has got the big dog turbos,Their is another customer in Virginia with the big dog turbos and MRC has come up with their own big dog turbo set-up and so has SP Engineering.There will be big advances for the Z community this year and before you know it the Supra guys will be buying Z's and G's.LOL.We will just be happy to be part of it.

Well Tim, the motor is in the car. Hopefully we will have it tuned with the VPRO here by Wednesday. I should rack up 1500 miles or so by Sunday, so I can have it tuned for 20psi. Do you know if I got your big dog setup or not? I cant remember.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by turismo
Well Tim, the motor is in the car. Hopefully we will have it tuned with the VPRO here by Wednesday. I should rack up 1500 miles or so by Sunday, so I can have it tuned for 20psi. Do you know if I got your big dog setup or not? I cant remember.

No.You got the same turbos as I have and of all the guys with the dyno charts in this thread.Tommy Banh wanted to give you halfway decent spool-up and with the big dog turbos...... spool-up is well not the greatest.The ball-bearing option helps alot with the big dog turbos though.

Tim